First Impression: Crowded lobby with a cloying scent infiltrating the air; no place to sit as the registration line gets longer; helpful and patient staff.
Concierge Lounge: Crowded...kids, kids, kids!
Room: Clean and comfortable; great view of the bay; extremely thin walls.
Food: Decent ($$$); no traditional room service - food brought to room in "Eco-Friendly" bags w/an $8.00 delivery fee! Or use the under-staffed and inefficient cafeteria style Exchange ( waited in line 5+ minutes to purchase 2 bottles of water).
Pool: Lovely. Unfortunately, too many people go early to 'save' seats and then leave. Small area in comparison to the number of rooms and guests.
Bar area is, again, under-staffed and small, given the capacity of the hotel. ( Each evening we were there, we had to clear our own area of dishes and glasses and ask/wait to have them removed.)
Over-All Impression: Cannot believe this is rated a Category 6 Marriott!
For a 'Category 6' experience, stay at the adjacent Hyatt (same great view and location).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak up the sun in style at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Unique to other downtown San Diego hotels, Marriott provides an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation with luxury guest rooms, 280,000 square feet of meeting space and a 446-slip marina. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our San Diego hotel in downtown is at the center of many popular attractions including Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, SeaWorld(R) San Diego & LEGOLAND(R) California. Experience grand service and thoughtful amenities during your stay with exceptional dining options, a resort-style pool with cabanas and a bar, spa and state-of-the-art fitness center. Relax at the end of the day in well-appointed guest rooms featuring plush bedding, the latest technology and breathtaking views of San Diego Bay. No matter what kind of getaway you're craving, our luxury hotel in downtown San Diego delivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Marriott, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- Marriott San Diego