All reviewsthe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfast iswaffle makerclean hotelfitness centerexercise roomhotel circleoutdoor poolgreat place to staybusiness traveleryogurtminute drivebed was very comfortablebusiness tripconvenient locationeasy accessnice stay
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked this hotel after having left our SD downtown hotel location due to the train noise. Very happy with how quiet this hotel was in comparison. I will say that some of the hallway and room finishes are starting to look a bit "long in the tooth" but the place seemed clean and reasonably well maintained.

The location was generally good for reaching some of the key sites in the general area (Balboa Park, SeaWorld, etc.) but don't expect to find a lot in the immediate area that you can walk to. This is definitely a car-based location. There is a Denny's not too far away but this property isn't located in the middle of "restaurant row" or near a big shopping area - it is just a place to sleep.

The "free Hampton breakfast" was pretty standard for this chain... but the seating was very tight. More chairs than tables so expect to balance your plate on your lap unless you get there early. We actually decided that we were tired of the "standard fare" and went to Denny's for the several days that we were there - where we could at least get a little variety.

Room Tip: Room 337 was on the top floor near the back of the property - close to the elevators without being too close. We had two busses full of high school kids staying at the same time yet never noticed any particular noise - the hallways and rooms being very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very nice hotel at a great price. We were able to walk to the comedy club so that we could drink and party without worrying about driving. The room was clean and the breakfast was good. I highly recommend this hotel. It seems new and has a great workout room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hotel is older. Staff is extremely pleasant, 10+. Centrally located to many San Diego attractions. Morning breakfast can be VERY crowded. Located in Asian area with Ranch 99 and Asian restaurants nearby if you prefer this food as we do.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Very good Hampton Inn. Hotel is in an excellent central location for all the attractions in San Diego. Hotel has a home like friendly feel. All services are of a high quality. Have stayed here 3 times in 3 years and quality is consistently high. The facility isn't showing much age.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

A fantastic hotel!! The staff, everyone there is so attentive to my needs and the breakfast cant be beat. I enjoy this hotel so much when I stay that I wish whenever I traveled it was there in that city with the same people! They have everything waiting for me when I arrive and know just exactly what my favorites are for breakfast! In addition they try and succeed every time in getting me my favorite room for my stay! TOP NOTCH!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family