“wow”

Ranked #110 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great location and excellent service! Trina from the front desk was so nice and helpful our room was clean and really nice. I will definitely stay here next time the only complaint I had was that I didn't have anything to complain about.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley! Thank you for your positive comments on the great location, our excellent service, and your clean and comfortable rooms. We look forward to passing your positive comments along. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here as a business trip and did not disappoint – rooms are very nice, property in great shape and ease to get to/from downtown if not traveling during rush hour. Nice pool area and was extensively used by hotel guests during our stay – on site self-park close to the hotel $18/day) or you can pay to Valet. Gym was a little small for the size of the hotel and there are no restaurants within walking distance from the hotel so you will need a car – there is a very nice restaurant/bar on property which was uses by the guests.

Rooms – bed was comfortable and large pillows. Bathroom was standard tub/shower combo with ample hot water. Did not use wifi as charged if not a Marriott preferred member. Check in/out easy and front desk staff extremely accommodating. Will stay here again when in town and cannot get good room rates downtown San Diego.

Tip – if having to go downtown San Diego, we used some side streets (turned on Washington St. off of Highway) and missed the rush-hour traffic as we worked our way into the city and along the water. Also found numerous restaurants in some very trendy places along the way.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley! Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We appreciate your positive comments on everything from our nice rooms, to our location, to our dining options. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to San Diego.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here on business as it was close to my meeting location. I was very pleased with the excellent service from check-in to check-out. The front desk agent who checked me in couldn't have been nicer and was extremely accommodating in finding me a room that met all my needs. The room was quiet, clean and roomy. Plenty of space for my laptop and paperwork. The bed was super-comfortable. They have a very nice concierge lounge which was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley! We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the excellent service throughout your stay. We appreciate your positive comments on the accommodations, the clean and spacious room, and our concierge lounge. We look forward to passing along your kind comments. We appreciate the time you have taken to share a review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family stayed here with my daughters soccer team. The girls had a lot of fun. The pool is nice and spacious. There was a small scavenger hunt the girls participated in that was put on by the hotel. They really loved that. Also, one of the employees brought complementary fruit around for snacking. The hotel also left out complementary fruit punch and fruit infused water. This was great since it was so hot outside. All the employees were very nice and professional.

Only downfall was we had 4 people and requested the 2 doubles, but got the King with a day bed. We were kinda cramped. Our reservation did warn us of this though, and I expected it since we booked last minute. I was really happy that the hotel gave us complementary parking since they could not accommodate our request. It was really nice of them to do that.

The hotel also has a shopping mall and Starbucks within a 15 minute walk.

I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I would simply recommend to book early.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad that the girls had fun with the scavenger hunt and that you all enjoyed the refreshments. Thank you for the kind words about our staff and location as well, and for your understanding of our room availability. We hope to have a chance to host you in San Diego again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family and I went there on July 4th weekend. This was my second time staying at this hotel. The reason why I went back was because I had such a good experience last time I was there. Clean room, friendly staff and a nice concierge lounge. Unfortunately the lounge was closed both days we were there this time (instead they gave us a breakfast coupon for 2). The first time I was there as a Gold elite Marriott member, they offered me extra points and free parking because they were unable to offer me a room upgrade. This time, not so lucky...none of that was given even when asked. I guess I should not complain but appreciate the extraordinary experience I had the previous time.

I wanted to mention Jorge who served at the restaurant during breakfast was very friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Higher floor for a better view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hi Rose,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us on TripAdvisor - we sincerely appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff. We're glad Jorge was able to make your breakfast more enjoyable.

Your satisfaction is a priority to us, and we apologize for being unable to meet your requested accommodations. Thank you for your honest feedback as it helps us to better serve you in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

nice hotel with good location. staff very helpful. good sized rooms. very clean. nice gym and pool. reasonably priced for a marriot in san diego. good location with a large amount of stores and restaurants nearby. 20 minutes from beach or airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, from our convenient location to our helpful staff. We always appreciate hearing positive feedback from our guests, and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

What a great hotel-facilities, service, location, but most of all the people! Reasonable, fun, and local. Check it out!

We have to mention Raymond, Katie, Alex, and Dana up front;great food and service from Carol in the restaurant; nice folks out on at the pool, spotless rooms...

They all spoiled us!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Mission Valley for your recent getaway! We could not be happier to hear about your wonderful stay. We are particularly glad to know that you experienced our outstanding guest services, something we take great pride in. We hope to have the pleasure of your return one day soon for an equally enjoyable stay!