I am surprised that this hotel is not higher ranked in San Diego. It was the best we stayed in during our US trip and easily top 10 out of all the hotels I have stayed in around the world. After the bad hotel experience we had in San Francisco arriving at the Hyatt felt like a dream.
We got a great deal on this hotel. We had a really nice room with great views. Every morning we enjoyed some exercise in the gym and a swim in the adult pool (third floor) before going out to explore lovely San Diego. It is walking distance to the gaslamp quarter and the USS Midway, the Coronado Ferry and most of central San Diego. The lovely Seaport Village with a lot of restaurants is just next door.
I like to travel without a car even though people say it is impossible in the US. Here it was very easy. The airport is just a short taxi ride from the hotel and the flight bus stops 5-10 minutes walk away, next to the Amtrak station. The hotel is very close to a tram station from where you easily can go to Mission Valley for shopping or Old Town where you change for buses to the beaches and La Jolla.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego