“Remodeled Rooms BUT Lack of Amenities”

Motel 6 San Diego Hotel Circle- Mission Valley
Ranked #226 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The rooms in this hotel have been updated and have a fresh "hip" look and at night there is security controlling who can and can't park at the hotel. This is an upscale Motel 6! Where I rate them down is in the lack of amenities..... No blow dryer, no shampoo, no conditioner...... Really? Just two little bars of soap? For the price per night these simple things should be included! They also charge for internet.

Room Tip: Ask for the building in the back away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here 2 nights in the back by the parking garage I was pleased how big and clean the rooms were the bad is its a 3 story and its a walk from parking to rooms then down a corridor but there is a elevator almost like a apartment

Room Tip: Back area by parking Garage
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We were down in SD for a football tournament and booked this hotel as a group. Not only did I receive poor service but so did the 8 others in my group. The staff was rude the cleaning staff did not do their job we had asked several times for toilet paper and clean towels to no avail we had to go downstairs to the front desk to get it ourselves. My personal room had a broken door frame broken TV frame the hot water never came on. I paid for 4 nights wi-fi service and it never worked. We were treated as criminals when we came back in from our game at night by their supposed security guard. They lined up as if we were in a DUI checkpoint extending traffic dangerously out into the street. He was very rude and not only did he not do his actual job he felt the need to lock us out of our room because our door was propped open as we went and got ice. When we expressed our concerns and complaints to management all we received was an I'm sorry. It wasn't until the third person in our group went to complain and finally got so fed up and asked for the corporate phone information did a "manager" emerge from the office with a lackadaisical what can I do for you. I would have to day that this was the absolute worst hotel o have ever stayed in in my life and that is saying a lot as a travel quite frequently in my line of work.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jennifer J
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Rather than drive home one evening, we made decided to stay in the area. Not wanting to spend a lot, we chose the Motel 6, and truthfully....should have just made the drive home. When you walk into the room for the first time, it feels like walking into an Ikea showroom. That in itself is not necessarily a bad thing. It was the complete disregard from the front desk. I don't believe I have ever waited as long to be assisted or even acknowledged while the person was five feet away. After waiting what was an awkward amount of time, and flashing a couple smiles as she looked up, she finally walked over. I almost felt bad for pulling her away from whatever important duties she was in the middle of. The first impression really left a black mark on the. At the very least, we were able to get an idea of the establishment so we don't make a mistake of recommending family or friends, regardless of what budget they may be on. There are plenty of other viable options in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

newly upgraded rooms look beautiful, the staff was courteous the atmosphere was heavy. the old manager would come out and greet new arrivals, the new one is seldom seen.
The old general manager has been promoted and a succesion of replacements
cannot measure up to his caliber.
new and bright on the outside, but the heart has been torn out.
staff is courteous, rooms are clean, OK for short stays

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Once we got the key card to our room we opened the door and realized the room was occupied. The people weren't there but we had access to someone else's room. THEY GAVE US KEYS TO SOMEONE ELSE'S ROOM! Unacceptable!

We stayed only because every other hotel in the area was booked.

We went to attend a wedding... Coming back (12 midnight) to our motel we got stopped by what looked like a sobriety check point at the Motel 6 parking lot. I could not believe it!!! Motel 6 took a head count of how many people were in the car compared to how many people checked in!!! They wanted IDs from all three of us. They made my tired brother go in and register and pay more for the additional person.

I will never again use a Motel 6. Poor security, poor guest service and they make you feel uninvited.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor of the 4 story building that way you don't have to hear people walki...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank romeknight
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The management is lazy, the security is horrible. We stayed while apartment hunting and almost every night they're was someone argueing and screaming in one of the rooms, security never did anything about it even after calling multiple times to complain. I only stayed here due to its pet policy. The rooms themselves weren't terrible and were pretty clean but they had no hot water most of the time and there was always a pump running somewhere which constantly woke us up in the middle of the night. My opinion is to find another motel 6 if need be. Ive stayed at a few in and around San Diego and I have to say this is the worst so far.

• Stayed: April 2014