“Best service we have had in years!”
Review of Ocean Park Inn

Ocean Park Inn
Ranked #28 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best service we have had in years!”
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Our family took a trip to San Diego for some relaxation and fun. When we arriving we HAD a hotel in another part of town and found quickly it was not the place for us with a five year old. We found the Ocean Park Inn on line and quickly packed an went across town. When we arrived the staff was amazing, knowledgable and helpful. We actually left a tip for Patrick, one of the front desk attendants, to thank him for his help making this a great visit. Our family travels all over the world and I can truly say that I have had the BEST service here at the the Ocean Park Inn!

Molly Cushing and Family

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MollyCushing
, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
MollyCushing,

Thanks for spending time at Ocean Park Inn. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in San Diego!

Glad to hear our staff was attentive to your request! Pat is a great front desk agent and he's always very informative and helpful to our guest! Thanks for giving him such a great compliment!

We hope to have you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Overall - loved the top floor ocean front room --- to fall asleep to the ocean waves and wake up to the waves was awesome. I left my patio slightly open all night (I brought a patio/ventilating lock, though it probably wasn't needed, but I was alone afterall) and it was gorgeous! However...I was on the side of the building next to the loud dance club/bar and heard it ALL night. Plus the gaggle of homeless guys on the walkway was loud at times (but police came by and moved them). If I stay again (and I want to) I'd ask for an oceanfront on the other half of the building away from the bar. Went til about 2am, and was quite obnoxious on a Sat night...but...the waves were so loud it partially drowned out the noise. So - something to be cautious of.

Parking was extremely convenient! I was able to keep my car there the whole next day before I drove out of San Diego, which was really nice.

The rooms got a 3 for clean. At first glance they seem ok, however I travel so much for business I've learned to tear apart and inspect certain areas for certain critters (my room was clean of signs of those) -- but there were layers upon layers of dust everywhere behind the scenes. Months of not vac'ing or getting behind the cracks or furniture. However - the room view was so awesome I could overlook it.

Bed was ok, I mean, it's not a Hilton resort, and I didn't wake up sore. I did wake up with the sunshine and waves, and ate a peaceful breakfast on my patio, then wandered to north Pacific Beach and Tourmaline Beach and found awesome colorful shells for jewelry, a whole sand dollar (3.5" in diameter!), lots of wins and epic fails watching the surfers, and some fossil hunting on the cliffs.

Overall a wonderful experience, you do pay for the view here, but it's amazing and convenient. I'd spend 2 nights here next time, but again, as far away from the bar as I could.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
, Front Office Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
DesertCutie,

Thanks for spending time at Ocean Park Inn.

We hope to have you back soon.
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Wonderful hotel, in perfect location right on the boardwalk - bars/restaurants/shops and supermarket, all within walking distance. Polite, caring, helpful and friendly staff. Parking no problem, underneath the hotel. We left a few things behind in a drawer; I called them, and they shipped to us straight away. Excellent service!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I just got back from a weekend trip with my girlfriends. We stayed at Ocean Park Inn and it was a great trip. The hotel has quite possibly the best location in PB and is right on the beach. There are lots of exciting restaurants and bars near by, so it's a very lively area. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, a pull out sleeper, patio, dining area, and large bathroom. It wasn't too luxuriously, but it was clean and the value was incredible for what we got. The staff was SO friendly and we got to know many of them by name while we were there. I wouldn't hesitate to rebook at this hotel when I'm in San Diego next. We found a discount code to use on Ocean Park Inn's facebook as well.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank pblover134
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This hotel was in a good location in PB, right on the beachfront. The room were nothing special, but were clean and comfortable. The pool area was fairly stark and concrete, but the spa was great after a long day out exploring.

It was really easy to access everything we wanted to from this hotel and easily get to either cheap or upmarket eating areas. We hired bikes one afternoon and rode along the coast and spent another day visiting the main sites of the city.

If i were going back to San Diego again i would probably consider staying in La Jolla (which was a really lovely suburb just up the coast), or even Bird Rock. Both these areas were a bit more upmarket. Coronado which was really nice as well. PB is well suited to people looking for nightlife. The continental breakfast was good at the Ocean Park Inn.

Whilst we were there, we also looked at the Pacific Terrace Hotel which was lovely. The rooms there were more plush that the Ocean Inn and the pool area had a lovely tropical feel about it. It was only a few minutes walk up from Ocean Inn.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, 13 October 2010

Thanks for spending time at Ocean Park Inn.

We hope to have you back soon.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Nice hotel right on beach/boardwark....clean, comfortable room/facilities, flat screen TV....hot tub and small pool on beach....continental breakfast with waffles/toast/cereal/juice/fruit included in price of room....extremely helpful/friendly staff....located in great neighborhood - very safe, plenty of restaurants/bars within 2 block radius, people are very friendly/laid back....small fridge/microwave included in room, 24 grocery store located across street.....hotel is on boardwalk along beach. Can walk/rent bikes/skateboard for several miles in either direction...beach is awesome, right on Pacific Ocean, awesome waves/surfing, very relaxing, excellent people watching or just read a book....also close driving distance to all San Diego attractions....highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, 5 October 2010
Ken,

Hope to see you soon :)
Clear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 October 2010

The Ocean Park Inn is an incredible find. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The rooms are clean and nicely arranged. We had a junior suite and our family of four was easily accomodated. The location right off the boardwalk and steps from the ocean cannot be topped. We went to the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and then drove to Disenyland. It is convienently located for sightseeing. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank juju2378
, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, 4 October 2010
Thank you for giving OPI such an great review.