“40th Birthday trip with my twin sister was awesome!”
Review of Ocean Park Inn

Ocean Park Inn
Ranked #24 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Sachin and Patrick provided us with great customer service! They made me and my sister feel at home every hour we were there. They recommended great restaurants, gave us VIP tickets, and we had a blast being right on the ocean. Great location! The view was to die for each night. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2010
SDMat, Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2010

We're all happy to hear you had such a great celebration! Sounds like you had an awesome opportunity to explore the town. Thanks for being such great fans of the hotel and our Facebook page!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed 12 April 2010

First let me say that I'm a pretty laid back guy, so I wasn't too alarmed to find the hotel undergoing some remodeling when we arrived--some people might be put off. But our ground-floor room was great and the staff, Sachin in particular, was informative and helpfull even before we had arrived by doing some research on who rented standup paddle boards.

Second, for a beach type vacation the value and location can't be beat whether surfing, swimming or just walking the boardwalk next to the beach.

I'll be back for more sun and sand!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Ocean park Inn was a wonderful stay for us. The rooms were roomy, clean, well appointed and the staff was very helpful. We also took advantage of the complimentary breakfast which included toast, bagels, pastries, cereals and fresh fruits. The value wasn't what i would call exceptional at $200 dollars a night after taxes and parking were thrown in - but I think it was WELL worth it with the fantastic beachside location and the proximity to restaurants and nightlife. I would recommend HIGHLY requesting a room that does not face the Firehouse (a nightclub of sorts that is across the way) Its extremely loud but we upgraded to the partial oceanview and slept peacefully. They are still going through renovations but it did not hinder our enjoyment at the very least. I would absolutely return to this hotel and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2010

After staying at a similar property down the boardwalk, we decided to check this hotel out, and we really enjoyed it! Great amenities for the price and location; the beach and surf right outside our partial ocean view room, nice pool and spa, and even with the renovation construction going on, we weren't bothered by any noise. We even found the neighbor restaurant to be very considerate. We plan on returning.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank designerladyTucson
Reviewed 2 April 2010

I stayed at Ocean Park Inn in 2008 and 2009. I walked up and down the boardwalk and I don't feel there is a better place to stay. I was on the 3rd floor with an ocean view each time. It is breathtaking at sunset.

The hotel was in the process of upgrades during my last stay. My room had not been updated yet - it was in dire need of new bedding I will admit. The bed was quite uncomfortable. The TV was out dated - they were replacing them with wall mounted flat screens however. They were also painting all of the hallways - I see someone mentioned the hallways were not air conditioned - I don't spend time in the hallway, so I don't see why this would matter - I never noticed the hallways being uncomfortable.

I used the pool area quite a bit to tan, and was usually the only one there. Pool area is great.

I have read some reviews stating that the management and staff were rude, that the area is noisy, and there are people hanging around the hotel. I had absolutely no problems with any of the staff on either of my stays. Each one was consistently helpful, courteous - almost to a fault!, and friendly. Jay, Chanel, Patrick, Sachin and Karelia - made my stay all the more enjoyable.

The hotel is on the Pacific Beach boardwalk - there is noise. There are people on the boardwalk, rollerblading, skateboarding, biking, walking and jogging from early morning to evening. The beach is also immediately off the boardwalk - what do people expect?!? For there to be no one on the beach and no one on the boardwalk? If you want quiet and solitude, stay on an island. It's Pacific Beach, it's a beach community - it is what it is. I never found the noise to be over-whelming and slept with my slider open every nite.

Yes, there are a number of homeless that stay directly in front of the hotel on the boardwalk - they keep to themselves and don't bother anyone. I never saw them approach anyone at any time. They are gone by early evening. Traveling alone, I never felt afraid to be near them at any time-in fact I talked to some of them. They are harmless. T

The continental breakfast changed last year and didn't offer as much as it did the year before (there were waffle makers the year before). However, there were several varieties of fresh bagels, packaged pastries, toast, butter, jelly's, cream cheese, fresh fruits, cereals, coffee, juice and milk. Just like any other continental breakfast FOR FREE. I'm just not sure what people expect. It was quite adequate. I would rather not have a full breakfast offered in lieu of keeping costs down.

Again, having walked up and down the boardwalk, there are some really trashy places to stay - including the Best Western that are old, outdated, filthy and run down. Yes, there are a few nicer places like Tower 23 but the cost is also considerably higher. For the money, location, rooms and staff, I can't think of a better place to stay while in Pacific Beach or the San Diego area.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I've stayed at a number of the hotels at Pacific beach, and this was by far the best. The ocean view from our room was unparalleled. I could have spent our whole vacation sitting on the balcony. The staff was wonderful and quickly filled any needs we had and gave great advice for dining. So fast to the ocean- about a minute and you're there (from room to beach). I will definitely be back.

Only down side was the continental breakfast- pretty meager boring pickings, but most continentals are.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveller2332
SDMat, Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2010

We are thrilled to announce that once our renovations are complete, our new kitchen will offer a number of new and improved offerings for our complimentary continental breakfast! This will include, but is not limited to: waffle machines, fresh fruit, and 24-hour juice. Thank you for choosing the Ocean Park Inn!

Reviewed 28 March 2010

We brought our family to stay for 4 nights. The two bedroom suite is great for families. Decent view of the surf / lots of room / good beds / extra queen sofa bed / and a barely adequate kitchen (could use a better fridge). We also had a room with a king size bed. If you stay during holidays such as Spring Break be prepared for noise from the restaurants and clubs across the lane and on Grand. Lots of noise. Rooms facing Grand Avenue can be noisy until 1:00 AM. The more expensive rooms facing the ocean do not have this concern. The rooms are quite pricey but you have the most marvelous location on the beach. There is a nice pool and spa. They are just completing a number of renovations and upgrading. Lots of excellent restaurants within walking distance. We will be returning again. It is privately owned and there are NO deals to be had - you agree to the price quoted or find another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family