“Good location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Handlery Hotel San Diego

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Handlery Hotel San Diego
Ranked #99 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Sherman oaks
“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at this hotel and I really like it. The pool is great and clean the room is also very clean and the beds are so
comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I also love how the old town trolley tour picks right up from the front of the hotel. The price was so reasonable and the location can't be best you are literally so close to great restaurants the mission valley mall and of course my fav old town.
Check out this hotel it's Awsome.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We were put in this hotel for the last two days of our honeymoon.on arriving my first complaint was the hotel reception smelt of stagnant water and mould.on checking in we went to find our room which was situated away from main hotel in separate building.the view from the window was of the car park not particularly romantic.we rang reception and explained we were promised a balcony over looking the pool.quickly the manager arrived with a new set of keys to a room we originally requested. Settling down to sleep we had to call reception as the air con was not working and again quickly a new set of keys was provided for a new room.slept well that night but that was my last night of sleep at this hotel. The pool showed a film on a projector every night which played loudly so we were unable to enjoy the balcony and the romantic mood of our honeymoon was killed a little. I would recommend the hotel for families with kids if they want to get involved with the entertainment it's unfortunate that we were booked into this hotel for the end of our honeymoon.Plus sides the rooms are clean and the management are helpful.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Welshx
Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

The room we stayed in was clean and spacious, we weren't there most of the day, the food at the restaurant was great and cheap, the bar was handy too after a day out site seeing. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, the internet connection was ok a little slow, but bearable. Thanks made the start of our trip a good one.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jodie H
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

The room was clean, but I spent very little time in the room because I was in meetings all day and most of the evening. When I checked out, I left a min-tablet in the room and contacted the hotel that same evening. Of course the tablet was not found and I had to keep calling and checking. They only committed to call if it was turned in and offered no information that they had asked the staff about finding the tablet. However I had an app locator on my tablet and it came up at a location 15 minutes from the hotel. When I contacted security, they had no record of my complaint, nor was there any indication that I had even called.

I get the sense that if you leave it you lose it.

Room Tip: get a corner room if you can
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

In town for a business conference. The conference hotel was booked. I was disappointed I wouldn't be able to stay at the conference hotel. But was very pleasantly surprised by the overflow choice - the Handlery! Staff very professional, accommodating and friendly. No elevator but staff will take luggage up for you. I had superior room with balcony. Vaulted ceilings make it look bigger than average. Nice pool area. Relaxing atmosphere. Shuttle service to local malls & downtown. BTW - conference hotel lots of complaints. Glad I got the overflow choice!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Estela D, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Handlery Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Theresa R,

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear that you had such a great stay with us during your business conference. We would like to have you back as our guest soon (this time hopefully on vacation).

Best regards,
Estela D.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had a great experience at the Handlery Hotel, so that is not my issue, the staff were lovely and we enjoyed our stay at the hotel, the room was clean, the only issue I had was that it stunk like smoke and it was a non smoking room. I loved the facilities especially the laundry!!! and the restaurant had great meals. The biggest issue I have with this hotel is that I stayed there in May and still waiting for my deposit back. I was told it would go back into my account five days after checkout and I have contacted the hotel with no response so feel really disappointed and ripped off and for that reason would never stay at the Handlery Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends