Ocean Park Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Tower23 Hotel(San Diego)
  • Free Internet
Pacific View Inn(San Diego)
  • Pool
Diamond Head Inn(San Diego)
View Hotel
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
Beach Haven(San Diego)
1,090 results
All reviewsocean frontlifeguard stationunderground parkingpartial view roomcontinental breakfastcrystal pierpool and hot tubhomeless peopleperfect locationwithin walking distancebeach towelshear the wavesboogie boardsyogurthard boiled eggsthird floorwaffle maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We travel as a family to SoCal at least once a year, and I like to stay on the beach in San Diego when we're there. It was a bit last minute and my first two choices I'd liked in the past were booked, so I tried the Ocean Park Inn. I booked an oceanfront room for three nights. We checked in fairly late, and I was pleased with the secure garage parking and the size of the room.

However, when we began to get ready for bed, my husband pulled back the covers and we found that the sheets (of the perfectly made bed) were dirty. And I mean dirty as in menstrual blood smears and hair.

Honestly, if it hadn't been so late and we'd already unpacked into the room, I probably would have checked out, and my husband still wanted to. But I called down and explained to the front desk and asked for new sheets. Meanwhile we checked the other bed, which was fine. The clerk was very apologetic and helped us take the sheets off (had left them on to show him), we changed the bedding and we crashed for an uneasy night.

The next day we were able to appreciate the view and location, had breakfast (typical waffles, bagels, cereal etc), used the pool and went to the beach. The manager spoke to me when I went to the front desk, apologized again and said he'd discounted our rate for that night.

We ended up leaving a day early since the initial impression from the dirty bed was hard to shake and it was really a shame as the rest of our stay was good. However, when I'm paying close to $400 per night, I'd like to have a positive experience, and unfortunately that wasn't the case. A shame.

Room Tip: Beachfront is really nice, but pool view would have been good too.
Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Devon R
Mat R, Front Office Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, Devon.

From the entire staff here at the OPI, we apologize again for the freak issue you encountered while staying with us. Cleanliness is one of our fortes here, and it is often a quality of our property that adds to our extensive returning-customer fan base. That being said, new seasonal housekeepers are no excuse for this mistake. Not only is it unacceptable for travelers like yourself, it is also unacceptable by our standards. Upon hearing of this issue, immediate action was taken with the staff member that had readied your room.

It's unfortunate you were not able to fully enjoy the rest of your stay. I urge you to consider us again for your future stays in Pacific Beach, as you will not find more value in the area. I would also ask you to contact me directly for your next reservation.

We hope the rest of your time in San Diego was enjoyable!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

As a small business in San Diego, we often have clients or affiliates located in the Midwest who are more than eager to make the trip out to California to visit our offices. Recently, we had a new and very important partnership contact coming out, and we wanted to choose a great place for him and his wife to stay. We started looking into beachfront properties in locations that provided entertainment within walking distance, so that while we took up all of our contact’s time, his wife would be able to enjoy a quick vacation. We came across the Ocean Park Inn and immediately fell in love with the view and location. We called in to inquire about rates and booking a reservation, and spoke to Matt. He was incredibly helpful and informative throughout the process, and got us set up with the perfect room to WOW our new business associate. Anytime you’re booking a room for someone else it can be a bit of a hassle, but Matt made the process easy and quick.

The best part? Our expectations for the hotel delivered—and then some! Our business contact had an amazing time, and could not believe we put him up in such a nice hotel. His wife had a wonderful time exploring Pacific Beach while he was in our offices, so the location could not have been better. The front desk even helped them choose great places to eat and a dolphin-watching excursion during their stay. His check-in and out process was smooth, so there were no awkward conversations regarding payment. After seeing photos of the view from his balcony, even our office of native San Diegans were instantly jealous! There are definitely going to be a few staycations in the works.

You cannot beat the location or the service, and we’ll be happy to refer all of our visiting clients to the Ocean Park Inn. Thanks Matt and team for helping us to solidify a great partnership for our business. From one small business to another: GREAT JOB!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank S R
Mat R, Front Office Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

We're so happy to hear your business partner enjoyed his stay! Thank you for all the wonderful compliments, you were all a pleasure to work with. I look forward to assisting you with more reservations soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I do a good share of traveling and stayed here as a last minute situation. With the $405 night gouge, they really like taking advantage of weary travelers. The don't accept AAA or any other type of discount.

The best part of the room was the view of the boardwalk, but everything else was very average or below average for hotel accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank V D

Thank you for your feedback. Our prices are not meant to "take advantage of weary travelers" by any means. In fact, our rates are priced very strategically so we are neither the most expensive, nor the most affordable, property here in Pacific Beach. We set our rates so that we can confidently say that we offer the most value in town - no other property offers as many complimentary amenities and/or as affordable amenities as we do.

That being said, room prices on the beach are generally higher than elsewhere because our location is simply unbeatable. Not only is our location unbeatable in San Diego, but there are very few properties situated like ours in all of Southern California.

Lastly, prices during peak seasons, like spring break, will always be higher with the higher demand. We're disappointed you didn't find value in your stay with us, but you may find what you're looking for if you try again during the off-season when our rates go as low as $109!

Thanks again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

After spending a previous spring break at the Hilton Resort on Mission Bay, we decided to find a place on the ocean. The Ocean Park Inn was the perfect place for our family to stay. Based on reading other's reviews, we requested an upper floor ocean front room. The view from our room was fantastic and we even found enough space on the small balcony to enjoy a cold drink and watch the sunset.

The best part is the location. Being right on the boardwalk meant we barely used our rental car the entire trip. We walked north on the beach and explored the tide pools, we walked to lunch, we walked to dinner and were never bored walking south from the hotel.

If we are ever in San Diego again, Pacific Beach and the OPI is where we will stay.

Room Tip: Ocean front upper floor for the best views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rharlow

We're happy to hear you and the family enjoyed spring break with us! You're absolutely right about our location - there is so much to do within walking distance, but at the end of the day it's also nice just to enjoy the breeze and sunset from your balcony! Thanks for uploading some great pics as well - we'll see you next time.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed in 1st floor ocean view which is great!
Only issue is their WIFI which only works in the lobby - and the bandwidth is limited even with acceptable WiFi connection in the lobby.
I complained the first day, but it seems the hotel has accepted poor WIFI as they referred me to the lobby area.
TIP: I changed my WIFI to fixed IP in another range as assigned by their router (which I think is misconfigured) and that allowed me to use WIFI at my the room - only one dot and limited capacity, but at least I could use the WIFI at the room.

Room Tip: 1st floor ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jesperfrier

Thank you for the feedback! We are currently looking into alternatives to boost our WiFi strength throughout the hotel again. Stay tuned for updates on the situation. Thank you for staying with us!