“Awsome Service!!!!”

Kings Inn San Diego
Ranked #27 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed at The King Inn for two nights and loved it!!!!!! The rooms where a bit small but location and service from staff at front desk made up for it... Vero at the front desk is awesome and so helpful.. And dont forget to have breakfast at the Waffle Spot. They have the best waffles ever!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

It is always great to read how guests enjoyed their stay at Kings Inn, but we are most proud when we read how the service of our staff make the difference. Thank you for recognizing Veronica for her service. We hope you will have new opportunities to return to San Diego and to stay at Kings Inn.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,427)

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

My family of three stayed at Kings Inn for two nights (a Thursday and Friday). I am a planner and researcher at heart so I did allot of looking around before booking our stay here. We were in San Diego for Sea World (which is only 6 minutes away!) and then we went to Disneyland on the way home so I was looking for something reasonably priced but still nice. This hotel was both. We checked in a little before 10pm, the office was nice and welcoming. The man at the front desk was very friendly and he upgraded our rooms to right by the pool! The rooms were very comfy, the bathroom is on the smaller side but this place is a hotel, not an apartment complex, it served its purpose and really if you're on vacation how much time are you spending in the room? My husband said he hadn't slept so well in a long time, the beds were amazing! The pool looked very nice and every morning we woke up there were people cleaning it. My husband and I are smokers so I appreciated the designated smoking area. I also felt this was good for nonsmokers, there wasn't a bunch of people in random places blowing smoke all over the place! I didn't use the Wi-Fi personally but my daughter was able to watch Netflix on her tablet with no problem. There are two restaurants connected to the office, we ate at both. I had the bacon waffle at the Waffle Spot and I am still thinking about it! Paula was our server and she was awesome! We ate at the Amigo Spot after getting in from Sea World, our eyes were bigger then our stomachs but the atmosphere was good and the mariachi band came to our table and sang our daughters request (twinkle twinkle little star). You also get coupons to use at both places for being a guest which I thought was really awesome. Parking is good and FREE! I would recommend this hotel and if we are ever in San Diego again I won't be looking for a hotel, I'll just book this one!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are glad you were comfortable and that you found our smoking patio convenient as all rooms are nonsmoking at Kings Inn. We have added new seating and lounging couches there and it seems to be a hit with all guests. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The staff here was wonderful. I have never had a stay where the people were so kind and pleasant. This motel is clean and accommodating. I will always stay here whenever I am in San Diego. My family loved the pool and the location is close to many restaurants, stores and attractions. Safe, Clean location. Staff is excellent!!

Room Tip: I requested a ground level, open to the pool room, as my family loves the pool. there are several en...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

We are very excited to know that Kings Inn will be your hotel of choice whenever you return to San Diego. Thank you for your kind review and for sharing your tips about poolside rooms. only around 20% of our rooms are directly poolside (1st and 2nd floor) but we have plans to expand the pool area and transform it to a mini oasis that will be fun for kids and adults. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I spent lots of time researching a hotel in San Diego and I thought Kings Inn was perfect for our budget as well as location. Newly remodeled rooms and nice pool for the kids as well. Would stay there again for sure. Also had dinner at the Amigo Spot which we enjoyed, but did not eat at the Waffle Spot (always packed)

Stayed: August 2014

We are happy you found us. Thank you for trying our Amigo Spot during your stay. Yes, the Waffle Spot has a huge following locally as well as with tourists and waits can occur but in San Diego, most breakfast spots encounter this regularly. We like our brunches here. We hope you will have another opportunity to visit and to try our fantastic waffles.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Good value, a/c worked, bed was comfortable, coffee machine, room looked to have been recently refurbished, shower was good, it was quiet as we were away from the pool. In hot weather the pool is very popular with everyone. The breakfast Waffle House was massively busy and had good food. The bar and restaurant on the other side was also very friendly and had a great menu. The wifi when we were there was a little patchy but I saw the manager desperately trying to get it fixed and he was most apologetic.
Only downer was no lift so when on the 2nd floor with cases it was a bit of a pain.

Room Tip: Keep away from the pool if you aren't going to use it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of installing new cables for our WiFi access points (12 total) throughout the hotel property. During this growth process not all access points have been fully functional. We apologize if this posed any major challenges.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had so much fun, i went there for my birthday and they made me feel so welcome and comfortable. My friends i invited had the most greatest time there and enjoyed every minute of it. We didn't wanna leave when we had to check out. The food was wonderful and soooo good, the waffles and pancakes were yummy.

• Stayed: August 2014

We are happy you enjoyed your Sweet 16 getaway at Kings Inn. It was an honor having you, your mom and your friends here to celebrate. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to see you back for other occasions.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We booked the hotel after reading trip advisor reviews. Sadly disappointed with the overall stay.
The room was clean but unfortunately we had ants in our room on a daily basis.
My son is 6 foot so showering was difficult in the small bathroom.
On a plus, the staff were really pleasant and helped organise a surprise for our anniversary which was really nicely done.
We booked for the budget price but really could have stayed somewhere nicer for the same.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We are sorry you were not completely happy with your stay at Kings Inn during your three week visit to the U.S. last month. Our goal is always to balance comfort, service, cleanliness and value in meeting the needs of our guests and we apologize that in regards to comfort and value you felt slighted but are happy that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and also the service provided by our staff. We appreciate your stay and your review.