“stay away if you can afford it; worn out”

Mission Valley Resort
Ranked #245 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel was worn out; location is OK (if you have a car) and there is a restaurant (cheap, nothing special) but facilities were poor. No fridge, old and worn out bathroom and carpet etc. And you need to be lucky with your neighboors, since you will hear them lood and clear.. Wifi was good. I have no comparison with other hotels, but would be willing to spend a few more bucks to try something else next time

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank RoP1963

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Hard bed, walls need paint, location good, near freeway, trash not picked up daily on the steps to the room, bathroom tiny, tub chipped, one person at desk nice, one was indifferent and rude. Bed looked like it was thrown together by a child, not made by a professional. Lights old and falling apart.

Room Tip: I was in room 751. It needs a carpet, bathtub, good deep cleaning, wall paint.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We booked this hotel blindly after our flight was canceled. Upon arriving at the hotel I just knew it was a mistake. After going into the room, I was so depressed. If you don't care about where you stay, this place is for you. I just didn't feel safe or as though I would want to take a shower, undress, or sleep in this place. Thankfully I will say they were nice enough to give us our money back and we found some place else; the only reason I gave 2 stars.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The room smelled when we came in. The comforters smelled like it hadn't been washed in years. I can handle a smelly comforter but the worst of it all is that the room wasn't cleaned well that I found someone elses thong at the corner of the bed thinking it was one of the kids socks. I don't recommend anyone staying here Just think it could be one of your kids finding it.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Odet27
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Rooms are extremely dirty and old. Service is severely lacking. The pictures are not representative at all by any stretch of imgagination how run down the property really is. There are so many great hotels in San Diego. Please do yourself a favor and book your stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank dontbullyme
Reviewed 4 February 2014

No hot water. The desk sent a maintenance person....assured us there would be hot water in the morning so we stayed. No hot water in the morning! Asked for our money back.....desk said to call Expedia.......The first two calls to Expedia resulted in denial from Mission Resort to refund our nights stay......I called Chris myself.......Expedia then called Chris and finally we got a refund. ALSO! the TV barely worked...the drapes were off their tracks, furniture banged up, the tub wouldn't drain as we ran the cold water hoping it would get warm, the sheets were sooo thin, and the lock on the door was ....iffy at best.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen L
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Been staying in hotels throughout San Diego while on relocation the last 5 months. I found the bottom. Cheap rate but paying dearly; won't walk barefoot in the room; funk odors, no weather seal on front door and thin windows, dude is coughing next door and sounds like he is coughing on me. Funk spilled on the wall paper next to the bed. Bed looks like, never mind. This is bad. Have nothing good to say about this place except the parking.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business