“Fabulous stay”

Ranked #33 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Nipomo, California
“Fabulous stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We stayed for four nights and enjoyed the location, the breakfast, the pool, and the comfortable rooms. We would stay here again. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and appropriately furnished.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Newton, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The hotel is very clean. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfast was more than adequate, and there was daily variety. The front desk staff was always welcoming, helpful, polite, and ready to serve. We would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Just returned from this hotel for family visit. Very good rate for San Diego, not too far from attractions, My only complaint is there are no blackout drapes on the window. The parking lot lights kept the room too light at night Bed very comfy nice flat screen TV. Had breakfast at Original Pancake House excellent is a few miles from hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank denacat5
hamptonsdkmgm, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego - Kearny Mesa, responded to this review, 30 August 2010
Thank you for your feedback on our property. I am sorry that you were disturbed by the lights in the parking lot and were unable to find the blackout curtains. I wanted to take a moment to clear up any confusion regarding them. They are available in each room, and are the third layer of window covering right after the sheers, they sometimes get tucked pretty close to the wall and are not very obvious. If you have any questions regarding them while you are a guest here, there is someone always available at the front desk to assist. Once again thank you for taking the time to review us.
Arizona
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I came to San Diego to bring my boyfriend to the Zoo - we go to the zoos around us all the time and I decided this would be a nice treat. The front desk man was very nice and efficient, and gave me my keys and told me where my room was located.

The room was much more than I expected it to be. Comfortable and HUGE bed, clean sheets, a sofa, a huge TV, and a giant bathroom were waiting in my room. There were plenty of towels, a bit of a small closet, but overall a great, spacious, clean room. No funky smells or anything of that sort, and no sounds from any rooms around us (which I know were occupied).

In the morning there was a breakfast buffet, which wasn't really impressive, but it was a "free" breakfast and it was all you can eat. Check out was easy and convenient. Overall, no one poked and prodded me too much, they weren't overwhelming and they accommodated me as I needed. I definitely like this hotel because of the location, the rooms, and because everything went very smoothly.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melisandre04
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 May 2010

We stayed here from 5/4-5/6. This was wonderful place to stay. I have never stayed at a Hampton Inn before and never intended on staying at one. After reading the reviews I figured I would give it a try. I was glad I did. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly at check-in. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. It had a big flat screen television. I was impressed with the free morning breakfast that was served each day. It included cereals, pastries, fruit, juices and there was also egg and sausage. This hotel is not close to any major attractions but is close to the freeway. I usually stay at Courtyards so this was a pleasant surprise. I will be staying again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank talimoth
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 21 March 2010

My husband, five year old, and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights based on the positive reviews. We were not at all disappointed. My kid didn't even want to leave. He loved the hotel and wanted to stay in our room most of the time. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud, the room furniture was modern and clean, and the decor was very tasteful. And I must emphasize, EVERYTHING including the bathroom, was immaculate. I am very picky when it comes to hotel cleanliness and this place was spotless, from the lobby to the hallways to the room itself. The breakfast was tasty, with a nice selection of items to choose from (hot and cold) and there was fresh coffee available all day. We plan to go back to San Diego (we live in LA) just so we can stay at this hotel again :)

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank 123puff
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 February 2010

Fantastic hotel for business travellers. Love the free wireless and breakfast. Gym area is sleek and well-located.
Beware, if you're in rooms 108 or 208, you're windows face the pool so that could get noisy during busy summer months.

Stayed February 2010, travelled on business