“An oasis!”

Ranked #21 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Ogallala, NE
“An oasis!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with a trip to San Diego. The staff was amazing. The whole inn was beautiful and well maintained. Room were clean and pool was crystal clear every day we were there. Will stay here again in the futue.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
orange california
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had a really awsome time at comic con this year thanks to the awsome hotel staff Anna Gilda Laura and Ceciley these people really go out on a limb to please the guest and I am appauled by the ridiculous selfish paddle some of these recent guests have made in any event they all run a poor third however I wanna talk about my recent stay this year I got to throw a surprise birthday party for my dearest friend whom I met at comic con 4 years ago Liza rios the front desk girls Gilda and cecliy(such sweethearts) helped me decorate the birthday cake and helped my other friend Carolyn set up the party in the breakfast room they even gave us plates utensils and wine glasses and they were guests we never met and wished her a happy birthday I made a new friend at comic con this year and the gm Beatriz book her a room for next year last but not to say the least is the front desk gal Laura the last day of the con Laura let me in the laundry room early so I could get that out of the way the bottom piece of my hulk costume came undone and she was able to sew it back up I love the hotel and the staff to death and I wouldn't wanna stay no where else

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Morgan Hill, California
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights we came to celebrated my birthday. I must say every review I read was true. The room we stayed in was room 204 and it was a spacious room. The bed was so comfortable we both slept like babies. It was very close to all the attractions. We visited at Old Town, the zoo and the Harbor and the aquarium. Weather was great! I will be staying here in the future!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luvtotravel6064
Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 August 2013

After reading other reviews on TripAdvisor, I stayed at the Old Town Inn for one night after a conference in La Jolla because I wanted to see a little bit of San Diego before heading home. The location was convenient to Old Town and the transit center, as well as the hop-on-hop-off trolley, which allowed me to see the city and visit the zoo and Balboa Park. It was also close to the airport. This was perfect for me since I did not have a car.

The staff was exceptional and attentive in answering my questions prior to my visit and assisting me during my stay, and I was able to purchase discount tickets for the trolley and zoo at the front desk. They also arranged my transportation to the airport. The lobby and bathroom near the pool were very clean and well-kept. The free coffee, fruit-infused cold water, and snacks in the lobby were a welcome touch. The breakfast was ample and varied, and included make-your-own waffles, fresh fruit, bagels, cereal, patries, and oatmeal.

My room (double queen) on the second floor was quiet, spacious, clean, and in great shape, with a flat screen TV and vanity outside the bathroom. Based on other rates I had seen for hotels downtown, I feel the price I paid was of very good value. I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marie R
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights here on the weekend because I fell in love with this holet frim looking at it online. It was a great choice; close to old town shopping and dining! i absolutely loved this place and their continental breakfast was good too :) Will be staying here in the future!

phoenix
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We chose this location because it is very close within walking distance to the Old Town transit center. We bought a transit pass at the Transit Store at 1st and Broadway and went merrily on our way all over using busses and the trolley, getting to our destinations quicker and with less hassle than driving.

We were very pleased with the motel and not expecting anything 5-star. We were traveling with our tiny poodle and were given a room that accommodated pets. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable, large closet, flat-screen TV, refrig and microwave were provided as was a table and two chairs. This room suited our purposes, although we might have upgraded our room choice had we not been traveling with our pet.

The complimentary breakfast was satisfactory with cereals, waffles, fruit, muffins, juice, etc. Someone was always working around to keep it clean and stocked.

The entire staff of this inn could not have been more helpful and friendly, especially the front desk. They printed out bus and trolley routes for us. They were always ready to answer questions. They helped us with a car problem. They always seem to have time for you even though they run a busy establishment. They certainly helped make our stay enjoyable.

The inn is nicely landscaped with beautiful flowers, flower boxes, and patches of green lawn--always kept clean. The pool area was secluded and looked inviting, although we didn't swim.

There are a lot of accommodation choices in San Diego; but everything considered, we found the Old Town Inn to be a wonderful place that we would return to and recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dela
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are grateful for your feedback and compliments about our staff, our service, and our convenient location. Our main goals at the Old Town Inn are to welcome our guests with genuine hospitality, provide cleanliness and quality accommodations, and do it all at an affordable price. These are the qualities that we strive to uphold as a hotel, and we take them very seriously because we know that our guests do as well. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you received the high standard of service that we strive to provide our guests.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Old Town Inn, and for taking the time to review your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Yours in Hospitality,
Alex | Customer Service Agent
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed at Old Town Inn after reading all the positive reviews at Trip Advisor...I guess due to the 4 1/2 stars, I expected a lot more...but it was not bad either...Service/Friendliness of the front desk was exceptional. Breakfast was good. Lobby/rooms were clean. I DID expect a nice big room but it is just your average hotel room....( I guess this was where I was a little disappointed) but again, it was okay and comfortable. It was just because I had higher expectations from past reviews that I have read. LOCATION: very good. close to the airport, sea world, old town. I walked to Old town and this was even at night and felt safe. Being right next to Pacific highway was not a problem as far as noise. Didn't hear any traffic. YOU DO HAVE TO DO SOME U TURNS when getting out of the hotel...depending where you go...a minor hassle but not bad. overall, will stay there again!

Room Tip: requested the upper floor so that we didn't have to worry about noise from above.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your thoughts and feedback. Hearing about what you liked and disliked during your stay helps us very much in keeping up with our guests’ needs. TripAdvisor is crucial in representing our level of guest satisfaction. We truly appreciate your honesty, and take your comments very seriously. Guest comments are very important to us, and we want our guests to know that we are listening.

It can be a challenge to set the right expectations for our guests. I am sorry that you expected something different because of our TripAdvisor reviews; we try very hard to reply to our reviews in a way that sets the right expectations for our guests. Some guests arrive expecting a fancy hotel with scenic views, but that just is not who we are as a hotel. We get a lot of hype from our TripAdvisor reviews, which is great, however it can also give readers the wrong idea about us: We are not a fancy hotel; we are an independently owned, two star rated property that cares very much about guest satisfaction, genuine hospitality, affordability, cleanliness, and quality accommodations. We pride ourselves in providing these qualities to every guest, and we believe this is the main reason for our high ratings on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for mentioning our amenities. We are so glad you enjoyed our breakfast. The Old Town Inn offers many free amenities that you may end up having to pay for in more expensive hotels. We offer free wireless internet, free parking, free coffee and tea service all day, DVD players in all guestrooms, a thoughtfully selected free movie library, and as you mentioned, a complimentary continental breakfast.

I am glad to hear that our location was convenient for you. We appreciate that you mentioned our close proximity to the airport, all of San Diego’s attractions, and that we are walking distance to Old Town. Our location is sometimes off-putting for guests who do not know the area. We appreciate that you realized the benefits of our location far outweigh the negatives, and we thank you for mentioning this in your review. At first glance, our area is industrial, and can even seem a little uninviting. We truly appreciate that you took that second glance and found that our location is convenient, safe, and quiet.

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you again in the near future! We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

Yours in Hospitality,