Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
  • Room Service
Island Inn(San Diego)
  • Fitness centre
  • Restaurant
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)
  • Breakfast included
8,127 results
All reviewsseaport villageharbor toweruss midwayconvention centerhuge hotelwithin walking distanceadult poolcoronado islandgaslamp quartercorner roomself parkingthe gas lamp districtbusiness conferencepetco parkfire pitfloordowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was blown away by this hotel - and unexpectedly too! I had just stayed in Hotel Circle at a 3 star hotel for 4 nights and moved to this hotel for a conference. The price difference was only $20 per night extra for THIS hotel and it was far and away AMAZING value for money!

Firstly, the place is huge and there are at least 20 staff members lurking around to help in the foyer. I have never been to a hotel with such exceptionally friendly, helpful staff.

The rooms are very nice, comfy beds, strong wifi connection (I can't comment on price as mine was included in the conference cost) and amazing views - pay the extra $10 or so for the view - worth it!

There is a starbucks on site, it is close to the waterfront, shopping, cafes, restaurants, bars etc - everything you need is right there.

The rooftop bar has a nice view, and the pool area is also amazing.

A special mention to Cathy (Kathy?) at the concierge desk for going above and beyond and helping me fix my shoe during my stay! Exceptional service.

If I go to San Diego again, this hotel is definitely where I will stay.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Liztiz1
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The only thing I can say good about this Hyatt is the location. Other than that, I am mostly disappointed with it. The window panes seemed very thin that you can hear the alarm whenever the trolly runs by, also the airplane flying by. This may be my personal opinion, but the bed is too soft for me and the pillow is just not right. I could not have good sleep for the whole week. Not impressed with this Hyatt at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bobster30
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We loved our splurge at this hotel. The location is perfect, the rooms well appointed, the views spectacular, and it is quiet. No outside noise, even with your window open, and no noise from other rooms. It is within walking distance (1/2 mile...6 easy, flat blocks) from the Gaslamp District (restaurants, bars) and even closer to the SD Convention Center.

We had a room on the 28th floor (South building) with spectacular views. Tip: I asked for a city view as I wanted to watch the "city lights" at night and the city skyline by day. From the north building our room also had a view of the beautiful Coronado bridge. Also could see (but not hear) the planes on their approach to San Diego's airport. The views were spectacular. There is a small couch in the room in front of the window and we literally turned it around to face the window so that we could take full advantage of the view.

I've seen other reviews that have criticized this hotel for the expense of their parking and the internet which are particularly annoying when added to the very expensive room rate. I am a price shopper and investigated the many upscale downtown SD hotels. Room prices were very similar and parking/internet charges at all big downtown hotels were identical, so I did not find that as a distinguishing feature. Not that I like those charges, but every hotel has the same setup. I did opt for the Bed & Breakfast for 2, which allows a 2:00 p.m. checkout and a terrific, extensive breakfast in a lovely dining room (linen napkins). The views and the 2:00 checkout option is what sold us on the Manchester Grand Hyatt.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I strongly recommend this hotel. It is very nice,, and grand and luxurious. Staff are accommodating and friendly, and the hotel has a very good location with nice views of Coronado and the Pacific Ocean. Come here!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed there last week for the first time. The location is excellent right on the harbor and Seaport Village area. The hotel is really large (1,000 plus rooms) but the staff was super friendly and helpful. My room was quite worn and not at the level of quality I would have guessed for a Grand Hyatt. One of the seats was covered in white paint/dust and was quite worn. The same was true with the couch by the window. The accompanying table was very dusty upon arrival but was never dusted in the three days I stayed in the room.

To me, you are paying for the location but not necessarily the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business