“Dont waste your money”

Ranked #243 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“Dont waste your money”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Worst hotel ever! I paid for several nights and on the last night of stay they locked me out of the room. They stated because I had extended my stay (which means I actually enjoyed the stay) they locked me out (even though I paid)! My card had to be reset every night! Dont waste your money! If you want a shower that pours out like a dog peeing on you you have it. Housekeeping arrives at 8:00 am when check out is 11:00 and asking you when you are leaving. Not to mention the dirty socks left under the bed from the previous occupant.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank greene5200

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Turkish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Although the hotel has a nice appearance from the exterior, looks can be deceiving! Guest rooms are dirty, beds are old, soft, TV didn't work, phone was broken, bedding was dirty...need I say more? The restaurant was decent, tho service is slow. They said that the only hotel transportation was a private cab, but as the cab was picking me up I noticed one of those blue commercial airport shuttles sitting in the parking lot.
If you need a cheap place and are willing to put up with some dirt and filth in your guest room, you can survive here. I didn't see any bugs! I did stay two nights as my meeting was at the hotel and I didn't really have a choice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank becky472014
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel was worn out; location is OK (if you have a car) and there is a restaurant (cheap, nothing special) but facilities were poor. No fridge, old and worn out bathroom and carpet etc. And you need to be lucky with your neighboors, since you will hear them lood and clear.. Wifi was good. I have no comparison with other hotels, but would be willing to spend a few more bucks to try something else next time

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank RoP1963
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Hard bed, walls need paint, location good, near freeway, trash not picked up daily on the steps to the room, bathroom tiny, tub chipped, one person at desk nice, one was indifferent and rude. Bed looked like it was thrown together by a child, not made by a professional. Lights old and falling apart.

Room Tip: I was in room 751. It needs a carpet, bathtub, good deep cleaning, wall paint.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Rego Park, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We booked this hotel blindly after our flight was canceled. Upon arriving at the hotel I just knew it was a mistake. After going into the room, I was so depressed. If you don't care about where you stay, this place is for you. I just didn't feel safe or as though I would want to take a shower, undress, or sleep in this place. Thankfully I will say they were nice enough to give us our money back and we found some place else; the only reason I gave 2 stars.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The room smelled when we came in. The comforters smelled like it hadn't been washed in years. I can handle a smelly comforter but the worst of it all is that the room wasn't cleaned well that I found someone elses thong at the corner of the bed thinking it was one of the kids socks. I don't recommend anyone staying here Just think it could be one of your kids finding it.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Odet27
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Rooms are extremely dirty and old. Service is severely lacking. The pictures are not representative at all by any stretch of imgagination how run down the property really is. There are so many great hotels in San Diego. Please do yourself a favor and book your stay elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2013