“Run”

Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites
Ranked #174 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Run”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This inn motel is located off I very one way busy street. I took it because it was close to where I needed to be. What a mistake. Upon Arriving, an unapologetic reception saying that they were fully booked! They have found me a room at the Marina Inn & suites. A place I had just drove by and thought, what a dump. No explanations, No "I apologize, sir" nothing. really felt like I was not welcome. great way to feel after a 4 hour drive. No more questions could be asked, move alone sir...

I arrived at the Marina and the reception was cold. I asked why, what - Where.... the receptions reply was simple, you dont want to stay here you can go somewhere else. Carlos picks up phone to tell the his counterpart that I am not staying. I did not say anything till, he looked at me and I said "when did I say that I did not want to stay?" - Good sales technic Carlos I use it myself.

I got the room 104 way in the back next to the Maids laundry room and storage, (can we say early wake up!) My view was that of the crawl space of the building next to me, and the bath room smelled of a shower curtain made of urine. disgusting.

fortunately I only had to stay one day, but Never never again at either place, I am sure they are owned by same person.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Apple Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Like stepping back in time. Very nostalgic. The room (especially the bathroom) was clean. Linens fresh, air conditioner worked well, T,V, was older but clear and had several choses. As quite as can be expected for location (which is walkable to everything). It even has a nice clean (small) pool. Slept like a baby! What more can you ask for? How about FREE parking. Very rare in downtown San Diego. If your looking for fancy, this isn't it. If your looking for a clean, comfortable inexpensive place to stay, this is it. Thank you to the friendly staff. Would love to come back.

P.S. 24 hour Jack In The Box right next door if you get the midnight munches!

Room Tip: Had the upstairs in the corner above the pool. Single Queen bed. Very short walk to Anthony's an...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kittie T
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Since we were only staying in SD for one night, we wanted to be close to our son and inexpensive. When looking at hotels, the pillow top sold me and I slept wonderfully.

The front desk was courteous and held our luggage (since we were early) while we visited the maritime museum and had a great lunch at Anthony's on the waterfront.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were very happy with our stay overall. The hotel has very basic motel rooms, in a fantastic location, with parking. We weren't spending alot of time in our room so we didn't need the most amazing decor or it to be extremely spacious. I would've liked it if we didn't have to ask for the stuff to make our bathroom coffee every morning or if there had been a full length mirror but those little inconveniences wouldn't stop us from staying there in the future. Next time, we would definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014
San Carlos, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

You can choose a comfortable temperature or a quiet room but not both. The only way not to sweat all night is to crank up the air conditioning unit to max which sounds like thunder. I chose this on Orbitz for having WiFi, breakfast, and a pool. The WiFi is so weak that I'm not using it to write this review and there is no breakfast. Ha ha they sure fooled me. Pool is tiny but ok. Now if I could just sleep....

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Pool water dirty. Blackout if you use all electric engines at same time (tv,microwave,refrigerator,light,etc). They didn't notified us about closing the water, when we want to take a shower. There is NO free breakfast, and NOT a speed wifi, it's poor and very slow. The room are OK, like every single room at a hotel/motel. Not a plasma TV, just a normal old tv NOT HD. The people on the front office NOT cool. If you not like the noise, please DON'T stay here, SD airport close(too much noise) plus railroad at the back of the hotel(more noise). Jack in the Box at the courner 24 hours.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a last minute at 8.15 at night. It was a bit expensive for motel style accommodation but it was convenient to just pull up to the door and unload our luggage. We could have booked a fancy hotel near by but would have had to pay for parking and then lug our luggage up a lift. This also enabled us to leave quickly in the morning. The room was a typical motel room being clean and suitable for a nights sleep. Not the the type for a romantic evening. Peter, who checked us in was very helpful and friendly. And we got the last room!

• Stayed August 2014