“Never again.”

Ranked #188 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Mineral Wells, Texas
“Never again.”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Room was dark, crowded with no closet, no vent in bath and overlooked the drive-thru at Carl Jr's. It definately was not cheap, but should have been. The photos online were done with considerable "artistic license". I'm usually not picky, but would never stay in this again.

• Stayed August 2013
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding the lack of utilities in your room, and I apologize if you were not completely satisfied with your stay here. Your review was shared with our maintenance staff and we want you to know that we are looking into key areas that you pointed out. I once again apologize that aspects of your stay were rough, but note that we will make sure that all future guests will have a great experience due to your feedback. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Arroyo Grande, California
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a night during a business trip in August, 2013. Everyone I talked to was friendly, which was good. On the downside, the room was not ready for me when I went to check in (after 3pm) and the hallway by my room and the room itself smelled musty. The breakfast room is small, and a sign on the door asks guests not to take food from the room, so finding seating may be a problem (I had to wait for a table).

I would not call my experience here negative; I would consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Your review is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and I apologize if you were not completely satisfied with your stay here. I have brought to the attention of our housekeepers the issue with the smell and are working hard from this ever occurring to any future gusts. As for the issue of the breakfast room I will let the owners know that the incrasingly popularity of it has limited our available sitting at any given time. I hope that you give us another opportunity on your next business trip back to our area.
San Diego
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was drawn to this hotel becaus of its proximity to my business meeting. It seemed to be priced fairly and was acceptable except There was no hot water in the shower or sink which made for a very uncomfortable shower and long day

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
I sincerely apologized that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will continue to work hard to surpass your expectations. Typically we have the front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance departments working all together to make sure that all the problems are addressed. Our staff is in constant contact and any issues that arise are typically addressed immediately. We have notified our maintenance staff about the issue. They are looking into what occurred and on how to prevent this so it never happens again. I really do hope that you give us another opportunity not only to meet your expectations but to surpass them. On behalf of myself and our entire staff I sincerely apologize again.
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I would like to say i had the best 2 days of my life at this Quality Inn
got check in/out with no problem
breakfast was great just needs scramble eggs
overall I will be back
Jimmy/Carol at front desk was excellent I love that Carol she help me with everything

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cathy j
Thank you for reviewing your stay here. I have shared your comments with our staff and we are happy to hear that our emphasis on customer service is being noticed. Our breakfast is indeed great and happy to hear you enjoyed the sausage, bacon, waffles, yogurt, juices, coffee, breads and pastries. Your feedback is important to us and your suggestions are being noted and will be considering what is best for our guests. Again I thank you for your time and hope to see you in the near future.
Riverside, California, Usa
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Staff was Great, we tried to check in really early but rooms were not available yet .It was 8:30am it was worth a try. But they did let my family eat morning Breakfast, that was a nice savings for the family. we had to get 2 rooms, big family 4 kids they took our accommodations with no problem give us 2 rooms side by side , Nice clean rooms 102,103, new 42"flat screens the Air conditioner will freeze you out of the room!!! . Nice clean towel frig and micro in rooms also was nice..

Room Tip: 102 to 105 a bit more noisy because of breakfast kitchen and a bathroom for visitors, Ice Machine
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Your terrific comments let the entire staff know that our hard work is making your experience memorable. We strive to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Management has been careful to select a great staff that will tend to all of our guest's needs. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed our free and well assorted breakfast. We understand that traveling with a large family can be difficult and with the proper customer service, everything can be smooth and the trip can become relaxing. As you have highlighted in your comment our rooms are equipped with new hi-def flat screen t.v., small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. We appreciate your stay with us and hope to see you again on the next basketball tournament or family vacation.
baja
Reviewed 15 August 2013

everything was perfect - the staff is great. All new appliances and bright, fresh rooms. Cable TV with all the channels and an accurate guide. Coffee all day and a morning breakfast. Would stay again w/o hesitation. Close to the 5, 805 and 15 freeways.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
We thank you for sharing your amazing experience with everyone. Your terrific comments let the entire staff know that our hard work is making your experience memorable. We strive to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. As you have mentioned we do indeed have a complete and free breakfast for all our guests to enjoy which includes sausage, bacon, waffles, yogurt, juice, coffee, and a great selection in breads and pastries. All our rooms are newly furnished and equipped with hi-def flat screen tvs. Another amenity that our guests really enjoy is our high speed internet which is also at No extra cost to our guests. I am sure that on your next stay we can not only match but exceed your previous experience. Again on behalf of the entire staff we thank you and hope to see you in the near future.
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was a great place for an overnight stay, providing all the facilities needed in the room. The self-serve cooked breakfast was excellent for this type of establishment, with something for everyone. The swimming pool was very small, but we didn't use it as we were just staying overnight. Although the Inn was near the interstate and a main road, it was very quiet. The road outside leads eventually to Torrey Pines State Park, which was well-worth visiting.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wilks_teakle
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. The property is nearby a lot of attractions and provides easy access to many destinations. Our rooms indeed offer a lot including a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker as well as hi-def flat screen t.v. and I believe it really does make a difference in terms of comfort. Your great feedback lets us know that we are providing a great service and value to the guests. In addition I am glad that you were able to enjoy our free full breakfast which includes sausage, bacon, waffles, hard boiled eggs, coffee, juice and a great variety of breads and pastries. I hope that your next trip to San Diego you come visit us again and I am confident we will match your expectations.