“No, just no...” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas City, Kansas
“No, just no...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a two week business trip (my trip was actually 3 weeks but I asked my company to find a different hotel for me to stay). Week one was okay, there was a fridge and microwave in the room as requested, the room was clean enough. The next week I got a different room, there was a fridge but no microwave. I asked the front desk about a microwave and they stated that all microwaves were in use (even the kitchen microwave) but they should be able to get me one the following day...I never got a microwave. The fridge froze all my veggies. I couldn't find a way to adjust the temperature so I called to ask the front desk and got a "you can't"...well that's a lot of money I just wasted trying to have food for the week and it was no good after being frozen. The towels are very dingy and the cleaning staff was sometime still cleaning when I returned at 4 or 5pm - I wasn't here for a vacation, when I returned to my room, I wanted to rest.

As I said, the trip was 3 weeks but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego N - Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear N_THE_AIR,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel has great amenities in the room. There is a microwave, refrigerator and a sleeper sofa. The pillows and blankets were soft and smelled fresh. You are able to turn the air down super low so the room stayed cool. We had a late night check in and the staff was friendly and answered any questions. We even requested a ground floor room because we were traveling with small children and plenty of luggage. I noticed a security guard walking through the parking area which made me feel better about leaving my car. The grounds were well maintained and there was a small gated garden area that we used in the morning while eating breakfast and enjoying the nice weather. The hotel was very close to gas stations and the freeway. It was a short drive to Torrey pines beach and Sea World. Breakfast was great with plenty of options that changed daily. The pancake machine was awesome! There was plenty of seating room for all guest. The breakfast is served from 7am - 10am.

Room Tip: Simply ask for what you want, the staff is very accommodating.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robin O, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego N - Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, 11 July 2015
Dear Erin V,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad you liked our amenities and thought our pillows and blankets are soft. We try to best accommodate in any way we can. We hope to see you again!

Robin
Guest Experience Champion
Eagle, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Having stayed in North San Diego many times this is a good place, but not great. The rooms are a little worn. It is noisy on the first floor even where I stayed almost at the end on the hotel. Breakfast as always at the Holiday is one of the best. Staff was great! Wifi was slow.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting my daughter in Rancho Bernardo. The staff was most helpful and attentive. During our stay, the hotel was FULL of soccer kids due to a local tournament. This was handled well by the staff, especially the wonderful breakfast attendant. Even after the morning invasion by the soccer families, the breakfast area was always well-stocked, clean, and attended. The breakfast offerings consisted of pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bagels and sliced breads (a gluten free choice), yogurts, boiled eggs, cereals, oranges, bananas and delicious cinnamon rolls, juices and milk. (I'm sure I have forgotten something.) There were take-out boxes to make transporting food to the room easier. Coffee was available all day along and citrus water. This hotel has two buildings and we were in the one not attached to the lobby. Our room was clean and attractive with a balcony and refrigerator/microwave. The free WiFi worked well. Parking got a bit crowded due to all the families there but we discovered that there was a parking area under our building which was never full and had easy access to the elevator. We used the laundry facilities in our building, as well. There are two washers and two dryers. The front desk supplied detergent. The washers and dryers were $1 per wash/dry-you need quarters. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nanohoe
Dear Nanohoe,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us the feedback from your stay. We are happy to hear that we could accommodate you during a time with multiple soccer teams here and kept the breakfast well stocked for you. We hope you come back soon!

Robin
Guest Experience Champion
Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here 2 nights recently on a business trip to the area. It was a perfectly fine place for the price, nothing great but I wasn't expecting the moon either. The staff was attentive and helpful for me. The room was clean and a bit old but I would say it fit the price range that I paid. The breakfast was a typical hotel buffet, but everything was clean and well presented. There are more expensive and newer places in this area but if you are just there for 1 or 2 nights and need a reasonable price I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego N - Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear KristinMiles,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Ben J
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have had some hit or miss experiences with the Holiday Inn brand, so of course when I booked this one, I prayed I didn't make a mistake. Was in town for the jazz festival and most of the hotels were seriously overpriced and overbooked. So this one came up last minute at a decent price (compared to others in it's ranking) and I gave it a try. The room was comfy for the most part, aside from that stale hotel smell that usually comes with "motel" rooms. The bed was clean and nice and so was the bathroom. I was on the first floor across from the pool, so sleeping in during the morning hours was not an option. Luckily only stayed for 2 days and was gone most of the day. It served it's purpose for the weekend. The venue was about 20 minutes away but not a bad commute. Would probably book differently next time, and most definitely far more in advance.

Room Tip: Try not to stay on first floor if you are looking for peace and quiet. Also, the parking lot is very...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego N - Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear L G,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. We are glad that you found our location suitable for your travel needs and our rooms clean and comfortable. We look forward to your next visit when you can continue to enjoy all the amenities.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while on business in SAN, and was welcoming upgraded to a 2-bed spa suite - very spacious and lovely but quite dark interior. Staff very helpful and breakfast adequate but just ensure that the maid shuts your door after cleaning...

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego N - Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Emily P,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of the property. I am glad that you found our staff very helpful and the breakfast adequate.

However, I am sorry that the lighting condition in the room was a disappointment. We take all feedback seriously and your comments are helpful for us to consider for improvements needed.

Again, Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,