Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
  • Breakfast included
US$399
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$493
US$435
Hilton.com
US$236
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$209
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$318
US$220
US$333
US$224
US$210
US$190
  • Room Service
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$165
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$213
8,124 results
All reviewsseaport villageharbor toweruss midwayconvention centerhuge hotelwithin walking distanceadult poolcoronado islandgaslamp quartercorner roomself parkingthe gas lamp districtbusiness conferencepetco parkfire pitfloordowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Best location: next to Sea Port Village, close to the Zoo, Sea World, Del Mar, La Jolla & Pacific Beaches, 40 minutes from Legoland. Easy access to the 5. Beautiful entrance & lobby, fun outdoor pool & hot tubs, incredible views. Staff was friendly, quick, helpful, and took care of me during a blinding migraine!

My kids and I stayed at the Grand Manchester Hyatt for 5 days for an unplanned "end of summer" get away. My husband couldn't travel with us; this was our first trip without him. He booked the Hyatt on Priceline the day before we arrived for MUCH cheaper than the "walk-in" rate, but remember to tack on $39/night plus tips for parking. There is a charge for internet too. FYI: On the TV remote--KEEP SCROLLING DOWN to get to the regular free channels! For the first night, we assumed that all the TV offered were paid shows until we figured this out...

Though the cost of parking was like a knee to the gut, I was VERY satisfied with the Valet parking and would recommend it, especially if you have young kids coming in from the beach or Sea World...especially if you have a migraine...without your spouse. It was great to drop the car off each time we arrived and just walk into the hotel (especially wet/sandy--I should have tipped the Valet's more! :)), and then having the car waiting when we adventured about.

The Hyatt staff took good care of us. Notably, Byron Houston as our bellman, and Chris as one of the many Valet men outside were kind, helpful and respectful.

I had a blinding migraine for the first time and stayed in bed for an entire day. The staff made this experience better than I could have hoped by being extremely understanding and thoughtful. This was an expensive head ache, with 2 rounds of room service and 2 in-room movies, but the kids had a blast, and I was able to take a long bath in the dark and rest for 36 hours. We recommend the chicken pasta, tortilla soup and brownie sundae.

For breakfast we highly recommend Richard Walker's Pancake House, 520 Front Street, especially the Texas French Toast, any egg white dish and the Baked Cinnamon Pecan Pancake. A 3 minute stroll from the hotel lobby.

We also ventured a ride with a bike taxi around the marina-one with a radio and canopy. It was a refreshing and unique way to see the marina and stars, an unexpected highlight of our trip. The Valets frown upon the bikes coming into the driving area-for obvious safety issues-so catch one on the side street or close to any intersection.

We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a good view...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank AthleticTouchMom
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Let me start out by saying thank you to everyone at Grand Hyatt Manchester in San Diego!

I was there for the ASBDC Conference the first week in September. This is an annual conference, and I have attended every one for the last several years. In addition I attend several other conferences during each year. It was my first visit to San Diego. By far and hands down, Grand Hyatt Manchester in San Diego was the best conference location I have ever been to. The best hotel I have ever stayed out too. You Rock!

YOu will not find a better view in San Diego. RIght on the harbor, so close to everything. I had so much fun watching the ships come in and out. This lovely Midway aircraft carrier, Vincent and Regan ships were visible from my room. Fantastic. Just a hoip, skip and jump to the harbor and marina. Two pools, one strictly for adults. So nice to lay by the pool where it is quiet and read.

What made it so great, the fantastic staff? From the day we made our first phone call to the reservation desk, to the day I received our invoice. I was treated with utmost care. You really know what customer service is. You could be a national example of best practices in the hotel industry.

A special personal thanks go out to the staff, you truly know what customer service excellence really is.

Please extend my thanks to your entire team. I hope to return again someday. There is nothing I would change. Heck, I didn't want to leave, and I love your city! I was so spoiled, and I love it....

Room Tip: ask for view of harbor. I had a conference suite, it was huge.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
KSpitz, Electronic Sales & Marketing Manager at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Der luvdux,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We are so thrilled to hear that we met and exceeded all of your expectations during your stay with us while visiting San Diego. We hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

E-Marketing Manager
Manchester Grand Hyatt

Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights because we had some Hyatt certificates to use. I definitely wouldn't pay what they charge for this place. And the $26/day for parking is outrageous.

My initial impression was "Wow! This place is so nice!" The lobby is very grand and the location is awesome, walking distance to the Gaslamp, downtown, Petco Park. The room itself was fine. We stayed on the 29th floor and had a nice view of the water and Seaport Village. We had a fridge and a safe. They brought us a pack n play for our daughter to sleep in because we forgot to bring ours.

Well, come 9 pm when we put the little one to bed and we hear the trains. Even on the 29th floor they are LOUD and ANNOYING. Luckily the little one slept through it but it was pretty ridiculous. Also, the bed wasn't that comfortable. It was a bit saggy and not great on the back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
KSpitz, E-Marketing Manager at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Hi Christine,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your candid comments as they help us to constantly evolve and improve where need be. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the location, lobby and easy access to the Gaslamp Quarter, Downtown San Diego and Petco Park. We are happy to report that the trains will no longer need to honk their horns as they approach the crossings staring in January of 2012. This should drastically cut down on the noise associated with these trains. We hope we get the chance to welcome you back to San Diego and the Manchester Grand Hyatt. If I can be of any further assistance in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Electronic Sales & Marketing Manager
Manchester Grand Hyatt

Reviewed 20 September 2011

As many of you have already said, this hotel is in a great location. The entrance and lobby are beautiful and you step out the back door right into Seaport Village with shops, restaurants, etc.

We booked a Corner King Suite and were given Room 1152 in the Seaport Tower. Our views in the evening were great - we loved them. I will agree with others that these rooms are not "Hyatt" quality. They definitely need updating. I have stayed at other Hyatt hotels and their room furnishings are much nicer and more up to date.

Our check-in and check-out were very quick and easy. They have special kiosks to print your boarding pass free of charge, but we were a bit disappointed that you had to pay to use their computers for internet purposes. With the price paid, I think that should be complimentary.

The other disappointment was that there were two afternoons, they required you left the 4th floor pool in order for them to accommodate a private party. A guest really doesn't want to hear that after paying what we did. However, I will say they directed you to the 3rd floor pool in the other tower. They do however have comfortable lounge chairs and plenty of towels at both pools.

Again, great location, we had a great time in San Diego; however when we return we will probably try the Marriott Marina.

Room Tip: Choose a Corner King Suite - great views
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear TexasState,
We appreciate your candid comments here on TripAdvisor as we constantly monitor our guests' feedback and make changes where need be. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the bay front location of our hotel. I'm happy to report the guest rooms and all public areas and outlets at the hotel will undergo a complete renovation, starting in 2012. We look forward to these upgrades and hope we get the chance to welcome you back so you can experience the changes firsthand.

As you mentioned, on occasion we do close one of our pools for private events or routine maintenance. However, we do post these closures on our website beforehand and always offer our second pool as a backup for all in-house guests.

E-Marketing Manager

Reviewed 20 September 2011

After reading the previous reviews, I was hesitant to book the Hyatt Manchester over neighboring convention center hotels. I found that the Hyatt Manchester was much better than I expected, and a standard Hyatt experience. The service was very good, especially at the restaurant and the bars. Room was average size with updated furnishings and was clean. Nice views from the rooms near the top of the hotel (I was on the 21st floor). It is worth checking out the 40th floor bar for the amazing views, and I was able to find a AAA discount that gave me free breakfasts. Breakfast is normally $25 and is a high quality buffet with some variation in choices. As mentioned, restaurant service is well above average. Parking is expensive, especially short-term (got charged $21 for 2 hours, but is normally $26 per day). Rooms with a connecting door can be noisy, so avoid if possible. Otherwise I was very satisfied.

The hotel is located in a harbor area that is nice for an evening walk, but a bit of a tourist trap. For a day excursion rent a car at the hotel Hertz for a day (about $60 on the weekend) and head out to La Jolla cove to hang out at the beach, shop in La Jolla, and rent a Kayak.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business