“Embassy Suites La Jolla, CAlifornia”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla
Ranked #50 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, United States
“Embassy Suites La Jolla, CAlifornia”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Polite staff. Professional services. Clean accomodations and complimentary breakfast. Popular venue for student athletic events so quite noisy at times. Highspeed wireless internet should be complimentary in 2014.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

LaJolla-ES-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Sherin K,

Thank you so very much for being our guest recently and delighted that you met our team who delivered clean and in a polite manner.

We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Tim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Fountain Valley, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Very nice accomidations and enjoyed the free breakfast. The room was spacious and the dinner resataurant\bar was nice. And everyone was pleasant and understanding whan I accidentally dropped my bottled water while checking in.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

LaJolla-ES-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Ruben L,

Thank you for being our guest and delighted that your experience was pleasant, from the spacious suites and the complimentary services to our fabulous team.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheers and again thank you.

El Sobrante, CA
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We recently enjoyed a delightful stay at the Embassy Suites La Jolla. The amenities and th percs, such as free brekfastand complimentary cocktail hour, enhanced our stay. Special shout out to their concierge, Lou Anne Marion, who went out of her way to omake our stay enjoyable. Thanks to all!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SheilaY
Dear Sheila Y,

Delighted and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to congratulate Lou Anne once again, she is as you mentioned quite remarkable and certainly an ambassador to guest service.

We appreciate your time and do look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I just stayed here with my family over 3 nights in February and the hotel was great. I live in Las Vegas and have stayed at some of the largest hotels in Vegas including the Aria, MGM Grand, Palazzo, and several others and this hotel has everything that is needed for a perfect family vacation. The rooms at Embassy Suites were great for a family since they have a separate living room and bedroom, including a small kitchenette. The hotel had great amenities including an indoor pool, nice restaurant and a koi pond in the lobby with a waterfall which creates a great soothing environment. The complimentary breakfast including freshly made omelets and all the trimmings was perfect, which also included free juices, coffee, milk, hot chocolate and much more. The evening reception with unlimited FREE beer, wine, cocktails and snacks was shocking. I have never seen this anywhere including Vegas and was amazed and enjoyed every minute of it, especially after a long day sightseeing with the kids. The reception also had milk, juice and soft drinks, so the kids can be there as well and relax too. There was so much to this hotel, but it is presented seamlessly and is just the way they operate everyday. I highly recommend this hotel to families checking out the San Diego area. The hotel was right near 2 highways, and was a quick 10 - 15 minute drive to the beach, Sea World and the Zoo. Everything about our stay was flawless...even when our requests were a bit much. The staff always accommodated us and provided everything we needed to make it a great experience. I can't say enough great things about this hotel and will definitely be staying here every twice I stay in the San Diego area. Great job to the staff and management at the Embassy Suites.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ryan G
Dear Ryan G,

Thank you for the incredibly complete commentary to all the services and the experience you and your family had here while visiting San Diego-La Jolla, I could not have said it any better and I do appreciate your congratulatory mention to the team here.

Cheers and we all look forward to the next opportunity to deliver excellence.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at Embassy Suites in La Jolla Ca. I was promptly greeted by a lady at the Guest Services desk across from check in. She was very friendly and said if I needed any help with planning a day out let her know. I came down next day and she planned a wonderful Trolley ride and then booked us dinner and sold us tickets to the Midway as well.What a asset to the Hotel. I would come back and stay because of the Customer Service and friendly smile. She is a keeper

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rose C
Dear Rose C,

Thank you and delighted that your experience was fantastic and this was due to Lou Anne, I agree she is delightful and incredibly accommodating.

We look forward to your next trip to San Diego-La Jolla.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I thought the hotel was clean, well staffed with friendly and helpful people. My daughter LOVED the fish in the lobby and was just excited beyond words that all she had to do was ask at the front desk for food and she could feed them. (She is 4-I asked when they would be fed so she could watch and we discovered she could do it..after that she went to the desk on her own "can I feed the fish? And they gave her a cup with some fish food.

The indoor pool was great. I am a wimp if the water is too cold. It was warm enough I could get in and play with my daughter. But I did have to watch her and take her out when she got cold.

We were there for a week and the weekend was definitely busy. Lots more people and noise but I couldn't hear it in the bedroom area.

Hot breakfast was great.

My only "complaint"...Having to pay extra for the parking garage and Wifi...Honestly bury it in the room cost...if you must. When your paying that much you don't want to feel like your being "nickeled and dimmed"

Not really a complaint but would be nice...When traveling with a family, for a week, 3 drawers in the bedroom area is not enough. Also, would also like to see more hooks in the bathroom. We tried to save towels for more than one day but kept confusing whose was whose. With more hooks (for example put two on the door and two on the wall where there was only one). Would have helped a lot.

I would go back to this hotel again next time we are in CA.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Charlenevn,

Thank you so much for extending such gracious and congratulatory words regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that your daughter had the opportunity and excitement to feed our beautiful Koi as our guest services team thoroughly enjoy giving our younger guests food.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated and we are chatting to the engineering department regarding the additional places to hand your towel in the bathroom.

Hoping very much to see you in the future and thank you and your family for being our guests.

Scottsdale, United States
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Room was large, clean, and very quiet. Location was great for my business purposes. Liked the fact that several good restaurants (PF Changs and Seasons 52) were walking distance. There was an awesome breakfast bakery across the street located at shopping center.

1 Thank Judith J
LaJolla-ES-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Judith J,

Business or pleasure our location, as you mentioned, is quite perfect whether you are shopping, going to the beach, or many San Diego attractions, or just off to work. I am delighted that your spacious suite was clean and ready for your relaxing evening.

We are looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.