4,410 results
All reviews north tower seaport village convention center tequila bar the concierge lounge pool area coronado island self parking city view within walking distance the gas lamp district large hotel balcony room gaslamp quarter room service beautiful hotel petco park
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I arrived and planned on self parking but the parking machine was jammed. So since I couldn’t park there I was forced to valet, for $50! How parking isn’t included in the room fee baffles me.
Then I get to my room and the key doesn’t work. He’s to wait 15 mins for someone to let me in, then go wait in line again to get a new key.
They didn’t do anything to make up for my crappy experience.
And their food sucks.
Don’t stay here. There are many better hotels in downtown San Diego.
Only plus is big pool for kids to swim in.

Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Freedom599907,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodation needs. We are committed to offering every one of our guests an exceptional stay, and we apologize for your disappointment with our parking options, as well as for the issue you encountered with your room key. We are always looking for ways we can improve, and we will take your feedback into account. We hope to have the opportunity to make a much better impression on a future stay.

Reviewed 14 January 2019 via mobile

I am a lifetime Marriott platinum member and have stayed at Marriott hotels around the world. Hotel location is outstanding as are all the hotel amenities.
Don’t like they charge you $25 per day and try and make you believe they are giving you $100+ in other features. Outside of the $10 Starbucks credit the odds of using the other things are slim.
Very few Marriotts have this extra charge and they really offer nothing of value for it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 639charliea
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear 639charliea,

Thank you for choosing Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. We are glad you liked our ideal location and also enjoyed our hotel facilities. However, we are sorry for your disappointment with our charges. Thank you again for being loyal to our brand, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2019 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here before and they deliver consistency, comfortable room and great service. Not a fan of charging for internet in a $250 night room..just add it in the price.. It is free if you are a Marriott Rewards member but I did not renew do to security breach.
Only complaint about room is provide bottled water..either complimentary or for purchase.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2019

Dear Ottissmithjr,

Thank you for being loyal to our brand and for choosing Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina once again. We are glad you liked your comfortable room along with the breathtaking views and that you were also impressed with our attentive service. We anticipate you to renew your rewards membership as guest data is absolutely secured with us. Thank you once more, and we look forward to welcoming you both again soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

I always feel like they do as much as they can to make the guests feel welcome. The rooms are really nice the amenities are well laid out and accessible and service is almost always very good. I've had room service several times and feel like it could be higher quality but the rest of the resort does a great job and every aspect. This is my girl 2 place to stay when in San Diego and of now made it a quarterly trip because of the consistent service and nice comfortable rooms. Location is also great to all the downtown activities and great views from most every room into the bay

Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2019

Dear Bob C,

Thank you for being our guest at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. We are glad you liked everything we offer and thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you again for your kind comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for another amazing experience.

Reviewed 12 January 2019

This is a really great location right on the marina and within easy walking distance of the Gaslamp Quarter. Service is very good and the staff is friendly and helpful. Marina views from the upper floors are terrific but frankly, the city views look pretty good as well. Trolley service is available just across Harbor Drive. You can get your shoes shined in the lobby of the south tower. Business travelers take note: the property charges a $25/night "destination fee" that provides access to amenities that are largely useless to business travelers.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2019

Dear ALocksley,

Thank you for choosing Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. We are glad you liked most aspects of our hotel and were especially with our convenient location. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.