“Hella good”

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
Ranked #162 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This Hotel boasts one of the friendliest staff I have had the pleasure of encountering. The Hotel sits right on the Marina and is right off of Market St and 2 blocks from famed 5th ave GASLAMP district. If you stay in the club grand rooms, you get to visit the club grand floor located on the 33rd FLR (VIP/card acess) for breakfast, snacks during the day and also dessert in the evening.

WOULD DEF STAY HERE AGAIN!

Room Tip: Lobby is kind of loud all the time, but we were there during COMICCON, which we did not attend
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paresh G

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We spent 5 days at the Hyatt and would absolutely return. The best feature is that you are very close to SeaWorld, Mission Beach and Pacific Beach. They have a very nice but also crowded pool area that sits very close to the bay. The chairs go fast and the pool is not heated, it was quite chilly even in July. They also have two great water slides that kids of all ages can use.

I was actually a bit skeptical after reading some harsh reviews about the rooms and service. Check in was very slow but its summer in SD let's face it they are busy. While the rooms weren't updated last week I wouldn't call them dated either. My daughter loved the tower rooms and watched the SeaWorld fireworks every night.

Room Tip: Tower room facing SeaWorld
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I'll start by saying the location of this hotel is what I liked best-beautiful area. Everything else-not so much! When booking a waterfront suite, I expect I will be able to see the waterfront. Arriving in the suite, the first thing I noticed was the Einstein Brothers building directly obstructing the view of the waterfront. When asked about switching suites, the front desk said nothing was available except an ADA suite that happened to be right next door. We decided to take that suite because at least the view was only partially obstructed. Upon entering the suite, I noticed a nice air freshener type smell, only to discover that it was covering up the musty smell in the living room part of the suite that I smelled a few minutes later.That smell seemed to waft through the A/C vent when the fan was on. I also noticed the furniture was dated and the couch cushions had stains on them. Being an ADA suite, there was no bathtub, just a shower, which was not a problem, except that water got all over the bathroom floor, and we had to wipe it up with towels every time someone took a shower. There must be a better solution! Also the pocket door was very loud every time it was opened or closed.
The internet service was practically non-existent and many of the TV channels could hardly be seen as they were so fuzzy. To top it all off, the parking fee and resort fee are ridiculous for what the price of the room is. I would definitely stay elsewhere the next time I visit San Diego.

Room Tip: If staying in a suite, make sure you ask for one on the second or third floor, so your view is not o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheri G
Kendra S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Cheri G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your recent visit to our hotel. I have shared your comments with our Director of Housekeeping and Director of Engineering. They will be conducting a thorough inspection of your guestroom to address any concerns and ensure everything is up to Hyatt standards.

Again, we truly appreciate your feedback and hope you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you expect from the Hyatt during your next stay in San Diego.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Terrible view of parking lot...for paying $400+ daily rate Room service is very slow...capet was dirty...my son crawled around and his knees and top of his feet were black when i picked him up...unacceptable

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is in a great area, and my first night there was great. On my second day my boyfriend and I went out for lunch, came back to change so we could go jet skiing the room had been cleaned by room services. Of course we left our phone, and extra cash in the room because, we didn't want to risk losing it in the water. Once we came back from jet skiiing, we notice our cell phones had been stolen and $300 in cash was taken from my purse. We immediately reported it, the security manager called us back the next day after he spoke with everyone that would have been in our room. No one confused to seeing or stealing the phones or money. The hotels claims to have no cameras, so they have no way of viewing who was actually in the room. The security manager apologized, and stated it was nothing he could do about the missing objects except place an insurance claim with the hotel. He stated that the hotel could not refund our money we paid for the room to compensate our loss because, it was against their insurance. So if staying here be sure to keep your things on you at all time because, they do steal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Atc001
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First, let me say the staff was excellent. They were beyond helpful in getting us what we needed and very apologetic at things that went wrong. However, a lot went wrong, mostly with the facility. The lock on our suite didn't work -- it took three key changes for the hotel to figure it out. They then had to replace the lock. The cribs weren't in our room when we got in. The suite was dated. One of the phones didn't work and some of the lights flickered. The food at Swim was average. Nothing horrible happened but lots of little incidentals in the course of 2 days -- I wouldn't go back until they renovate. But, I want to reiterate again that the staff did everything they could to make up for things.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kmiller13
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 10 days at the Hyatt and enjoyed it, the staff were great friendly and helpful. The room was well, adequate. well maintained and cleaned each day tho our x2 bottles of water were not replenished once after the first night. The Red Merlin restaurant we visited once and were not impressed its in a lovely location but has a very limited menu and a terrible singer who is playing far too loud for conversation to happen. The poolside bar/restaurant is a little better more varied choice of food for instance but if you want a nice meal with your partner or family you'll probably be best getting a taxi into the gas lamp district (about $30) as there isn't really anything near the hotel. Although the Hyatt is called a spa/Marian it's not very relaxing certainly when we visited there were more kids there than at Disney land. Great for family holiday not so great for couples wanting a relaxing time by the pool we spent most of our time in the city which is great plenty to do in the gas lamp district or my wife's favourite place fashion valley.