Days Inn San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center
US$523
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$236
  • Pool
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$474
US$231
US$224
Travelocity
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$213
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$168
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbalboa parkcontinental breakfastleave the carroom was cleanconvention centergaslamp quartersyogurtgaslight districtwithin walking distancewould stay here againconvenient locationcoffee makercoronado islandfront desk staffnice stayper dayramiro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This is a very nice hotel, the staff are friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable about the area. The location is great for Downtown, the Gaslamp area, Balboa Park and the harbour. The rooms are well furnished including microwave and fridge and the beds are very comfortable. Some of the rooms have a great view of the downtown area. They serve a great breakfast in a newly refurbished breakfast room. There is sufficient parking on the site for which they now charge but then every other hotel in San diego charges for parking these days. The hotel is situated in a good area surrounded by high quality apartment developments. I would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd or 4th floor have balconies and great views
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank spiccy
DaysInnSDOwner, Owner at Days Inn San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

We are so gratified when a guest specifically notes improvements which we have made to our property. The recent addition of a Breakfast Area was meant to enhance our guest experience, and we are glad that you enjoyed it, along with the new breakfast menu. Thank you for also pointing out the new mattresses in every room. Finally, we are happy you enjoyed the balcony and view from one of our Business Place rooms.

With our central location to downtown, the airport, the Convention Center, the Gaslamp Quarter, the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, and everything else San Diego has to offer, we strive to be the best hospitality option for business and leisure travellers alike. Thank you very much for your insightful comments, and our attentive staff looks forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I recently stayed at the Days Inn on Ash Street in San Diego, room 414 to be exact. As soon as I got into the room I sat down on a chair next to the round table and it nearly crumbled into pieces. The outlets are completely worn out and will not hold the prongs properly. The power went out in the room numerous times. But the big one was on the last night of my stay...at 2:15 am water began dripping from the ceiling all over the room. My luggage was soaked and so was the bed. We obviously could not sleep, so we checked out early. When we told the "professional" at the counter what was going on, all he could say is...."sorry, should I charge the rate to the card on hand"? He didn't try in any way to make it right. Trust me, stay somewhere else. This place sucks.

• Stayed: September 2011
DaysInnSDOwner, Owner at Days Inn San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

We are very distressed by your review and the problems that you experienced. I would like to invite you to contact our General Manager, Shawn Young, at your convenience to discuss how we might address your concerns. The phone number to the front desk is 619-239-2285.

We sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations, nor ours. We hope to make this right with you, and hope we can change your perception of our property on a future stay.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

I was truly very surprised by how pleasant my stay at this Days Inn was! The Front Desk clerks were all very helpful, especially Justin (hope I remembered that correctly!). The Breakfast was MUCH more substantial than what I was expecting, and in general was a great bonus. The location is very close to the Gaslamp District, Petco Park, the Harbor, the Zoo, and just about every other main San Diego attraction. I definitely plan to stay at this Hotel the next time we visit San Diego and highly recommend it! Thanks again Justin for all your help!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Ryan L
DaysInnSDOwner, Owner at Days Inn San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Thank you very much for your review. We assume you are referring to our clerk Dustin, and we will make sure he sees this review. Speaking about breakfast, we have just finished a renovation which includes a separate breakfast area with far more seating. It is just one more way we try to enhance the guest experience. We look forward to seeing you again down the road.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Located on SE portion of Downtown, not a bad hotel but for $99 a night in San Diego Downtown it is fine. Staff was very nice and breakfast was minimal, mainly muffins, cereal, and juice.
Room was adequate, Space was fine for a couple or single. Balcony overlooking Downtown was nice addition.
TV was horrid half the channels did not come in well and how does a hotel not have ESPN or the like.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SWIBC
DaysInnSDOwner, Owner at Days Inn San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. First off, we appreciate your comments regarding our staff. They work extremely hard to make everyone's stay just as pleasant and problem-free as possible. As for the balcony, certain rooms on our property are designated as Business Place rooms, which not include the balcony but also extra amenities such as complimentary bottled water and snack.

As for our breakfast, we are continually revising the menu to offer as broad a selection as possible. We do apologize for any difficulty that you experienced regarding the TV reception, although we have not received any comments regarding poor reception. If you recall your room number, please contact us at 619-239-2285 and we will promptly investigate your concern. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We hope to see you soon on a future stay!

Reviewed 2 July 2011

My husband and I were not expecting much since we made last minute reservations. Before booking up this hotel I had mixed feelings whether to proceed or not, reading a few reviews about the property, the breakfast etc. I continued and booked up with them and I never regretted! It was a good experience staying with them.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Days Inn. This was my first stay at a Days Inn. I was really surprised by how much they offer for free (internet, breakfast, etc.), things I typically pay extra for at other hotels. The front desk staff was all very helpful and friendly.
The room (king) was spacious, and smelled clean, the comforter and blanket were very soft. Lots of big confortable pillows, and had a nice view of downtown, with a balcony. We didn't use the mini-fridge or microwave, but they are nice to have in a room. We spent a wonderful evenings in the Gaslamp Quarter, which were very close. We’ll return to San Diego and we’ll definitely stay here again.
The only downside was the parking, in the website said “free parking” and when we got to the motel we were charged $10dlls for the night.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
DaysInnSDOwner, Owner at Days Inn San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2011

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! We are always evaluating our guest amenities, and we are very proud to announce our revised breakfast items, higher bandwidth internet, as well as new mattresses in every room.

As for our parking fee, we do strive to offer a lower daily rate than all of our direct downtown competitors, and we do apologize if you saw a website which mistakenly showed free parking. If you know the web address for the site, please let us know at daysinnsd@yahoo.com, and we will address the mistake immediately.

Thanks again for your comments, and we hope to see you again soon.