Handlery Hotel San Diego
US$213
  • Breakfast included
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$188
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$213
Hotels.com
US$676
US$641
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$194
  • Restaurant
Humphreys Half Moon Inn(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$179
  • Pool
Kimpton Solamar Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$216
Travelocity
US$345
US$308
  • Room Service
Ocean Park Inn(San Diego)
US$235
US$228
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$326
TripAdvisor
1,292 results
All reviewsold townthe shuttle driverfashion valley mallfree shuttlepool areasea worldlocal attractionsmission valleyan older hotelgreat poolpool and hot tubbalboa parkyogurtzooseaworldtrolleydowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Staff was very helpful,and friendly. Jeff the shuttle driver was very too. Shuttle runs 9-5pm.
Room was cozy. Bed was very comfortable. Postcards was a pretty good place to eat dinner.
Walking distance from Fashion Valley Mall. Be prepared to have $300 held on your credit or debit card. If you dont rent a car $18 oneway will get you into the Gaslamp, $10 oneway gets you into Old Town if you dont take the shuttle. $25 oneway from airport. Enjoyed stay!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SweetMcLaughlin
GenMgrSanDiego_CA, General Manager at Handlery Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review. The staff and I are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the restaurant. I'll be sure to show Jeff your review as well as he is a great asset to the hotel. If there is anything we can do for you during your next trip to San Diego please do not hesitate to call us. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

We are happy to stay here because it is a union hotel that gives excellent service. It is central to many San Diego attractions and the shuttle takes you to the zoo, Balboa Park, Old Town and Sea World, plus they will drop you anywhere along the way.

Jose and Stephanie at the front desk are incredible help; attentive and knowledgable! There is not a better bartender on the planet than Lupe and Rich is the best driver around. There is a concierge named JIm who works his butt off to accomodate all requests

The rooms are clean and functional. My maid, Martha, was sweet and got me anything I asked for. There was a fridge in my room which helped for leftovers. We never even left for dinner since Erika and Laura are so good in the dining room.

I love it that they keep the pool heated and I swam in it for three hours on a 65 degree day since the water was 82 degrees. The spa was hot and well-kept, also.

I can't say enough good about our stay here. We were here for five days for my husband's work and the staff took care of anything I asked while I was there. The rooms were comfortable, the shuttle was great, the food was terrific, and the service was superb. (An extra thanks to Jose.)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Jose, Steph, Martha, Erica and Laura, I agree that they are great as well. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and got to see what the hotel has to offer. The pool is one of our best amenities and the culinary staff does a great job with Postcards. we all look forward to having you return and stay with us again, if there is anything I can do for you on your next trip please do not hesitate to call me directly. Thank you again!

Reviewed 17 November 2011

The staff here is very wonderful.Very friendly and so very helpful. Rich is excellent shuttle driver. Gives great tips. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for taking the time write a review and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Rich, he's always likes to see the comments on his service. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

My daughter & I stayed here October 2011. The room was excellent and the restaurant food and staff were amazing. The cooked breakfast was great. Jeff the shuttle driver went out of his way to be helpful which we very much appreciated. Close proximity to Fashion Valley was a plus. We were lucky, we had a local friend drive us around. I found San Diego to be very much a drivers city but loved it & I will be back!

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for a Point Loma room
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank boydmi
GenMgrSanDiego_CA, General Manager at Handlery Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

We're so glad you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. I agree I think our rooms are very relaxing and very comfortable. I'll pass on your comments to the kitchen staff as they will be pleased regarding the comments about the food and service you had while you stayed with us. Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you and your daughter back with us soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2011

The shuttle bus drivers are VERY GOOD, lovely infact. both Rich and (i cant remember the other ones name small gentleman.very helpful. a big thumbs up to them. )
The reception staff were ok, and restraunt too, and the food is REALLY GOOD.
However my fault with the hotel is, that nowhere on any site does it state how far out the hotel is, (having to pay 20dollers a taxi for nearly every ride out.)
Also it should state more on sites about the 100dollers the hotel hold a day!!! incase of damages! i wouldnt of booked this hotel if ide known that. which is ridiculous, especially when on own as i was left with no money to get anywhere. the reception did let me use the phone at the desk to try contact my travel company and ask the hotel to release some of the money but they said it would take 2days so this was no help. I wouldnt stay again because of the location and the hold on the amount of money per night.
food and staff nice though and rooms ok too.

tasha

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank natasha h

Thank you for the review, I'm glad that you found the staff accomodating and that the food was good. I am sorry that you did not think our location was centrally located to downtown, we feel that due to our location you can get anywhere in the city within 10 minutes, seaworld, zoo, beaches, balboa park etc. we will look at our material to insure that future guests are aware of our proximity to downtown. In regards to the $100.00, it's not a hold for damages to the room, it is to cover any incedental charges that you may incure during your stay, food, beverge etc. if the funds are not used they are released back to you at the time of checkout. Thank you again for staying with us, if there is anything I can do for you the next time your travels bring you to San Diego please do not hesitate to contact me directly.