“The right place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
“The right place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Just what I needed - great location, safe, clean, well-lit parking lot, friendly staff.
Since I traveled there alone, I looked at previous reviews before selecting this place and the most common compliment was the nice staff. Very true.
The one complaint some people had made was difficulty in finding the opening from the freeway. Not true! It's the easiest place to find. The sign for 'hotel circle' is clearly marked on highway 8 and all the motels/hotels are beside each other.

Definitely will stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chrisinireland
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Kings Inn and that you had no challenge finding us or the hotel circle exits off the interstate 8. We are also happy the reviews of our previous guests encouraged you to book with us and hope in turn yours will do the same for others.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Martinez, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was looking for a place to stay with my grandsons, that had a nice pool. The King's Inn surpassed my wishes by having a GREAT pool, along with new pool furniture. The room was nice, clean and had VERY comfortable beds. The bonus was the service....David and staff went out of their way to fulfill our needs. I travel to San Diego several times a year, and look forward to staying at the King's Inn...I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for staying and Kings Inn and for your review. It was a pleasure having you and your grandsons with us. It is always special when we are able to meet the needs and expectations of three generations in a family all at once. We are happy to know you plan to stay with us when you visit them in the future.
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Wow where do I begin? I give the Kings Inn 5 stars hands down! From the minute I called the hotel I was greeted by Jacob. He was very friendly and very professional. I told him I needed to check in early and he told me he would help in any way. I waited about 30 mins and drove to the hotel; Jacob and Veronica greeted me with a friendly smile and a can do attitude. I was 3 hours early "before check in" however they ran around to find me a nice room which was poolside.
Price- great value for the price! Big bang for your bucks!
Hotel is in a great location its near everything!!
Hotel Staff- was very friendly, professional, and helpful
Hotel- they were updating their furniture to look more modern which was very pretty
Rooms- our room was a nice size and very, very, very clean "thanks so much for that"
AC- was very cold "I loved it" however if you don't like the cold you might need to ask for an extra blanket.
bed- it wasn't a pillow top but it nice and firm. "I slept very well"
Pool- warm and the hot tub rocks!
The bar and restaurant - food was amazing and the drinks were big and cheap.
The Waffle Spot- breakfast was homemade and delicious
The entire hotel was spotless!
Overall I give this hotel and their amazing staff 5 stars. I wanted to stay another night but my husband had to return home for work. Next time I am in town we will stay here no doubt! Thank You so much!! Shout out to Jacob and Veronica thank you for going above and beyond to accommodate my needs. Yall made me feel better after the airlines lost my luggage....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Faythe2014
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
It is always a treat to read how our exceptional staff served our guests. Thank you for your review and for recognizing Jacob and Veronica. Both are awesome at what they do and we are proud to have them as part of our guest services. We hope that you will have an opportunity to visit again and for longer. Hopefully, you will have better luck with luggage but fortunately San Diego's largest and best mall is only one mile away just in case.
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here during a layover in San Diego. The room was clean, no frills. The staff was extremely friendly. The room was loud at times, we could hear everything going on in the room above as well as some airplanes. However, we still slept fine and this hotel would be great for a brief stay in the downtown area

Room Tip: Next time I would stay on the top floor!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you were overall pleased with your experience at Kings Inn. We are at the beginning of our busy summer season and we understand that can sometimes create extra background noise with guests coming and going as they explore San Diego. We have never actually received concerns about airplane traffic before because we are not in the flight path for arriving and departing flights as our airport is one of the busiest fields still operating with only one runway. All flights enter and exit on the same flight path more than five miles away. We hope potential guests will not be dissuaded by thinking we are next to an airport. We hope you will stay again and contact us in advance if you have additional needs for quiet so that we can better accommodate you.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was a bit apprehensive about this place, but once I entered the lobby and was welcomed with big smiles, it felt just like home. Loved the pool area, the room was very comfortable and traveling alone I felt very safe there. Used towels were replaced everyday. Location was great for me - short drive to Mission Beach, Balboa Park, Seaport Village, downtown area and of course Old Town. The Inn staff they are all super nice and helpful. Katherine, the waitress at Waffle Spot was so very sweet!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
We are happy you enjoyed your stay at Kings Inn and felt comfortable and safe here. We understand the additional considerations one must take when traveling alone and hope that our reviews from previous guests helped your decision to stay with us just as we hope your review will in turn help others. Thank you for choosing Kings Inn and thank you for your review.
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I've never known such friendly and attentive staff! I had such a pleasant stay here. The room was spacious, bed comfortable and huge and the overall aura of the hotel with the palm trees and heated pool/hot tub just really looked beautiful. The hot tub was especially nice after a long day and is open late until 10pm. I would highly recommend this place to anyone going to San Diego. La Jolla (my favourite place ever) is a short drive (15 mins) away and it's close to other beaches too. Another point worth noting is their own breakfast restaurant is great, very tasty, and the staff there are equally as friendly. We are going to come back next year :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
We love hearing how much our guests enjoyed their stay at Kings Inn. Your review has us beaming with pride. We especially like when guests vow to return. By next spring our lobby will have been remodeled, our restaurants will have patios and we look to add new amenities to the hotel. We can't wait to share these exciting changes with you. Thank you for your review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The staff was professional, friendly, and extremely helpful. The rooms were clean, as well as the entire hotel area. Among the many other hotels located on the same street, this one definitely was more appealing from the start. Many food options nearby so no issue there! Conveniently close to everything there is to do in San Diego!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your terrific review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our location for exploring San Diego. We truly hope you have an opportunity to visit San Diego again and to stay with us.