“Will Not Return”

Ranked #198 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Firestone, Colorado
“Will Not Return”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our toilet wouldn't flush at 10:30 at night. When I called the front desk, the attendant asked me if I wanted to come get a plunger. After I said no, he wasn't able to come up until 11 after someone relieved him from his shift. There was no maintenance on the night shift and the hotel was completely booked, so we couldn't switch rooms. The only thing the attendant was able to do was to fill a soda bottle and stick it in the tank. Although, he was very nice and tried to help, we should not have had to remove a water bottle and replace it every time we needed to use our toilet. He told me to speak with the manager in the morning and she would probably give us a 10% discount on our bill. When I spoke to her in the morning she said she couldn't give us a discount because we had used Cheaptickets to book the room. Not sure why that should matter, but I didn't feel like arguing. The room also smelled musty because the air conditioner was leaking. Instead of fixing it they put a bucket underneath it. Location is very noisy. Parking lot is very small, we almost didn't get a space one night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Middleton, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed here. It was centrally located to everything we planned on seeing in San Diego. It's close proximity to Highway 805 was very handy. We would recommend this hotel for the price and easy access to everything.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Glendale, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

It was one of the worst experiences We've had. The bed was very uncomfortable, mattress was very old which we both got back aches. there were only 3 small tables at the breakfast area with 4 chairs each for everyone to use from 7:30-9:30 and the place was packed because the room was very small. The information that was printed, the directions were not correct and accurate. not enough staff at night time to help with house keeping and delivery of towels. we had to go and get them ourselves.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Bakersfield, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Breakfast room is too small. Food was below average. Room was clean. Staff was friendly except at check out. Bathroom is very small. Will not stay here again. Location is very noisy. The remainder of this review is simply to add characters to make the 200 character minimum. A stupid requirement.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWGoldenTriangleInn, General Manager at Pleasant Inn, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you for choosing our property for your travel stay needs.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

We will be undergoing renovations after summer which will include upgraded rooms and a new, larger breakfast area, both with enhanced amenities to help serve our guests better.

GENERAL MANAGER
BEST WESTERN Golden Triangle Inn
Waxahachie, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2013

1) Desks Staff was indifferent. I was waiting at the desk to ask a question and I had to wait for her to finish her text before she acknowledged me. 2) Breakfast was late everyday but one, Monday which was a different women. The breakfast start time is late any way for a professional tradesmen at 0630 but when you arrive at 0630 the waffle iron is still warming up, no milk, no waffle batter, no eggs, etc. Nothing but coffee is ready. This girl is still setting up breakfast at 0645 – everyday – FIRE HER! 3) Breakfast in minimal at best. Should have biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, at these prices. Toaster was broken. Hard boiled eggs were terrible - everyday - try to peel the eggs and all you end up with ia a yoke ball. Terrible breakfast. 4) Internet slowly - signal poor/fair all the time. 5) No newspaper - how cheap can you get. 6) Bad access to hotel. You have to drive a half and make a u-turn from any direction to get to the hotel driveway. 7) Worst Best Western and Best Western experience I have every had to suffer through and I have stayed at a lot of Best Westerns and for some reason I was not allowed to change hotels in the middle of my stay to the Miramar hotel or I would be charged for the full week at this hotel any way.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

GENERAL MANAGER
BEST WESTERN Golden Triangle Inn
seattle, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The price was very good for this hotel but the amenities were poor. Could not get the A/C temperature right, way too noisy of A/C, always off and on all night. Shower was good, lighting was awful and room almost stark it was so empty of decor. Toilet ran all the time, had to close the door. Not the best area of town. Good location if going between La Jolla and San Diego. Staff was indifferent, not very friendly. Breakfast was better than I had anticipated.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The hotel room was decorated all right, but the hotel is a cement block with no view, dark, no outdoor area except some really uncomfortable iron chairs by the main road in the parking lot. They had no newspapers. I did like the waffle maker in the breakfast room. Some were nice, others chewed gum and lacked any kind of professional attitude. I am grateful to the afternoon manager letting me leave and not charge me. The morning person did not want to refund me, even when I told her I felt unsafe. SOme dicey drunks banged up, walking around and in the elevator.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family