“Very nice location”

Ranked #204 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Geilenkirchen, Germany
“Very nice location”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip and was very positive impressed by its surroundings, with nice and relaxing landscapes. Room adequate to the standard. Personnel at reception professional and always helpful, and good shuttle service. What I liked less is the unreliable slow internet connection, which could be improved a little and, the morning breakfast that was a bit messy, followed up sometimes by a rude personnel with problem with english comprehension.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the lifts
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Sometimes, I feel like a stuck record. But gadzooks! Seriously, how hard can it be, in the year 2012, for Sheraton to build hotels with fast, reliable Internet? That's twice in two months they've managed to ruin a business trip.
Aside from that, this place is OK. Has all the ambience of a motorway service station, mind, but rooms are cheap and Fine and the staff perfectly cheerful. Just don't plan on using your computer here

• Stayed March 2012
Camarillo, CA
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This hotel was selected for me for business travel. Depending upon where you need to be in San Diego, this may or may not be a convenient location. Regardless, the hotel was clean and seemed to be newly updated. Only weird thing was the bar/restaurant. Although the food and service were good, the tables and chairs were very low to the ground . . . . like adults sitting in a child's seat. Otherwise, a good place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This was my 6th stay at Four Points and probably the one I enjoyed the most. I come here twice a year for business. Off of the top of my head what I like the most is:

Free and safe parking
Clean microwave and frig in the room
Huge flat screen television - but not enough channels at all. Food Network though.
Fantastic memory foam bed - at least I think that's what it's make of.

They do have a coffee pot in the room with a good assortment of coffee and teas, they are wonderful enough to include liquid creamer. When I first began staying here the mugs were ceramic and I loved it - now they are paper.

They don't have central heat or air conditioning - it is the machine that attaches to the window - but, I've never minded this because I love the hum of those machines, they tend to drown out any background noise.

Cleaning crew is really good, front staff have never left me hanging, I even like the coffee lady in the lobby. I've never had an issue with anyone who works there. There are times when I need a late check out and they do their best to accommodate me.

I love to take a walk around the hotel every day at the lunch break, there are nice chairs to sit in around the property where you can watch the golfers do their thing.

The negative stuff is small: Top complaint is the connecting door between rooms - there is an inch of air space under the door and you can hear every shuffle of your neighbors feet as they scuffle across the room. This gap is also present under the front door which doesn't help in keeping any hallway noise out so I take a towel from the bathroom and block the gap up when it's time to hit the sack.

Also, I have not had much luck getting rooms with bathtubs with drains that plug. I need to plug the drain with a washcloth in order to take a bath as opposed to a shower. They have great water temperatures - if you want hot water, they have it.

My last complaint is the taste of the water. They provide you with one free bottle of water on the day that you check in, but that is it. The water out of the faucet is very very bad.

That's it with the negative side.

My room has always had internet. A few years back you needed to go to the front dest for an ethernet cord - but now you just sign on through the hotel's site. It was free.

Now, as far as what to do. If you came without a car you will get your daily exercise in :) Head out of the hotel and go right on Aero Drive, when you get to Conroy make a right. This street has tons of food places (this is mainly an Asian area so that plays out in the food choices) as well as drug stores like CVS. Probably a 15 minute light walk each way.

If you drove, head out of the hotel to the left and go about two miles, stay in the right lane. When you see the McDonalds turn right (This is the light before the freeway) On that stretch there is a WalMart and Frys Electronics among other places.

Take note that they just put in traffic cameras at that big intersection - the camera flashes go off like mad - so follow the rules and save your money :)

Twice in past visits I opted to stay at different hotels that were cheaper and closer to places to eat. I was sorry I did it. Now I just book this place as far in advance as I can. This visit was $99 per day mid-week. My summer visits are about $135.

Like I stated in the title of this review - if you need to stay in this exact area then this is the best hotel you have to choose from. If you can push it to Mission Valley you can get a nicer room for less and be in the middle of everything - but that all depends on how you want to work it.

All the best and I hope this helps!

Room Tip: If you want the least amount of noise, get a room in the A wing on the 3rd floor that has NO connect...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Cambridge, MA
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Despite saying on their website that they had a heated pool and spa -- it wasn't. Since I was travelling on business but brought my family with me, I specifically looked for a hotel with a heated pool to occupy them. Also, there is nothing near this hotel within walking distance, so if I took the car, they were stuck there and had to buy hotel food. Also, while they had a business center, it was closed during my trip. Internet access in room was slow, and too slow to upload attachments. Beds were mediocre. Staff was unhelpful -- often not available or slow to respond and without solutions. Lots of little things, like the people who cleaned the room did not restock the coffee pods, so we had to get more from the front desk. Instead of coming up at 7pm when we called, they came up and knocked on the door at 9pm when we were all asleep (we had come from the East Coast so this was late for us). When we said the hot tub was not hot, the front desk said they would call when it was up and running, but they never did. The hotel lacked all charm -- inside it felt like a warehouse. I was extremely disappointed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lt3333
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Despite the claims on their Web site, there is no WiFi in the rooms - only ethernet and that is unreliable. Staff are barely cordial - not overtly rude, just to the point where you know you are not being treated well, but can't complain because there is no particular stand out behavior you can point to. Rooms are okay, reasonably clean. But who cares when you have work to do and can't get online.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with Internet connectivity and ask the front desk for an ethernet cable...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Turin, Italy
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel for business: I was on my own and I had the chance to experience the restaurant as well: good food better than in other hotel with more known chef and at a reasonable price. Rooms quiet and clean.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business