“Location and Overall Beautiful!”

Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
Ranked #44 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I am a big fan of Marriott's, this lived up to expectations, wonderful views, beautiful pool, and great location... its slightly outside of the busy gas lamp district but close enough to walk there and have fun. All aspects of this hotel were great, the fact that I even dropped my phone in the pool, had to get it replaced, and still had fun says ALOT.

Room Tip: Get the Newer tower rooms, they have balcony's!! Either way you look its either the bay or the c...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were there for my spouse's business trip (it is next to the convention center) but it was a great location for a vacation, too. You can walk numerous places and the view is magnificent. There is a jogging trail right outside the hotel...convenient even if you have limited time before a meeting. Room was large and comfortable. The Hop-on-Hop-Off Trolley stops right in front, very handy! One small warning...traffic can get heavy at certain times in the circle in front of the lobby. A friend was picking me up to take me to dinner on Saturday night--there was NO way he could have pulled in the drive in front of the hotel. No problem, though, I just waited on the street and he pulled up there.

Room Tip: We were lucky to get a room on the 25th floor...fabulous view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Nice accommodations and within walking distance to the Gas Lamp district and shopping along the marina. Pool area was renovated and is very nice. The only place we stay while in San Diego and plan to visit often.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently spent a weekend in San Diego with long-time girlfriends, and we stayed at the Marriott Marquis. While I initially thought it was a little pricey, I soon realized the benefits it offered. We could walk to so many places -- Seaport Village, Gaslamp District and others -- and it was convenient to take the small ferry over to Coronado. We had a great view along with a small balcony -- all perfect to enjoy the weather. We had enough room to sit on the balcony and enjoy wine and snacks before going out. The staff members were all attentive, professional and very pleasant. If you want to be near the water and other sites in San Diego, this is a perfect hotel.

Room Tip: It appears that only one tower has all balcony rooms; I would request that tower.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank PEGGY A
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is exceptional!! The staff was so attentive, courteous and helpful! We stayed for 6 nights and I didn't want to leave. I loved everything about this hotel. The location is great. Very short walk to the convention center or the Gas lamp district. We had a weather issue at home and we needed to stay for an extra day - believe me I wasn't upset by that - but the staff were great at accommodating us because of our situation.

All of the restaurants in the hotel are really good. The majority of our stay we ate on site - breakfast, lunch and dinner - and we were not disappointed. I was attending a conference and all of the food that the hotel provided for our group was also really good. I was beyond impressed. I loved the huge inside bar area. There were plenty of tables and a few really big lounge areas where you could sit and chat, drink, eat or watch TV. It was very comfortable place to meet up and relax. There was also an outside bar with lots of seating near the pool. We spent several nights camped out near the bar drinking and eating. The pool was refreshing and very relaxing as well. The only thing I would have wanted was bar service at the pool. Maybe they had it but I didn't realize it.

I really can't say enough good things about this hotel! This would be the only place I'd want to stay in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank irishfaith
Reviewed 14 April 2014

When in San Diego there is really only ONE Hotel that one should stay!!

This is one of my most favorite Marriott Hotels in the States. Why? Let me list the top reasons for this statement:

1. The hotels location is one of the top in San Diego. Right on the Bay over looking the SD / Coronado Bridge with a great Marina below and walking distance to both the famous Gas Light District; SD Convention Center and the new Padres Stadium!!

2. Reception is fast and professional with special lines for the Elite Marriott members.

3. Rooms are extremely large and well stocked. Great for a solid nights sleep.

4. The Concierge Service is very knowledgeable and always at your service. Mr. Mark Yovanovich has helped me in every aspect to make my vacation a remember-able experience.

5. The Marina Kitchen Restaurant & Bar...for a really great meal this is the place to enjoy the best taste in all of San Diego.

6. Finally, the Sommelier, Mr. Joshua Orr has a great wine selection at his command. His knowledge is second-to-none and a real treat to talk to and I suggest use his choice...

The only "challenge" at the Marriott Marquis is they close the Executive Lounge on the weekends!! My only wish for all top US Marriott Properties is to resend this old policy and have the access to this great lounge seven (7) days per week!!

Never less this is still the best hotel available today in San Diego...

Room Tip: I like the Water Views and of course a high floor!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ThomasfromDamascus
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Did some research before choosing this hotel. Very close and convent to the Convention Center, Petco Park, and Gas Lamp District. We were able to walk to a Nordstrom's to purchase a few forgotten items and pick up a 6 pack at Ralphs all within a short distance. Loved the resort feel of the pool and Tequila bar. Ate and drank by the fire pits than moved up to the Marina restaurant for the late night. You don't have to leave the property if you choose not to everything is there for a great time

Room Tip: Spring for the Marina view with balcony
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business