Handlery Hotel San Diego
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$413
US$652
HardRockSD.com
  • Restaurant
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$224
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$190
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$242
US$203
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$256
US$224
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$378
US$359
  • Beachfront
1,306 results
All reviewsold townthe shuttle driverfashion valley mallfree shuttlepool areasea worldlocal attractionsmission valleyan older hotelgreat poolpool and hot tubbalboa parkyogurtzooseaworldtrolleydowntown
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We had an hour to check in and get ready for a wedding thanks to traffic, but it's doable!

When we first checked in, we found that we had been given a room that was already taken. Either they gave our room away, or someone stole our room. 30 mins later, they upgraded us to a king for our troubles, which was a nice gesture, but they put us in the farthest building and by the time we got there I had 15 mins left to get ready.

AND...the room we got was really dirty!!! Boot prints in our shower, when I moved the lamp to plug in my phone, there was a large sticky stain. The bed sheets had black spots on them. GROSS! I didn't have time to ask for a different room as we were already running late.

Honestly this place is more of a motel than a hotel.

When i got back at night, i could not make myself comfortable. I didn't want to touch anything. I got up extra early the next day and checked out as soon as we could. I'm by no means a clean/neat freak. I've been to motels and inns and they've been fine.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RC713
GenMgrSanDiego_CA, General Manager at Handlery Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations and we will do our best to improve. I'll follow up witht hte staff and share your review with them so we can improve. I wish you safe travels in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed here for one night before running the San Diego half marathon. The location was good for that since the hotel was approximately 5 miles from Sea World where the race parking was located. The hotel was clean but not remarkable. It is located right off the highway, but is very quiet. The hotel staff was very helpful in giving us a great recommendation for Mexican food in Old Town- Cafe Coyote. There is a $12 a night charge for parking per car. This was a fine place to sleep, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here.

Room Tip: I was in the La Jolla building which is that farthest from the main building. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Obviously we can always do better so i will pass on your comments to the staff. If your travels find you in San Diego again, please do not hesitate to call me directly to set up your reservation.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Just recently stayed in the Del Mar building. Standard double room. The room was very small, but clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small and basically looked clean. Except there was something pretty gross on the shower curtain. The staff automatically brought us extra pillows and blankets, but we didnt use them the bed already had plenty of pillows. What was very bothersome was the incredibly thin walls. We heard people all night walking in the hallways, the people in the rooms next to ours. We could hear the cars arriving in the parking lot. Pretty much even the toilet flushing next door. Honestly I think it's a little overpriced, and I would not return. I'd pay a little extra to stay at a nicer place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but do apologize for the noise. I'll be sure to pass on your comments and try to find a solution to keep help. I am glad that the staff was responsive and helped you out in a timely and friendly manner. if your travels find you back in San DIego please contact me directly.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Just want to say a huge thankyou to staff Amanda and Jeff who are great assets to the Handlery Hotel. Our stay was cut short but we could not speak highly enough of Amanda's professionalism and kindness.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the nice review and I'm so glad Amanda and Jeff were able to help. We look forward to having you back the next time you find yourself in San Diego.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

We stayed at the Handlery to attend a Navy Reunion and added extra time to enjoy San Diego. We were very pleased with our room, not huge but very sufficient and clean. We ate breakfast and dinner almost every day in the hotel restaurant and were more than pleased. The menu was varied and the food was very good. We used the hotel shuttle nearly every day and couldn't have been more pleased with the two gentlemen who drove the shuttle. They not only took us where we wanted to go, but also advised us on some great local attractions. We had a room with a patio that overlooked the pool. If the pool was busy or noisy, we only had to shut the sliding glass doors and it was very quiet. We did enjoy the pool and hot tub. The maintenance staff started early in the morning cleaning the pool and checked and tested the water throughout the day. Our trip was certainly made more enjoyable by all the very capable and friendly staff. From the time I booked our room, till the day we left, everyone was very kind and efficient. We would definitely stay at the Handlery again if we're fortunate enough to return to San Diego.

Room Tip: Rooms with patio overlooking the pool are away from road noise and are close to the restaurants and pool area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing such a great review and We're glad your Navy Reunion went well and you were able to enjoy what the hotel has to offer. We do so many Military reunions and I'm glad yours was a success. Please come visit us soon!