“Great Location Gorgeous View”

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
Ranked #30 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Beautiful hotel with very professional and courteous staff. The view over the bay was stunning and the location is excellent. I attended a large conference and appreciated the convenience from my room to the conference hall. In addition, it was great to be able to sneak out in-between sessions for a bite to eat or some shopping at Sea Port Village. The only issue was the early check-in request. It would be nice if they could better accommodate early check in for conference attendees. The staff seemed slightly overwhelmed by the large influx of people at the start of the conference. Overall, wonderful hotel...hope to return for pleasure versus business in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
DeNea C, Customer Service Team at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you appreciated the convenience our hotel is to nearby restaurants and your room to the conference hall. We will be sharing your feedback with our staff to come up with ways on how we can do better at busy check-in times. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and others on Trip Advisor as this gives us an opportunity to improve. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,992)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Breathtalking location facing the oceanand at the seaoprt village which a tourist heaven.
staff is friendly and hig professional, and they make life easy by electonic check in and check out throug E-mail.

room is well design and all what youneed there. huge hotel contain of two buiding.

one thing i didn't like was the size of clothes cabinet ( too small )

Room Tip: To get free wifi apply for hayatt loyalty membership when you check in.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed staying with us this past August and especially happy to hear your thoughts about our guest’s services. We will be sharing your feedback with our staff to see what we can do in the future about our dresses as you mentioned you felt they were too small. Thank you for sharing this with us as it gives us an opportunity to grow and improve our services to our guests. We hope to welcome you back soon. Until then!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I celebrated our Anniversary, and booked a Premium View King Suite on the 24th floor with a spectacular view of San Diego bay, Coronado Island, the Gaslamp in downtown San Diego, Sea Port Village, the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum, and Point Loma. The service was extra special, and the Concierge was able to arrange for a chilled bottle of wine on ice, a fabulous bouquet of multi-colored alstroemeria flowers from the hotel florist, and even a wheel chair for my wife who had previousy broken her foot! All of this was all in the room when we arrived as a surpirse for my wife! The bell men were particularly helpful, and the hotel's Sallys Restaurant on the bay had a beautiful view, and fantastic food! Also, check out the Gaslamp in downtown San Diego for unique shopping, and a wide variety of great restaurants, and check out the new and improved shopping center across the street that used to be the Police Headquarters, and especially the Seasons 52 Restaurant that has fabulous food!
Overall it was an extremely exceptional romantic celebration!

Room Tip: Get the rooms with premium views, as high as you can get.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Howard D

Thank you for your thoughtful review, Howard. We are delighted to hear you and your wife enjoyed staying with us on your special day. The room views and easy access to downtown restaurants along San Diego Bay to watch the sunset is the epitome of romantic. Thank you for letting us be a part of your anniversary and we wish you many more to come. We hope your wife’s foot is feeling better and hope to welcome you both back soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This past weekend I was at the Grand Manchester Hyatt in San Diego at Seaport Village California. The hotel is situated very convenient, it's nice hotel, but I had and ordeal with this hotel, they offered me a request for early check in and I accepted it willingly to even pay the extra charge to check in early and when I got there after driving 2hrs in traffic, I couldn't get a room, they said "it wasn't ready and the night before they were full, so they said they would text me when It was ready" I said ok, but never got a text. check back at 2:30pm still no room available, I was tired and frustrated, and I got into it with clerk at the front desk and she wanted to be snobbish with me, to tell me I would have to pay more in order to get a room, if I wanted to check in before check in time, I said why do you offer early check in if you cannot fulfill it. well finally I got a room, when I went up to the room and just as I was entering the room, there was other people open luggages sitting open on the floor of the room, slippers, every where, I got so angry and I went back to the front desk and I let them know and then a manager came out, they offered me a $75 credit and it was if they didn't even feel bad. Then they gave me another room and the money I paid for that one night the room wasn't even worth it. I got no sleep all night you keep hearing other doors opening and closing and slamming, my husband didn' t sleep a wink, he was so frustrated and angry at the service we got! this really left a bad taste in my mouth and my heart, it was the worst experience I've had with a hotel and I don't think I will ever recommended my friends or family to waste their money with this hotel, the rooms are overpriced! they really put a damper on my wedding anniversary weekend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon R

Hi Sharon,
We are sorry to hear your experience was less than exceptional. This is not typical of our hotel and hope that accept our sincerest apologizes. There might have been communication issues on our part as we do not guarantee early check-in or late check-out. We will be sharing this with each of our departments to ensure there is full communication of this on all levels. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as it allows us to improve on our services.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

From check in to check out this was a really good stay. The check in was easy and we were given what we had paid for. We booked the trip on Hotwire and we got the upgrades we had requested and paid for. We did the Club upgrade which gave us the club room which included breakfast and other amenities on the 33rd floor. This was a very good breakfast with some of the best smoke salmon I had ever had. Most of the club rooms have spectacular views of the bay and Point Loma or the Coronado bridge. We were short a few items when we arrived and when called they immediately (10 minutes) brought us what we needed. There are two elevators which is a little annoying. One goes up to the 28th floor and the other for the floors above 28. There were many times when you had to wait 5 minutes for an elevator. That is not excessively long however. The beds were a little small but overall comfortable. I don't especially like toiletries with green tea and cucumber but that is a personal preference. We were travelling with two 16 year old boys and they loved the hotel. It is on my return to list.

Room Tip: The higher the better
1  Thank Gary1097

Thank you for your kind review, Gary. We are glad you enjoyed staying with us this past August. We have express elevators in both towers to make trips up and down the hotel easier for our guests. We are sorry to hear that this didn’t seem so. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The SD Grand Hyatt is quite possibly the ugliest hotel exterior i have ever seen. So it is far better to be inside looking out and not have to view this architectural monstrosity. Once inside it is polished, glam, upscale and spacious. Staff is super accommodating. My room was a King in the South tower. Overlooked the harbor and small tourist village on the harbor. Real easy walk to convention center and Gas Light district and harbor parks. Beautiful pool deck on 4th floor between the 2 towers. Large pool and gas fire pit areas that are lit up at night. Spacious bath with plenty of counter space and storage, great big tv with lots of channels. super bed. WiFi for a fee. Breakfast buffet is abundant and high end as well as a little pricey at $23.00 + tip. Lounge has nice selection of $9.00 craft beers. Oh well it is San Diego and in a great location.

Room Tip: Go 7th floor or higher to be above any mechanical equipment. I was originally on 6th and moved. My...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your candid review, Jon. We are glad you took a liking to the interior of our hotel. We do our best to keep the interior looking fresh, modern and upscale as possible and we are glad you took notice. For your next trip, check out our websites offers page. Some of our packages may include breakfast so it is always helpful to take a peek and see what other amenities we might include. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Excellent stay! Everyone very helpful, great service, great breakfast included with package. Hotel grounds were very nice. Location was excellent. . . much to do within walking distance. Would recommend or would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for your wonderful review, Kim. We are so happy you enjoyed staying with us and appreciated our staff’s services and close proximity to downtown activities. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.