“Great Location, dated accomodations” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton San Diego

Four Points by Sheraton San Diego
Ranked #197 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Location, dated accomodations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel is in a great location in San Diego. The accomodations are a bit dated, the place has a very 'institutional' feel. I wish the jacuzzi would have been working, that would have my stay much better. I am glad I was able to use my Starpoints for this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback. We apologize that the hot tub was out of order during your stay. We are working on plans to update our guest rooms. We hope to see you again the next time you are in San Diego. Take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We chose this hotel because we had Starwood points. This hotel is nothing fancy but it is clean and is very close to all the attractions.We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was very good! The pool area was nice and the large hot tub was very relaxing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LuvenLife
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have stayed at this location 5 times in the last 9 months. This last trip was horrible! There was a Friday night concert in which the concertgoers took over the parking lot. I had to drive around for 20 minutes to find a spot. People were drinking in their cars and trucks like it was a tailgating party. There were people running up and down the halls and smoking directly at exits. My kids love the pool but were afraid to leave the room! No General Manager is on duty over the weekend. There was no added security, no signs for concertgoers to park in another area of the parking lot (although I was told by the front desk that there were signs). I was told that my complaint would get a response on Monday....Friday I called, because there was no response. The hotel did return points for one room for night. But I had 2 rooms, and I feel that more should have been done. I am headed to San Diego this weekend, but will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
We regret to hear that your fifth stay at the hotel did not meet your expectations from your previous stays with us. We always have a manager on duty and I apologize if they were not helpful in this situation. We value your loyalty to Four Points San Diego over the last nine months. Please reach out to me directly so we can make this right. Miguel, General Manager, mpulido@fourpointssandiego.us

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

atlanta, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel for an exam and was extremely disappointed by the rooms. The televisions were outdated, the lighting in the room was poor, and the carpets seemed to be holding in a very old smell. However, the front desk staff were very nice and helpful. There is a shuttle that can take you to selected locations which was convenient since I didn't have a car. It isn't a horrible hotel but for the price I expected far better than I received.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vetadst5
We are pleased to hear that our associates were helpful and met your needs. Thank you for your feedback regarding your guest room. We are looking into options for updating our guest room furniture.
MICHIGAN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I got all scared reading the terrible reviews on here for this place. We stayed 3 nights in March 2014 (in town for son's graduation from Marine Corp bootcamp). 2 days before our trip, I almost cancelled my 3 FREE nights (using SPG points) and ponied up good money to book a different hotel, I was that uncertain about this place. So, here is my take on it...

Outside grounds: Very nice. Pretty landscaping & plants! Loved it.

Lobby: Fine - looked good to me. Not a 5*, but fine for what it is. Guest service people were very helpful - no problems there either.

Hallways: Weirdest place I've ever seen. lol I had read other reviews about the large hallways. ROFL HUGE hallways. You could LITERALLY have 2 lanes of automobile traffic drive down the center of the hallways with PLENTY of room on both sides for large sidewalk to accommodate pedestrians! omg - what on EARTH were they thinking? MASSIVE hallways - and weird layout. But, who CARES? So, it's weird.

Room: Ok, I'm from Michigan. Been up north to friends that have snowmobiling cabins. This felt a lot like that. Crazy old wood paneled furniture & doors. Like, from the 50's or 60's maybe? Not updated at all. Weird, crazy desk with strange counter-type ledge on back side of it inaccessible for use. lol Wacky. But it was clean. And housekeeping did an EXCELLENT job keeping it clean. We had NONE of the problems other reviews stated about poor service or no service, etc when staying multiple days. And, fyi - I'm rather picky. They even removed my used ice bucket plastic bag liner each day and left a fresh one for me --- not normal at other hotels. If there is ice in the bucket they leave it & I'm stuck with skanky liner when I return to room. So, I thought the attention to detail was VERY good here.

Location: They have a restaurant on premise - we did not eat there, so no advice for ya! They are an easy drive from many restaurants & stores though. We were in town to attend boot camp graduation at MCRD downtown San Diego. Was great location for us - took about 10 - 15 minutes one way to get to the MCRD.

Overall: GREAT use of SPG points for a free night! Highly recommend it (4,000 pts during week - 3,000 on weekend)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HAYDEVIN
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your candid feedback about your 3-day stay. We are delighted to hear you had a good experience and that you recommend our hotel to others. We hope you had a great time at the graduation with your son!
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel feels like a former mental institution. There are several long hallways with empty courtyards in each one. I was attending a business meeting here, so it was convenient for that. But there are so many things wrong with this hotel.

In the parking lot where I was told to park, there was broken glass that was clearly the remnants of a previous evening's auto burglary. When I reached my room, there was a blood stain on the carpet. I thought I had imagined it until a coworker confirmed that she too had a blood stain in her room. Everything in the room is brown and depressing and the bed is not a Sheraton bed by any means. The air conditioner was old and loud.

The one bright spot of the stay was Giovanni at the front desk. He goes above and beyond his job, personally escorting guests to the elevators and advising them where to park. He provides a higher level of service than this property does and should probably have a job at a Four Seasons or a Ritz Carlton rather than a Four Points.

Definitely look somewhere else before staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SFOGlobeTraveler
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that your guest room failed to meet your expectations. We have high standards for cleanliness throughout the property and fell short in this case. Please consider staying with us again in the future so that we may provide a better experience.
Bermuda Dunes
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed Mar. 7 - 9th. Check in was quick and efficient. As an SPG member I was given a room with a "SPG room" sign on the outside of the door. The room was very clean, and generally in good shape, however some of the wallpaper was curled up at the edges in three spots. Also the bed was not great, but it wasn't bad either. Although the corner edge of the mattress had a hard wire sewed into the seam at the corner which made it almost sharp and painful to get in or out of bed. On the plus side, I did like the desk in the room to get some work done, and the wi-fi was fast and stable.
After checking in, my wife and I went out to dinner and returned to the hotel. That's when the DISASTER started. Even though the 4-Points has a very large parking area (that was less than half full when we left), ALL the parking spaces were filled up.It seams the hotel had booked a concert that night, and never mentioned it. Also they made no effort to rope off an area for registered guests. Also they have no valet parking. So, after circling the parking lots for a half hour, I pulled up to the front door and went to the front desk and asked to talk to the manager with my complaint. The kid at the front desk went to get the manager, but no manager ever showed up. Instead the employee at the front desk came back out and offered me his spot in the front of the hotel, which was a nice gesture. However no manager.
When we got back to our room to try and get some sleep all we could hear were punk kids screaming and yelling as they ran up and down the hallways. I assume the clowns were there for the concert at the other end of the hotel. Nevertheless, management was not concerned with the guests. Over all, a very bad experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issue regarding parking during your stay; we understand your frustration with not finding a spot. We will be sharing your review in our next team meeting in order to better prepare for events in the future. We regret to hear that you felt our management team did not care about your concerns. We strive to make every guest feel welcomed and cared for. If you wish to discuss this further, please reach out to me directly. Miguel, General Manager, mpulido@fourpointssandiego.us