“well maintained busy hotel”

Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
Ranked #43 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Given the location, this hotel is busy with convention attendees. The customer service is excellent and the Marina kitchen produced some excellent food. Quite a few good choices of restaurants a the nearby Gaslamp Quarters.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Exec0410, General Manager at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

I appreciate being able to share your kind words with our Hosts about the level of service they provided during your stay and the good food in our Marina Kitchen. Thank you, Tuni

Write a ReviewReviews (4,085)

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Right on the harbor the views are spectacular. Boats the pool. Roy's restaurant on site. Nice touches. But crowded with convention goers. Restaurant is decent although we were set at the back and did not feel like we were even in the restaurant. Service was ok but far from the best I've experienced. Had the turkey pot pie. A good comfort food. Little bland but turkey was tasty. Parking was not fun. Self park is far away from the entrances and if yiu arrive late beware u have to climb a flight I stairs to gain entrance not easy if u have luggage. Overall an adequate stay. Would not stay for more than a night or two.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 26 November 2013

What a disappointment. I ordered their breakfast and went to the restaurant to pick it up. When I got back to my room I saw that my over medium eggs were cooked all the way through:(. Then when we went back for lunch my chicken noodle soup was so salty I couldn't finish it. My husband received Luke warm squash soup and soggy over dressed salad. Such a great location and a yummy looking menu- get it together marina kitchen- your prices are pretty steep and your food should reflect that.

• Stayed: November 2013

I am sorry to hear that your dining experience was not up to the level that we both expect. I have shared your comments with the Director of Food and Beverage and Chef for review and follow-up to ensure that we keep a constant eye on the quality of our food, taste, presentation. Thank you for sharing your comments and I hope that you will consider trying our Marina Kitchen once again on your next visit to San Diego. Kind regards, Tuni

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I recently spent three days at this beautiful hotel and the customer service actually outshined the beautiful location and facilities. Lots of good places to eat at reasonable prices. the beds were a plus very comfortable with lots of great pillows. spotless to say the least with all of the employees smiling and friendly and at your service. wish we had more time to stay.

Room Tip: bayview rooms are excellent but City view awesome as well
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I am not often impressed by the quality of hotels, especially major chain hotels. This Marriott is top notch, state of the art. Everything is bright and clean, all the details are thought out. The restaurant/bar area is lively yet classy. The gym is outstanding. Room is nice with great view of the harbor.
The only small items which are barely worth menitoning is that the windows could be cleaner (as I said, I'm a tough critic), the shower pressure better (water is a commodity in San Diego). But those are really minor compared with the amenities.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I booked and paid for an ocean view but on checking in I was told no ocean view room was available; as I booked this room 3 months earlier this was just wrong!
This is a large convention type hotel; too commercial for my tastes.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I appreciate that you chose our hotel for your business trip to San Diego. We try to honor room type requests whenever possible. I am sorry that we did not speak during your stay. A member of my office will be reaching out to you directly so that we can investigate what fell through in the assignment of your room. Kind regards, Tuni

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel! The convenience to the convention center is amazing. Plus this property is in walking distance to the Gas Lamp and other parts of downtown SD! If you are luck enough to get a room with a view of the Marina... Sit back and just take in the sites! All and I mean all the staff was very friendly and accommodating! Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business