“Recommended hotel...”

Ranked #188 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Semarang, Indonesia
“Recommended hotel...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This time, I would like to share my experience in staying at Quality Inn I-15 Miramar end of last year (December 2013). I chose this hotel during my visit in San Diego Area due to its review and I didn't regret my decision (thanks to reviewers who had helped me finding this hotel).

I did not really mind staying in this hotel although it was not centrally located as I was looking for a decent accommodation which was near freeway as I had to head back to Los Angeles the next morning. Upon our arrival in the motel property late at night that evening, I proceeded to check-in which was prompt and within five (5) minutes, we both were in our room already.

Our room was big, spacious, clean and well maintained; so does the bathroom. I was really impressed with what they had to offer and at the price I paid, I would definitely rate this hotel as one of the best gems in greater San Diego area. Breakfast is quite simple but I had nothing to complain about as there was a burger chain restaurant outside the motel.

Overall, I do strongly recommend this motel to everyone who is looking for a safe, clean and well maintained hotel accommodation during their visit in greater San Diego area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the street level as this property doesn't have elevator which could be trou...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. The property is nearby a lot of attractions and provides easy access to many destinations. Our rooms indeed offer a lot including a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker as well as hi-def flat screen t.v. and I believe it really does make a difference in terms of comfort. Your great feedback lets us know that we are providing a great service and value to the guests. We want everyone to have a memorable and fun experience and I really do hope that you come see us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Room close to family home.Room was updated and close to shopping.There was a full street of designer stores.Free parking.That is rare in California.We will stay there again when in San Diego.Price was good when using our CAA card.Nice continental breakfast and coffee and tea available all day.Staff had loud voice to get people moving.Free wifi clean fridge with freezer large screen tv and out door pool.Extra pillows and blankets were available.Restaurant across the street for quick dinner. Hotel was easy to get to and close to highway.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janine W
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
I would like to first start by saying Thank You for your wonderful and informative comment . Your great feedback lets us know that we are providing a great service and specifically a great value to our guests. We are happy to hear that you had utilized most of our amenities. As you have highlighted in your review all our rooms are newly furnished and also equipped with 40” hi-def flat screen tvs. We also take pride in providing a great selection in our complimentary breakfast which includes sausage, bacon, hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice, and a great variety of breads and pastries. We hope to provide an even greater experience for you on your next visit to our hotel. We hope to see you soon.
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in two days in this hotel and I love the atmosphere and the quality of service and how clean it was,
Best part the price for this hotel was incomparably reasonable

I love the staff there extremely nice and professional specially the front desk female Who checked us in I believe her name is rutu.
She Was very professional and helpful,
Also the female who checked us out I believe her name is Lisa was very nice and polite as well

I'll definitely recommend it I'll definitely stay in the next time I'm in town
Room #2 17

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with the world. I am glad you highlighted our staff and how satisfied you are with their customer service. We strive to provide the best experience to all of our guests. We work hard to build a core of friendly staff members who are assertive in being helpful and supportive. It’s encouraging to know that our hard work is noticed by our guests. I once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have searched alot of hotels in San Diego area and it is next to impossible to find anything under 100.00. You have to spend close to 150.00 to get anything decent. But here you have a very decent hotel for around 80.00 and you are about 20 minutes from seaport village. In fact the freeway from the hotel goes right into downtown San Diego. Its clean and affordable just don't expect to much enthusiasm from the staff. Great price for a 4th of July weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank muskateer345
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. Indeed the property is nearby a lot of attractions and provides easy access to many destinations. We strive to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Your great feedback lets us know that we are providing a great service and value to our guests. Again we thank you for your feedback and hope that you will continue to visit us on your next trip to San Diego.
Delano, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed one Sunday night last April for a base rate less than $70. Check in clerk (East Indian) and the lady manning the breakfast who checked us out later were both friendly. We were given a room on the same level with the breakfast room and found it clean.We had a restful night. Breakfast is typical Quality Inn offering that I consider adequate for the price we paid. And for those who travel with their pet, this hotel charges the lowest pet fee in the San Diego area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
I’m glad to hear that you were happy with your decision to stay with us during your recent visit to San Diego. I have shared your comments with the entire staff, and they join me in thanking you for taking the time to share your experience and rating. We look forward to our next opportunity to provide you with pleasant and comfortable accommodations on your future visits
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Nice location, Nice hotel but, no breakfast after 09:00 o'clock for who mat late weak-up ?.

Rooms are clean and nice but please do not try to walk in your room below level and/or your next door can call the reception. Rooms not have soundproof !!!!!.

Reception staff are not very friendly and breakfast area is completely awful !!! No cheese and/or simple scramble egg which it is next to rest room and 3 days hotel was sewage smelling. :-(

Room service was awesome. Room was clean and well prepared, bed & towels are nice coffee maker, microwave and fridge was working well plus free internet & new flat screen TV are great options...

No parking problem :-)

Room Tip: Choose second or third floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank FredChendo
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Your review is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve our hotel. I apologize if you were not completely satisfied with your stay here; we appreciate your kind words regarding our grounds and rooms. We encourage our guest feedbacks in any area of our hotel as it helps us make modifications and improvements. We do go beyond the traditional “continental breakfast” which does include sausage, bacon, waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, and a variety of breads and pastries. I am sorry that breakfast was not available after 9am. We try to accommodate everyone starting our breakfast hours M-F 6am to 9am and 6am to 10am on weekends. I thank you on behalf of our housekeeping staff for recognizing their attention to detail and their awesome work.
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

First off, I am not rating this hotel based on the official star rating, those wildly vary on quality. I am reviewing it based on price (avg $80-100 most nights) and the ranking it got on this site (top 40%, one of the few lower price hotels at this rating).

Room - average, double beds. The air freshener they use smells weird and there is no fan in the bathroom (they claim this is the entire hotel). There was mold on the window sill from the rain when we got there. Didn't notice it come back after cleaning though. Cable TV on a flat screen.

Workout room - 3 out of 4 machines were not usable. The main weight machine they claimed they were waiting on a part for.

Hotel itself - the building is very narrow and the bulk of rooms are below ground. The breakfast area is much too close to rooms.

Breakfast - pretty standard continental - cereal, bread, waffle mix, bagels/muffins, sausage & bacon, juice/milk. No variety or changes no matter how long you stay. The room is tile and they leave the door open so loud people (one of their employees was very loudly talking with a customer) are heard easily all the way down the hall and behind your own door. Closes at 9am on weekdays so no sleeping in for vacationers.

Although this place is right near my parents, I don't think I would stay here again unless the deal was really good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jnorlund
Your review is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve our hotel. I want to offer my sincere apology for your unsatisfied stay with us. As for the exercise machine, I assure you that all 4 machines are in working order. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts. I do hope on your next family visit you give us another opportunity to not only meet your expectations but go beyond them. On behalf of me and the entire staff we sincerely apologize again.