“Very Nice Place”

Ranked #187 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Orem, Utah
“Very Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I got here a bit early in the afternoon but the clerk (I think he was the owner) said if the room is ready you can have it. Luckily it was ready so I was able to check in right away, nice! And he was very friendly yet professional. The room was nice as it was roomy and it was clean. The hot water at the sink and tub came quickly which was nice. I was on the third floor and there was no elevator so that was a bit of a bummer. It had a nice kitchen counter with full size sink and a dual hot plate along with a nice frig, microwave and coffee maker. The only thing is that that area is very dark so if you're trying to use it prior to sun up or after sun down there's no light in the area and it's very very dark.
The cleaning schedule is kind of screwy. Someone would come and take the dirty towels early in the AM but did not clean the room. When I returned to the room the first day and found this I just hung the do not disturb sign on the door since I had a lot of work to do and decided I would live without the bed being made. The next morning when I was leaving at 8:30 I found a maid down the hall. I went and spoke to her and explained that I was leaving then but would be returning shortly after lunch. I'd again have a lot of work to do in the afternoon so could she please clean my room early. I guess there was a breakdown in communication as when I returned at 1:30 the dirty towels had been removed and the bed had been stripped and that was it. I called the front desk and explained. They told me the maid was just finishing lunch and would be up there shortly. She was and finished cleaning the room, replaced the towels and made the bed. She did nice work but I just wished it could have been done sooner.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so if you don't want to lug your luggage upstairs request a room on a lo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. It will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Salem, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has very welcoming. Staff was pleasant. Breakfast was decent. Pool is nice but small. Everything was clean. Beds are okay but they are doubles if two in a room not queens. Right off interstate. Carla jr and gas stations nearby along with other places

Stayed July 2014
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you on your recent review of your stay. I have informed the entire staff of your kind words regarding them and their performance. Indeed our rooms have been updated with lots of amenities for our guests comfort among the ones highlighted in your comments are free breakfast, flat screen t.v. and high speed internet. We hope on being your first choice on your next visit to our area. The staff joins in thanking you once again.
Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Entirely suitable if you are pinching pennies in this expensive area. As a road warrior I just expect more. Front desk people friendly, breakfast the same everyday. Carls Jr across parking lot is only walkable food.
Clientele what you would expect from cut rate hotel.
So if you are in your on money- perfect. On expense account - spend more for upgrade at Holiday Inn across street.

Stayed July 2014
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest, I thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. On behalf of the entire staff we would like to apologize if your stay was less than satisfying. You are indeed correct that we are the most affordable property in our area and we do include free breakfast as well as free wifi. Again I thank you for your review and we hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Ventura, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This budget-priced motel near the Miramar Air Station is quite adequate for a few-night stay in the San DIego area if you don't want to pay downtown prices. The front-desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean enough, although the carpet could have used a shampoo. The breakfast was very good, especially for the class of motel this is. Interior corridors are a security plus. The room has lots of mirrors, including a large full-length one, helpful in checking your appearance before leaving for the day. Fridge was larger than in most motels and included a freezer. Air conditioning worked well. Yes, it was a little noisy, but I considered it good "white noise" to block out sounds from guests on the other side of thin walls. It would be nice if there were an elevator, but being forewarned, I requested a room no higher than the 2nd floor and got along okay. Also being forewarned about possible musty smell (which I did experience), I brought Febreze air freshener and got along fine.There is a large shopping area within 3 miles and a fast-food restaurant in the parking lot. Overall, I'd stay here again if all I planned to do was sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our property more than adequate for your visit to San Diego. We thank you for expressing your concerns on over seen items that need immediate attention. There are times as we try to attend to or try to foresee wear and tear, we miss something and we are very appreciative to our guests that point them out. On behalf of the staff and our management team I would like to thank you for your kind words in regards to them. Again thank you for your time and review.
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed at this place before and swore I wouldn't be back, but it was a good rate and it was just one night. And because of the other reviews, I figured I would try it again. Makes me wonder if I stayed at the same place as them!
For starters let's talk about what wasn't good. No elevator. So if you have a bad back like me, 3rd floor isn't fun. Luckily I packed light for one night. Coffee maker was broken - the top filled up with water so had to go downstairs for my coffee. My room smelled awful! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep it was so bad. Not sure what it was from. The place is run down, dirty, and needs repairs badly. The room they gave me was at the top of the stairs immediately to the left and was next to some kind of supply room. I'm a rewards member with them and this was the best room they had for me?? I heard everything outside my door. The guy behind the front desk wasn't too friendly and the guy in the morning was very hard to understand. Getting out of this place at busy times of day is very difficult because the light at Miramar is so long. Be prepared and add an extra 5 or 10 minutes to your trip because I had to wait through 2 light changes to get out.

There were some positives to be fair. The beds weren't bad, the pillows were actually pretty decent. Always nice having a fridge and microwave in the room. I didn't eat breakfast there, but it was the standard free breakfast with waffles too, so seemed ok. Oh, the shower pressure was excellent! That's about it. I think I was generous with an Average rating, but took into account some of the positives along with the decent rate I got for the area. But I will not stay here again and this time I mean it.

Room Tip: Dont choose the room at the top of stairs on the third floor to the left. Can't remember the nu...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear valued guest, Thank you for your review and your helpful suggestions to future travelers. I would like to apologize that our room inventory was limited and not to your complete satisfaction. Thank you also for bringing up your concerns as it is invaluable to us. Guests that take their time to point out non functional items are a great help to us as it helps us to address these items immediately. Again thank you and I apologize that your expectations were not met.
National City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here a couple of times when I'm in town and i love this place! such a great deal when you book ahead. This place is always clean and staff is very welcoming.The amenities are very convenient, mini fridge and microwave. There's free wifi and big TV. Very comfortable beds as well most places I've stayed beds are usually very uncomfortable but not here. Parking is also very convenient and location is awesome. Plenty of nearby restaurants to go eat, there are plenty of other hotels around the area but overall for the quality and environment is definitely worth the price. . Read someones review on the odor of the room, I've stayed here handful of times throughout the year and never experienced a "acrid smell" Rooms seem to always be well kept and neat never smelly. Hope my review helped! definitely give it a chance

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be the most quiet but overall they are still great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Tanya, Thank you for continuing staying with us time after time. Your detailed review gives future guests an insight on our property. Your comments and great advise when making a reservation are greatly appreciated and we know that other travelers appreciate it as well. If there is anything that we can do to make your future stays more comfortable please do not hesitate to ask. We thank you for making Quality inn I-15 Miramar your favorite place to stay when you're in town.
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I visited this hotel with a friend because it was the cheapest we could find in San Diego that was also pet friendly, and I was not expecting it to be as nice as it is for as cheap as it is. Everything was really nice, staff included. There's a microwave and mini fridge in the room, as well as a big tv. There's free wifi, and free biscuit. Staying here is a great decision.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Katie,
Thank you for using the word “wow” on your review headline as it shows us that we exceeded your expectations and made your stay memorable. Your kind words regarding our property and most importantly our staff, encourages them on continuing to provide great guest services. I am happy that our property was more than adequate for your fellow pet and yourself on your recent visit to San Diego. As you mentioned not only do we provide free wifi but we also have free hot breakfast and free parking. Again thank you for your time and we hope to see you again in the near future.