“Would stay again”

Ranked #33 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Rochester, New Hampshire
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for about 5 days with our two children. The room was clean and a decent size. Beds were reasonably comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Your stay includes breakfast and there was a nice enough variety that we were still pleased by the end of our stay.

The one issue we did have was with housekeeping. Our youngest daughter got sick and committed on the floor. We cleaned it the best we could and called housekeeping to finish up. We left for the day and made sure to leave a generous tip for the extra cleaning. When we got home that night, the room still smelled and there was vomit on the carpet still. We called to the front desk and housekeeping came up with a can of spray Lysol. Not good enough! We insisted that they get the carpet cleaner, which they eventually did. While the room did eventually get cleaned to our standards, it made me wonder how they've handled cleaning in the past.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank AmyCoombs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
az
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

I liked this hotel and would stay here again.

I used to do a lot of travel for business and like staying at hotels that are catered for the business traveler. I saw only two other families with kids, most other guests {I saw during breakfast} looked like business travelers.

About 20 minutes from Seaworld.

Newer and updated, comfy beds and pillows, free hot breakfast, free internet on the computers in the lobby, fitness center, friendly service, hotel room bathroom was updated and a decent size with counter space, newer flat-screen TV, freeway access, good size room, FREE parking...

Clean room, not run down or dingy. Roomy enough for three people.

The breakfast {mysteriously prepped in the small closet next to the buffet} included some carb stuff like bagels, danishes, donuts, etc...plus, small boxes of cereal, make your own waffle, and steam trays with eggs in one and meat in the other. I LIKED it!

OMG!!! Some of the BEST coffee I have ever had! They kept it full during peak breakfast times.

The parking on the freeway side of the hotel is very tight when backing out, I would recommend parking in the back or in the front, depending where your room is located.

The ONLY thing that was annoying was that our keys would stop working and we had to keep going to the front desk to have them reset...um, like 4 times!!! Even with that key drama, I still liked this place enough to come back when I visit San Diego again.

Room Tip: Request a lower level room - two slow elevators...not sure where the stairs were located.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed one night at Hampton Inn Kearny Mesa - Clean rooms, comfy beds. Staff was super nice and helpful. Good location to Mission Valley area and a quick hop on the freeway to downtown. Neighborhood is a little run down, but we felt safe. Breakfast was good. Would stay again.

1 Thank milonrita
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. Upon arrival I was greeted by a very friendly staff who had my room awaiting me. After a quick check in I was off to my room where I was greeted by a clean, comfortable and well lit king size room with sofabed and open workspace. The room had a large flat screen television and a large desk with a USB charger.

The bathroom was very inviting with nice lighting, roomy tub & shower combination. The vanity had plenty of room to disperse my shaving kit.

The workout room was very nice and plenty of top notch equipment including treadmills. The heated pool was a nice touch and even with the hotel being sold out the pool was not overly crowded.

There are plenty of nice restuarants close by as well. As someone who travels weekly I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Like I said, I could have easily given this hotel a 4 star review, but I think they have a major housekeeping problem. When we first entered our room, I checked out the bathroom (like always) and found pubic hairs around the toilet bowl! YUK! A few minutes later, hair was also found on the pillows. DOUBLE YUK! I went down to the lobby and the front desk person was very apologetic. Moved us to another room very quickly and called housekeeping to address the problems. Had it not been for this incident, it would have been a nearly perfect stay.

Now onto the good. Check in was really quick and smooth. The hotel itself looks newly renovated. The bathroom was large and modern. Parking was free which was a huge bonus. Their complimentary breakfast was good as well. A few hot items as well as a make your own waffle station. It wasn't grand, but it was a good spread compared to other hotels out there.

This hotel was in a good location and I wouldn't hesitate to refer it to friends. Its only a 10-15 minute drive to downtown, the zoo and Coronado Island. Hopefully they get their housekeeping issues ironed out.

2 Thank QBee10
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

It is hard to find a hotel in the San Diego area that rivals the clean and comfortable "feel" of this establishment. It has a mix of families and business travelers. The hotel is in a quiet and safe area of town. A few minutes to downtown, Balboa Park (zoo & museums), beaches, shopping... the location has it all. The hotel staff and management are "top notch." We stayed for 4 nights and were treated like family. I almost hesitate to give a glowing review (as I would like to keep this "gem" a secret).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ReverendDrLuv
Mexicali, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

My family and I have stayed at this hotel many times, and every time we have left happy and well rested. the hotel is located near a freeway entrance, and not far from San Diego's main attractions. Rooms are good size and clean. Beds are comfortable. Bathroom is nice size. Gym is well equipped, pool is nice also. Free breakfast is always a plus when you travel with family, fresh fruit (not canned), cooked oatmeal, you can make your own waffles, cereals, egg, bacon, muffins, bread... mmmm! Very good service at front desk and also from the breakfast crew. There are 2 complimentary PC's and Wi-Fi. Being reasonably priced, so, what else can you ask for?