My sister and I came for a getaway and stayed at this beautiful hotel. So convenient. Staff was courteous and we were treated very well during out stay. We used the spa and had a great experience there, I highly recommend it! Our room faced Coronado and Seaport Village and was just a gorgeous view, especially at night. The room was a bit on the small side but probably average for a hotel room in the city, very well appointed, and I always appreciate decent water pressure when you're on the 31st floor! We stayed 5 nights and received complimentary wi-fi which was sincerely appreciated.
The big bonus of this hotel is location. We wanted to see as much as we could during our stay. Within walking distance is the heart of the Gaslamp District, USS Midway, Broadway Pier, Seaport Village, the trolley tour, bus stop, convention center, Petco Park. It was great to walk along the paths close to the hotel and have so many attractions close by. Hint: if you're going to La Jolla - skip the $100 taxi cab roundtrip and take the city bus for $5 during the weekend. Bus is lightly traveled and the route seemed to be very safe.
At the Hyatt, we had appetizers at Redfield's which was okay. Was as expected. We also ate at Sally's and while it was not outstanding, it had a great vibe, staff was attentive and had a nice menu. The business center came in handy several times to print out trolley tickets, bus routes, etc. Extended hours would also be helpful. The kiosks were also nice in other locations of the hotel to print out boarding passes. And another perk, considering the number of rooms at the hotel and being on one of the top floors, we hardly had to wait at all for an elevator and they were very fast. Kudos to the hotel for the that! Also the frig in the room was an added bonus, especially for an extended stay.
Next time I come back to San Diego I would definitely stay here. Our rate was comparable to similar hotels but I would say the location and the amenities and vibe give the Hyatt the edge. Thanks for a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego