Kings Inn San Diego
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
US$413
US$374
Official Site
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$211
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$242
US$203
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$190
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$224
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$256
US$224
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$378
US$359
  • Beachfront
2,547 results
All reviewsamigo spotwaffle spotthe mexican restaurantwaffle kingtiki oasisbreakfast restaurantroom was cleanold townnice poolpool and hot tubfashion valleysea worldpool areaan older hotelwould stay here againmission valleyfront desk staff
Reviewed 8 June 2014

From check-in to check-out customer service was excellent. I was happy they put in refrigerators. maybe next microwaves. Kings Inn is close to freeways and getting where you want to go. stayed twice on recent trip. they have a nice size pool. my only problem is bathrooms are small but the king bed room, the best!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for returning to stay at Kings Inn. We are happy you like the ongoing improvements including the compact refrigerators in all rooms. We will also be adding in room coffeemakers very soon. Microwaves will not be a standard amenity in our rooms but we keep a few available as an upgrade with the fee of $10 per day.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Just what I needed - great location, safe, clean, well-lit parking lot, friendly staff.
Since I traveled there alone, I looked at previous reviews before selecting this place and the most common compliment was the nice staff. Very true.
The one complaint some people had made was difficulty in finding the opening from the freeway. Not true! It's the easiest place to find. The sign for 'hotel circle' is clearly marked on highway 8 and all the motels/hotels are beside each other.

Definitely will stay here again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chrisinireland

Thank you for your great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Kings Inn and that you had no challenge finding us or the hotel circle exits off the interstate 8. We are also happy the reviews of our previous guests encouraged you to book with us and hope in turn yours will do the same for others.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was looking for a place to stay with my grandsons, that had a nice pool. The King's Inn surpassed my wishes by having a GREAT pool, along with new pool furniture. The room was nice, clean and had VERY comfortable beds. The bonus was the service....David and staff went out of their way to fulfill our needs. I travel to San Diego several times a year, and look forward to staying at the King's Inn...I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying and Kings Inn and for your review. It was a pleasure having you and your grandsons with us. It is always special when we are able to meet the needs and expectations of three generations in a family all at once. We are happy to know you plan to stay with us when you visit them in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Wow where do I begin? I give the Kings Inn 5 stars hands down! From the minute I called the hotel I was greeted by Jacob. He was very friendly and very professional. I told him I needed to check in early and he told me he would help in any way. I waited about 30 mins and drove to the hotel; Jacob and Veronica greeted me with a friendly smile and a can do attitude. I was 3 hours early "before check in" however they ran around to find me a nice room which was poolside.
Price- great value for the price! Big bang for your bucks!
Hotel is in a great location its near everything!!
Hotel Staff- was very friendly, professional, and helpful
Hotel- they were updating their furniture to look more modern which was very pretty
Rooms- our room was a nice size and very, very, very clean "thanks so much for that"
AC- was very cold "I loved it" however if you don't like the cold you might need to ask for an extra blanket.
bed- it wasn't a pillow top but it nice and firm. "I slept very well"
Pool- warm and the hot tub rocks!
The bar and restaurant - food was amazing and the drinks were big and cheap.
The Waffle Spot- breakfast was homemade and delicious
The entire hotel was spotless!
Overall I give this hotel and their amazing staff 5 stars. I wanted to stay another night but my husband had to return home for work. Next time I am in town we will stay here no doubt! Thank You so much!! Shout out to Jacob and Veronica thank you for going above and beyond to accommodate my needs. Yall made me feel better after the airlines lost my luggage....

1  Thank Faythe2014
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

It is always a treat to read how our exceptional staff served our guests. Thank you for your review and for recognizing Jacob and Veronica. Both are awesome at what they do and we are proud to have them as part of our guest services. We hope that you will have an opportunity to visit again and for longer. Hopefully, you will have better luck with luggage but fortunately San Diego's largest and best mall is only one mile away just in case.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here during a layover in San Diego. The room was clean, no frills. The staff was extremely friendly. The room was loud at times, we could hear everything going on in the room above as well as some airplanes. However, we still slept fine and this hotel would be great for a brief stay in the downtown area

Room Tip: Next time I would stay on the top floor!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you were overall pleased with your experience at Kings Inn. We are at the beginning of our busy summer season and we understand that can sometimes create extra background noise with guests coming and going as they explore San Diego. We have never actually received concerns about airplane traffic before because we are not in the flight path for arriving and departing flights as our airport is one of the busiest fields still operating with only one runway. All flights enter and exit on the same flight path more than five miles away. We hope potential guests will not be dissuaded by thinking we are next to an airport. We hope you will stay again and contact us in advance if you have additional needs for quiet so that we can better accommodate you.