“Good price and room”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fontana, California
“Good price and room”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed for a girls weekend outing it was great . Room was clean. People were exceptionally
nice about everything. We stayed over the restaurant and it was a little noisy but not to late.
The hotels is nice but will be even nicer when all updates are completed throughout. We will stay again in the future location was good to.

Room Tip: Ask for remodeled room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We are glad you and your friends enjoyed your weekend getaway and your stay at Kings Inn. Your room was a part of our family suite and is above the Amigo Spot which is pretty lively on Saturdays with the Jazz Quartet in the lounge. As you stated, it ends pretty early, 10pm, so we are glad it did not impose on you. All rooms now have our new furnishings. Artwork, mirrors and accent lighting are being installed now. Anyone wanting to see the new look of our rooms should look at the pictures posted by management here on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

When I first called there was a special online that they didn't have when I called but when I told them about the special they were kind enough to give it to me, I didn't think they would but they did, I was surprised. I'm glad they did. The front desk people were friendly, helpful, polite. The room was very neat and clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom were also nice and clean. Although we didn't get to enjoy the pool. We did see it and it was also clean and a good size to go swimming in.

• Stayed June 2014
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for checking with us directly before booking online in order get the best direct rate. We have our rates listed on multiple sites and try to keep them all the same but every now and then one site may have a special and we are always happy to match rates. We are happy you were comfortable and hope you have another opportunity to visit and enjoy our fantastic pool. Thank you for your review.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Excellent friendly service. Clean rooms. Area looked safe with several other were expensive namebrand hotels nearby. Was a little scared at first by my $60 prepaid rate, but pleasantly surprised. Would stay again if there for a day or two.

• Stayed June 2014
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We are glad you took advantage of one of our great discounted rates and tried us. Typically, rates vary based on our occupancy and we are happy you could stay with us on slower night. We always try to exceed expectations and to offer the best value. We hope you will stay with us again.
Gold Hill, Oregon
Reviewed 8 June 2014

From check-in to check-out customer service was excellent. I was happy they put in refrigerators. maybe next microwaves. Kings Inn is close to freeways and getting where you want to go. stayed twice on recent trip. they have a nice size pool. my only problem is bathrooms are small but the king bed room, the best!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for returning to stay at Kings Inn. We are happy you like the ongoing improvements including the compact refrigerators in all rooms. We will also be adding in room coffeemakers very soon. Microwaves will not be a standard amenity in our rooms but we keep a few available as an upgrade with the fee of $10 per day.
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Just what I needed - great location, safe, clean, well-lit parking lot, friendly staff.
Since I traveled there alone, I looked at previous reviews before selecting this place and the most common compliment was the nice staff. Very true.
The one complaint some people had made was difficulty in finding the opening from the freeway. Not true! It's the easiest place to find. The sign for 'hotel circle' is clearly marked on highway 8 and all the motels/hotels are beside each other.

Definitely will stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chrisinireland
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Kings Inn and that you had no challenge finding us or the hotel circle exits off the interstate 8. We are also happy the reviews of our previous guests encouraged you to book with us and hope in turn yours will do the same for others.
Martinez, California
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was looking for a place to stay with my grandsons, that had a nice pool. The King's Inn surpassed my wishes by having a GREAT pool, along with new pool furniture. The room was nice, clean and had VERY comfortable beds. The bonus was the service....David and staff went out of their way to fulfill our needs. I travel to San Diego several times a year, and look forward to staying at the King's Inn...I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for staying and Kings Inn and for your review. It was a pleasure having you and your grandsons with us. It is always special when we are able to meet the needs and expectations of three generations in a family all at once. We are happy to know you plan to stay with us when you visit them in the future.
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Wow where do I begin? I give the Kings Inn 5 stars hands down! From the minute I called the hotel I was greeted by Jacob. He was very friendly and very professional. I told him I needed to check in early and he told me he would help in any way. I waited about 30 mins and drove to the hotel; Jacob and Veronica greeted me with a friendly smile and a can do attitude. I was 3 hours early "before check in" however they ran around to find me a nice room which was poolside.
Price- great value for the price! Big bang for your bucks!
Hotel is in a great location its near everything!!
Hotel Staff- was very friendly, professional, and helpful
Hotel- they were updating their furniture to look more modern which was very pretty
Rooms- our room was a nice size and very, very, very clean "thanks so much for that"
AC- was very cold "I loved it" however if you don't like the cold you might need to ask for an extra blanket.
bed- it wasn't a pillow top but it nice and firm. "I slept very well"
Pool- warm and the hot tub rocks!
The bar and restaurant - food was amazing and the drinks were big and cheap.
The Waffle Spot- breakfast was homemade and delicious
The entire hotel was spotless!
Overall I give this hotel and their amazing staff 5 stars. I wanted to stay another night but my husband had to return home for work. Next time I am in town we will stay here no doubt! Thank You so much!! Shout out to Jacob and Veronica thank you for going above and beyond to accommodate my needs. Yall made me feel better after the airlines lost my luggage....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Faythe2014
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
It is always a treat to read how our exceptional staff served our guests. Thank you for your review and for recognizing Jacob and Veronica. Both are awesome at what they do and we are proud to have them as part of our guest services. We hope that you will have an opportunity to visit again and for longer. Hopefully, you will have better luck with luggage but fortunately San Diego's largest and best mall is only one mile away just in case.