The room is small, beds are full sized not queen as stated on my reservation but it was clean. We were in tower 2, floor 14, city view. The view is very nice from the roomy balcony, however the railing on the balcony is very low! I don't know how this made "code" but seriously be careful and keep your kids off the balcony! You can watch the planes come in for landing, the trolley is below and you can hear it through the night although train horns don't bother me. As the lights come up in the city and the moon rises over the skyline it's very beautiful. I imagine the bay view is nice too however, it's not a particularly nice part of the bay. Back to the room... Beds were very comfortable albeit small, the linens really soft, the shower (no tub) was roomy, bathroom was clean, and the Bath and Body Works soaps/shampoo's etc. were lovely. No micro/fridge, which I find annoying. You can request one for an additional fee. An ice machine was available down the hall, with a beverage vending machine. The standard sized ice bucket didn't come with any liner bags so I felt the need to wash it first myself. A Small desk and chair, a dresser with a flat screen tv on top finished out the room. Closet is in the bathroom. The a/c rattles all night long, but it blows cold. I didn't use the pool or gym but I took a look and they were clean and adequate. Parking is $24/night. There are 7 spots for parking near the garage entrance that don't require meter payment from 6pm-8am. Otherwise, it's a $1.25 per hour in the meter. We had two vehicles so we paid to park one in the garage that we didn't move until we checked out and drove the other one around during the day and got lucky and snagged one of the free overnight spots. Ruths Chris is just next door, Anthony's across the street, The Star of India across the street and a short, easy walk to Seaside Village. Little Italy is a bit of a walk or an easy drive with great dining choices. Fireworks at the Midway visible from balcony. Overall, the Wyndham is in a great area with easy access to all. The service was fine. The room was fine. The price was a little high at $350 for 2 nights plus parking $48 but at the time of booking it was the best value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a premiere location close to the San Diego cruise ship terminal, Convention Center, and Gaslamp Quarter, the Wyndham San Diego Bayside is unsurpassed among downtown waterfront hotels. Leisure travelers will enjoy nearby attractions such as the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, Balboa Park, Harbor Tours, and Maritime Museums including the USS Midway and Star of India. A stay at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside immerses guests in a true full-service experience, and relaxing views of the San Diego harbor front or city center skyline. A free airport and area shuttle makes traveling to and from the hotel and nearby attractions easy, while free high speed internet makes business travel a pleasure. Fantastic features such as an outdoor heated pool and a poolside gym provide opportunities for recreation once guests return from a fun-filled day exploring the area. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are easy as well, with several exceptional on-site restaurants such as Elephant and Castle as well as Ruth Chris Steakhouse providing a wide variety of options for any taste. The 600 guest rooms and suites at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside provide a peaceful escape from the vibrant city buzz. Bright decor, comfortable beds, floor-to-ceiling windows and furnished balcony rooms help guests make the most of the stunning location. Suites located near the top of the 14-story tower of the hotel offer breathtaking views along with a private bedroom, living area, pull-out sofa and mini-refrigerator. All rooms include guest-preferred amenities such as free high speed internet access, a free morning newspaper, a coffee maker, hairdryer and a large work desk. With 24,000 square feet of meeting space and conference facilities the Wyndham San Diego Bayside is the ideal location for San Diego meetings and events. Full-service planning assistance and professional amenities along with and creative catering help create the perfect meeting on the bay. Grand galas or casual affairs are also a specialty for the professionals at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside, with 12 wedding reception halls and various wedding packages to choose from. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham San Diego Bayside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Diego - On The Bay Hotel San Diego
- Holiday Inn Bay San Diego
- San Diego Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn San Diego Bay