8,663 results
All reviews seaport village harbor tower uss midway convention center huge hotel adult pool within walking distance coronado island gaslamp quarter corner room self parking the gas lamp district business conference petco park fire pit floor downtown
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This past weekend I was at the Grand Manchester Hyatt in San Diego at Seaport Village California. The hotel is situated very convenient, it's nice hotel, but I had and ordeal with this hotel, they offered me a request for early check in and I accepted it willingly to even pay the extra charge to check in early and when I got there after driving 2hrs in traffic, I couldn't get a room, they said "it wasn't ready and the night before they were full, so they said they would text me when It was ready" I said ok, but never got a text. check back at 2:30pm still no room available, I was tired and frustrated, and I got into it with clerk at the front desk and she wanted to be snobbish with me, to tell me I would have to pay more in order to get a room, if I wanted to check in before check in time, I said why do you offer early check in if you cannot fulfill it. well finally I got a room, when I went up to the room and just as I was entering the room, there was other people open luggages sitting open on the floor of the room, slippers, every where, I got so angry and I went back to the front desk and I let them know and then a manager came out, they offered me a $75 credit and it was if they didn't even feel bad. Then they gave me another room and the money I paid for that one night the room wasn't even worth it. I got no sleep all night you keep hearing other doors opening and closing and slamming, my husband didn' t sleep a wink, he was so frustrated and angry at the service we got! this really left a bad taste in my mouth and my heart, it was the worst experience I've had with a hotel and I don't think I will ever recommended my friends or family to waste their money with this hotel, the rooms are overpriced! they really put a damper on my wedding anniversary weekend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon R
DeNea C, Customer Service Team at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2014

Hi Sharon,
We are sorry to hear your experience was less than exceptional. This is not typical of our hotel and hope that accept our sincerest apologizes. There might have been communication issues on our part as we do not guarantee early check-in or late check-out. We will be sharing this with each of our departments to ensure there is full communication of this on all levels. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as it allows us to improve on our services.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

From check in to check out this was a really good stay. The check in was easy and we were given what we had paid for. We booked the trip on Hotwire and we got the upgrades we had requested and paid for. We did the Club upgrade which gave us the club room which included breakfast and other amenities on the 33rd floor. This was a very good breakfast with some of the best smoke salmon I had ever had. Most of the club rooms have spectacular views of the bay and Point Loma or the Coronado bridge. We were short a few items when we arrived and when called they immediately (10 minutes) brought us what we needed. There are two elevators which is a little annoying. One goes up to the 28th floor and the other for the floors above 28. There were many times when you had to wait 5 minutes for an elevator. That is not excessively long however. The beds were a little small but overall comfortable. I don't especially like toiletries with green tea and cucumber but that is a personal preference. We were travelling with two 16 year old boys and they loved the hotel. It is on my return to list.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary1097

Thank you for your kind review, Gary. We are glad you enjoyed staying with us this past August. We have express elevators in both towers to make trips up and down the hotel easier for our guests. We are sorry to hear that this didn’t seem so. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The SD Grand Hyatt is quite possibly the ugliest hotel exterior i have ever seen. So it is far better to be inside looking out and not have to view this architectural monstrosity. Once inside it is polished, glam, upscale and spacious. Staff is super accommodating. My room was a King in the South tower. Overlooked the harbor and small tourist village on the harbor. Real easy walk to convention center and Gas Light district and harbor parks. Beautiful pool deck on 4th floor between the 2 towers. Large pool and gas fire pit areas that are lit up at night. Spacious bath with plenty of counter space and storage, great big tv with lots of channels. super bed. WiFi for a fee. Breakfast buffet is abundant and high end as well as a little pricey at $23.00 + tip. Lounge has nice selection of $9.00 craft beers. Oh well it is San Diego and in a great location.

Room Tip: Go 7th floor or higher to be above any mechanical equipment. I was originally on 6th and moved. My view was 80% blocked by equipment storage roof lines.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your candid review, Jon. We are glad you took a liking to the interior of our hotel. We do our best to keep the interior looking fresh, modern and upscale as possible and we are glad you took notice. For your next trip, check out our websites offers page. Some of our packages may include breakfast so it is always helpful to take a peek and see what other amenities we might include. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Excellent stay! Everyone very helpful, great service, great breakfast included with package. Hotel grounds were very nice. Location was excellent. . . much to do within walking distance. Would recommend or would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for your wonderful review, Kim. We are so happy you enjoyed staying with us and appreciated our staff’s services and close proximity to downtown activities. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a large hotel situated on the harbor and near the Gas Lamp district. My room could not have been better with excellent views of the south harbor. It was a short hike to see the Padre's play at PetCo field. Lot's of nearby restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for your kind review, Scott. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed staying with us this past August. A huge highlight for many of our guests is the location and we are glad you enjoyed this aspect as well. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and others and we hope to welcome you back again soon.