The hotel itself is quite good, with spotless and modern rooms and, dare I say, a majestic entrance and lobby.
Bed was comfy, but the shower head is at chest level, and I'm 6' 0". I liked being reminded of Europe, but didn't like ducking.
Staff were pinnacle of professionalism, from room service (fast!) to bellhops (super friendly and efficient).
Location is great, with the conference center, Midway museum, and lots of restaurants and bars all within walking distance, as well as a Ralph's grocery/supermarket, which is great for stocking the mini-fridge with half-n-half (for the decent in-room coffee), yogurt, fruit (and, yes, wine) for much cheaper than the hotel market in the lobby (which should be open 24/7 and is not).
The "rooftop" bar in one of the towers was a little disappointing, as it was fully indoors and actually a little warm and stuffy, I was hoping for something open and refreshing. Bartender was great, however
The views of the bay from the high floors are incredible, with the airport clearly visible, helicopters in formation constantly coming and going from the naval base, all kinds of boat traffic, from cruise ships to what looked like the special forces' inflatables, and more than 1 aircraft carrier.
The fact that the windows open is wonderful, but it does let in the dull roar of commercial jet takeoffs, and you can hear the helis coming long before you see them. I certainly didn't mind, and with the windows closed it's almost unnoticeable, but, FYI, the view comes with a sonic accompaniment.
I'd definitely stay on business here again, but the Marriott next door also looked pretty decent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego