Stayed at this hotel with my husband from January 11-15, 2012. I was there for a work function, hubby was traveling with me.
Check in quick and easy. Got a smoking room like we requested. Spent one night in our room with two double beds and asked to moved to a room with a king bed. Staff moved our luggage for us while we out touring around town.
Rooms have great view over the water. Lots of windows, they even open, great TV, coffee maker with tea and coffee, mini bar and just a fair bathroom with a miniscule bathtub.
Hotel is set up with 2 towers. Elevators do floors 1-19 and 20-40 so you have to make sure you get in the right one in the correct tower. A little confusing but you get the hang of it.
Breakfast buffet is great but costs $30. Sports bar ok with very limited menu. Sallys has great food.
Location is fabulous. You can walk out the back door and be right on the boardwalk with a beautiful little village for shopping and eating right there. You can walk to the Gas Lamp District and the USS Midway is just down the street. Take the ferry over the Coronado Island if you have time. Fun to just sit and watch all of the action happening in the bay itself, fighter jets flying over head, lots of ships in the bay and even saw several dolphins.
Would I stay there if it wasn't a work event, probably not. I would look for a smaller boutique hotel that might be a little more intimate.
Overall biggest complaint was the lack of hot water. It didn't matter what time I tried to take a bath or shower it was always cold. I complained and they took the buffet breakfast off the bill for myself and my husband. Great on their part but would have preferred a hot shower at least once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego