“OK airport hotel with slow shuttle service”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla
Ranked #45 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I arrived late at the airport and just missed a shuttle and found I had to wait almost 30 minutes and then since the shuttle is a shared service, it took another 20 minutes to get to the hotel. The hotel was an older Embassy Suites, with friendly people at the desk, but unable to accommodate me in the room I thought I had reserved - hard to tell since a travel agent made the reservation, so I ended up in a room that was less than my expectations, but clean and quiet if a bit outdated. The setting on the bay was very nice and if you wanted to use it for a longer stay it had great exercise capabilities for running / jogging next to the bay and seemed to have a good indoor pool. Breakfast was as expected at Embassy Suites. Bottom line - you get what you expect from this ES, but with some down sides.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
LaJolla-ES-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Paul H,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to understand some of the opportunities you experienced recently. Although San Diego is a very accessible airport there is rather limited options to get to and from the airport, the main shuttle service I understand typically require reservations and apologise they challenged your arrival, especially late.

I apologise for the room type error on our side and regardless if it was originally done by the travel agent or not, we must endeavour to deliver your needs.

Delighted to hear that you found the hotel and most importantly our team.

Cheers and hope to see you in the not too distant future.

Tim

Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The hotel in it self was great for the value. Complimentary breakfast was great and good selection. I missed the complimentary/welcome guest time. My room was clean. I had to call twice once no trash bags in my room 2nd the t.v. was giving me a no signal on the screen. I didn't agree with the $20.00 fee for parking. But all in all it was a pleasant stay. I also was able to check in early and get extra towels and blankets.

Room Tip: The room is spacious plus you have a separate seating area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear MARTHA M,

Terrific to see you over this past weekend and I think that you may of been here for the Chargers and the Cowboys, from what I hear a fabulous game. Delighted to hear that you all thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you found the team here brilliant.

Many more games to watch this season and hope that we will have the pleasure to see you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

it was a nice hotel for family vacation I brought two of my siter family to stay with us, got 3 rooms, the kids had fun the only thing the kids were not happy because we did not want to pay 12.00 for internet per room

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lequyen U,

Thank you for being our guest and delighted that you and your family had a brilliant stay, I do apologise for the inconvenience regarding the internet and upsetting your children. Please should you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back that I personally ensure that I cover the internet expense for your family.

Cheers and hoping to see you soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey good hotel, bit pricey

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
LaJolla-ES-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Tjay B,

Thank you for being our guest and delighted that you enjoyed your stay, with our complimentary cooked to order breakfast, evening reception, and spacious suites we do try to keep very competitive within this area as there are many options of course for our guest.

We certainly hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

The evening complementary session is highly worthwhile. The staff are efficient and freindly. If I had business in the area again I would checkin here. Otherwise the location of the hotel is distant from San Diego and the waterfront.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
LaJolla-ES-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Peter W,

Deligthed that you had a brilliant time here in La Jolla and that your experiences throughout the hotel, including the evening reception were excellent.

We are very much looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to San Diego/La Jolla.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

All in all, an excellent experience. Only complaint is the $20 parking fee per day and the $11.95 fee for daily Internet access. We chose not to use the Internet on the second day due to that fee. Complimentary Breakfast and Evening drinks were excellent, room was great and very quiet (12th floor).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Stephen S,

Thank you for being our guest and I very much appreciate you and letting us know of your experiences, our legendary evening reception and complimentary cooked to order breakfast are indeed fabulous as is the team delivering it.

We look forward to the oppportunity again to deliver excellence.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

The service is horrible for such a big hotel the slow elevators and the lack of a staircase made it impossible to leave at checkout. People were yelling it was a disaster. It could have been a major issue if we had a flight to make that day. We went down the emergency elevator after 30 minutes and wound up outside because they have no interior elevator. This was a horrible experience. The location is not near the beach and is barely in La Jolla very residential. Stay in the beach or in the gaslamp district. The rooms and hotel are nice and the breakfast is very good. I have stayed at multiple embassay suites and have never had this
problem before.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear 1TravelKing,

I am terribly sorry for the dreadful experience you had with the excessive time and inconveniences you had with getting to and from your suite. I had mentioned in some recent past responses that we had one (1) elevator down waiting correction, although this significantly challenged your experience we, as of Friday last week, have corrected this and now have four (4) fully operating elevators.

Thank you for being our guest and again my sincerest apologies for this terrible inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,