“Favorite”

Ranked #147 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Arizona
“Favorite”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Whenever we need a mission bay fix we try and stay here. The location is perfect. Super bay views from the tower. Channel view is preferred to watch boats come and go. Pool area is awesome. Good food at the swim bar as well as red marlin. Always a great stay.

Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank L H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 August 2014

The view is nice but the hotel room is dated and could use a make-over. We paid for our trip in advance and they still put a 200 dollar hold on our credit card (50 dollars per day) for incidentals. Needless to say my husband was not happy. They charge 29 dollars a day to self park. For the last 2 nights we could not find a place to park. The attendant agreed to valet park our car for no extra charge. The grounds are nice and clean and the pool is nice. I felt like our room could have been cleaner and I observed housekeeping only half cleaning our room. There is sugar on the floor that has been there for the past 3 days. For what they charge I expected more. I will never stay here again. The staff was nice and the location great but that's about it

Room Tip: Stay in the tower if you can. The views of the bay are nice
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lorrainew808

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Irvine, California
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I guess if you are from the East Coast or elsewhere, this is a great place to stay. The views are beautiful. But seriously? Hyatt Regency? This is expensive, the rooms are SPARSE, the value is terrible, they charge a resort fee and a parking fee, many of the buildings smell of mildew, the grounds are confusing...the list goes on. The single restaurant had a limited menu and the food was mediocre. The bathrooms were messy. The drinks were good. The lobby is nice. I will stay up the freeway in La Jolla or elsewhere. MUCH NICER. Bye Bye Hyatt Regency.

Room Tip: Rooms were fine.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lrob225
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Hyatt, Mission Bay, San Diego, is a friendly, clean, and elegant hotel that provides superior service to their guests and pet dogs. We traveled with our dog to stayed on top floor with ocean view. There's no comparison when you wake up to the ocean breeze and sunset on the beach, romantic dinners on the marina with open views to the bay, and all the water sport rentals on site. The staffs had made our stay as comfortable as can be.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank LiLi C
North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I was a little weary about staying here after reading the reviews.

We had a king corner suite which was very spacious with an amazing view from the balcony. Yes the noise from the pool can be heard from the room especially on Saturdays. Yes the furniture (except the amazing bed) was worn and I was surprised to set my purse on a chipped cheap and splintering table.

The valet was quick and helpful, concierge very helpful the swim bar food and drinks are very good!! Nice pool area. The Water taxi to sea world was awesome, having an einsteins bagel is nice too.

Only complaint is the worn furniture, the shower door doesn't close all the way leaving water everywhere and a couple nights the room service trays were left outside for nearly 2 days for a neighboring room.

Despite that the good outweighs the bad and I would still stay here again for sure!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Arrival: booked a 2 queen bed room with a view.

We got to hotel at check in time, they offered an upgrade to villa. villas are on the 3 story building on left of the main tower which had 17 floors. The villa had 2 rooms. Was supposed to have a view, but it was blocked by a small structure so not much of a view. Bathroom door was a pocket door and we couldn't close it. And large flying knatlike bugs flying in a single bed bedroom. Rooms were not as nice as the hotel rooms in tower. Went back to front desk.

They offered us another villa with with 2 beds.

We declined this offer and said we wanted a room in tower with 2 beds which from website looked really pretty and it was closer to the pool for the kids.

But we had to wait 1.5 hr due to backup with housekeeping. So we went to pool to keep the kids busy. We checked in on Friday afternoon. It was crazy crowded. A lot of people. I have suspicions not all people there were from hotel. There was no check in process that day, so anyone can just sneak in when the pool gate was open. (Although on Saturday, they gave us wristbands when we requested towels).

My little one (10) really loved the slides. Really noisy, party like atmosphere. Stood around looking for an empty chair for a bit. Food stuff all over, need more staff at pool to clean up after piggy guests.

After 1.5 hr, room was ready. Front desk gave us a room on 15th floor, high floor because of our wait.

Got to room, much nicer than the villa even if it's smaller. View was stunning, had the view of the bay with all the boats. Could see seaworld and sea lions on the pier. Nice seating area on balcony, we caught sea world fireworks one night, really nice.

TV was fuzzy, called front desk to fix. Knock on door, we thought it was tv fixer guy, but it wasn't. The guy walked into room with his OWN key, he was the qc on housekeeping to ok the room for release. Well, we told him, guess they released The room without him. A little freaky that he just walked in.

TV guy came also, we opened door for him. He adjusted the wires and fixed. Later on we ordered an in room movie, same problem. Asked front desk to send the tv guy, he came and it was ok by then, he said it was the movie service not the tv.

Room had a beachy feel. Not that high end, but ok. Sheets had holes in it.

The view in balcony was the saving grace for me. Not sure I would stay again with the pool so crowded.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank K W
Central Valley, California
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

So glad I read reviews before coming here. Had very low expectations based on the negative reviews. Beautiful service upon checkin though we had to wait until 6:30 pm for our room to be ready. Check in is at 4. I was completely irritated after having been in the car for 5 1/2 hours. However, Nagam, the girl that checked us in said she would give us complimentary parking for our week stay for the inconvenience. My irritation evaporated upon hearing this since we were sick thinking we had to pay $203 for our 7 night stay.
Room was clean (bay I building room 2085) except nightstand which was corrected the next day, and hotel floors are always nasty which is why I insist everyone wear socks or flip flops in the room at all times.
William, the bellhop, was awesome. He gave us lots of good San Diego tips and told us to get a hold of him for anything. Great care given to us.
Decent view with partial bay view. Quiet - no neighbors or pool noise. Room smelled fine. There was no dresser and with a week there I like to unpack. The taxsea to seaworld was convenient and put us in our own private entrance which was awesome.
There was a wedding there on Saturday which was fine didn't bother us, however, it took the staff until Monday to clean up after it. There was garbage all over the place in the gazebo area. Not very romantic while watching the sunset.
I checked out through the tv and it said I owed $203 for parking and I promptly called the front desk and spoke to Ariel. I told him what was told to me at check in and he said "we don't typically comp that long." I told him I don't care what they typically do this is what was told to me, and he grudgingly said that I wouldn't be charged. I just received my credit card statement (waited to write my review until I got it) and there was no charge for parking. All in all a good stay, but for the money I would probably stay somewhere else.

Stayed August 2014