Motel 6 San Diego Hotel Circle- Mission Valley
Ranked #215 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Surf City, North Carolina
“Ripped off”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Checked into the hotel and told the rooms were 89,00 dollars a night for one person. No AARP discount or any other discount. When I went to check out I was charged $89.00 for the first night and the second night was $140.00. I don't get it. There was no negotiation and I was [--]. The hotel itself was not a top quality hotel and there was loud noise throughout the night. Lots of kids hanging out in front of the hotel. Not good a experience for top dollar. Buyer be ware.....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
West Covina, California
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The room
I paid for was gross, I took the comforter off and pulled down the sheet. Yuck.
There were numerous hairs on the sheets. The sheets smelled like smoke and sweat.

The hotel would only credit me with 20% off the total. They apologized but refused to credit for
The $123.00 room cost. Avoid this place!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I live in San Diego. We had to be out of our home one night and I didn't feel like paying $180 to sleep in a bed for 8 hours. We used an online booking site and found that Motel 6 offered one of the lowest rates in the city. Obviously, Motel 6 is not a 5-star motel, so I am evaluating this for the value of the room (I paid $59). The rooms are clean, sparingly furnished; TV is small, linens are thin; but the location is stellar (right close to downtown, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo). It is right along a busy highway, so you might want to ask for a room in the tower, furthest from the freeway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower because the hotel is built right along a busy highway. The tower sites...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Springville, Utah
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This was a last minute nightmare,my husband had to get us into something and omg even he was angry about the place it's a run down place with dirty smelly carpet,beds that hurt even someone who's young. No amenities like a fridge,microwave,even after we requested it. My husband felt like he was in a prison,that's just what the place reminds him of. They should upgrade the place,new carpet,new towels,every towel they have is stained. I think their cleaning staff needs to kick it into high gear and start scrubbing the place down.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 San Diego Hotel Circle- Mission Valley, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear shelly1973 - We apologize for your unpleasant stay and the odor, cleanliness and towel conditions you encountered during your stay. These issues are not consistent with our quality standards. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Ashton
Reviewed 3 August 2013

the room was clean and had plenty of space to fit my family and all of our luggage the beds were not the best in the world but very comfortable. we didnt have a chance to check out the pool. its an older property but nicely taken care of. super easy to find right off the i8.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Overton, Nevada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Wow, was this place was bad from start to finish. First let me say that I stay at Motel 6 establishments often. They are decent rooms at decent prices without any extras. But this place was awful.
We were a large party in several rooms and we had made reservations to all be next to each other but when we went to check in one of party had been put far way and we had to argue to get her a room near the rest of us.
The rooms smelled bad, musky-like. The carpet was old, stained and really gross. The blankets on the beds were really old and worn out. The elevator took FOREVER, plus it smelled like someone had peed in it. The room walls were thin and you could hear everything. Furniture and room appliances were very bare bones; no coffee, no table, no chairs, no hair dyer, not enough towels (which were old and nasty), no Wifi, no iron, no clock, no nothing!
There was also all this 'security' when we checked in. Having to have our cars matched up with our rooms and check our licenses and such. This was far more annoying then it was helpful. Especially when we actually wanted security and they failed to be useful. Right outside our window was a group of men in their car drinking alcohol and blaring really loud music. I expected security to take care of that right away but when nothing happened I called the office and complained to which they said it would be taken care of right away. 30 minutes later nothing happens. The men finally finish their beers and leave.
Now this is what really pissed me off the most. We had our baby girl with us. Once in our room I called the office to get a crib, the guy said they didn't have cribs. I was shocked and hung up. I'd never heard of any motel/hotel not having at least a travel crib available. So we discussed what to do and I called again to ask for some extra sheets and blankets to make her a bed on the floor for her. I talked to a lady this time who said that they DID have cribs and she would send one up. Oookay. So we wait 2 hours and finally call agin when no crib has shown up. She says that she send it up now. So we get a crib but no sheet for it. So I call again and she says that she is too busy and she wants me to come down and get sheet from the front office. So I do and once there she hands me a blanket and says "I don't have any extra sheets here. Do you really need a sheet?" I give her that are-you-crazy-of course-my-baby-needs-a-sheet look and she says she will get someone to find a sheet and send it up. They do get a sheet to us and is for a queen size bed but we manage to make it work.
I'm not a picky motel guest at all, but this place sucks! Plus it was over priced!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 San Diego Hotel Circle- Mission Valley, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear RacheAnne - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We apologize for the odor issues and disturbances you experienced during your recent stay, and in particular, the quality of service you received. Being a frequent Motel 6 traveler, you know that this is not consistent with our standard for service quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The whole place smells of a strong disinfectant used to mask urine at a Vets office. It was the only thing available at the last minute for the 4th of July and I can see why. DON'T stay here. OLD broken down motel with NO amenities whatsoever, not even a freaking clock in the room. Old OLD furniture falling apart patched with mismatched formica, old fashioned 20" TV with a remote that didnt work. NO water pressure in the shower or lavatory, airplanes have better water pressure. The elevators were out of inspection by almost a year, one of them shook so violently on take off and landing that I spilled my coffee all over my shirt, the other one rattled and the lights buzzed on and off when taking off...really did seem like a movie set. Almost $400.00 for 3 nights in the retched place. The wifi is weak and the price is PER device per day not per room so everyone in the room has to pay or you'll have to share. You will have to bring or buy shampoo and anything else needed as the only thing they provide is a small bar of soap. You will not like staying here, don't do it. It HAS to be the worst hotel in the entire San Diego area....it really could not be any worse.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family