Travelled with my elderly mother, so as soon as we got off the cab, walked to the nice lobby/ reception area, and there was no seating!!! My mother can't stands for long and I would like to have her sit down and relax, while I was taking care of registration. There are seating areas all the way on the left and right wings. However, registration process was quick, I even got upgraded, when I mentioned I would like a room with nice view for my mother, who likes to look out the window. Turned out, she spent quite a lot of time watching cruise ships left and watch the sunset almost every evening we stayed there, before we went out for dinner. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet, and descent size. We had two double bed room. Breakfast at Lael's was just ok, we had better. Top of the Hyatt is a must, food/ drinks were average, but the view is priceless. If you just want to look at the view, just go up, and take pictures. We did not use the pool, but went to just look around and take pictures, very nice, and quiet, as it was a bit cool.
The location of this hotel is excellent, walk towards the Seaport side, and all the dining choices are there. We went to Roy's a few doors away at the Marriot, and other dining choices are within walking distance. Also the hop-on/ off buses, and the Duck tour are right at the Seaport. Even with my mother's condition (can't walk too much), she was able to enjoy and see most of San Diego. We had a very good time and a very happy stay at the Manchester. Will definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TravelUp, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego