Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
  • Restaurant
US$288
US$270
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$211
  • Beachfront
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
US$413
US$374
Official Site
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$224
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$242
US$203
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$224
  • Pool
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$190
  • Restaurant
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$423
  • Beachfront
4,015 results
All reviewsclose to the airportnautical thememain towerthe club loungefree shuttlerental carfitness centerdowntown areacoronado islandvalet parkingseaport villagesea worldquinnsstarbuckscomputersuberpits
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Two separate buildings stayed in the second tower both buildings have the same amenities but the main building has the better.

First the pros view is nice, great place to run or walk, and service was good. Highlights for me was the Gym facilities, one of the best I've used in a hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, bed was a little hard but slept well. Coffee in the room, and channel selection was good, close to the airport. Balcony overlooking the marina.
Cons over $20 a day to park, no refrigerator (snack bar refer in room big $$$ no storage) close to the airport planes after 6am and until midnight not too bad though. In room internet is another $12 charge a day but the lobby has a Internet cafe free, be careful of the nickel and dime charges. Rooms are very clean but bathroom is small, the toilet was loud and flushed hard, and lights were auto so at night it comes on, so prepare. Door was a bear to open, and to shoulder block it to get it open.
Would stay again but will look for better in the future.

Room Tip: This is a average hotel, stay on the bay side to avoid the airport noise, lobby floor has internet
1  Thank daveandgloria
AustinGubrud, Manager at Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear daveandgloria,

Thank you for your kind words and candid comments. It is with feedback like yours that we are able to improve our guest satisfaction and provide every guest a stay to remember.

Our staff will be pleased to hear about the job well done and the great experience you took home. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the fitness center as we take great pride in offering high quality features to keep our guests feel at home.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

After reading about the hotel on trip advisor I was a little concerned, but the facility was quite nice. We had a beautiful view of the marina from our room with a balcony, I was there for a conference so I did not see much of the area. There was a nice restaurant within walking distance. There are two restaurants there and the food was not bad. A little expensive though. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Great rooms in the main building on the marina side

Dear S Y,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your recent stay. We truly love reading about remarkable experiences like the one you received. Adding special touches is where our property excels and we couldn't be happier to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Our staff will be pleased to hear about the job well done and the great experience you took home. Thank you for sharing your comments and we hope to host you again when travel plans permit.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

This place really pleased us.

As SPG members we were given a room on level 10 which was extremely fresh, different in a good way, and had a great bed.

It had a small deck and an excellent view over the Marina.

Just out of the lifts on L10 is a window giving a fantastic view over the harbour, too.

To a person, the front desk staff, and bellman, were the happiest we have seen in their work in any hotel in our tour. This made them enjoyable to deal with, and they were helpful.

The lady in the gift shop not so much. But it is an otherwise very good hotel shop with just the drugs I needed for my cold, and some unusually fine souvenir tee shirts.

The spa pool and pool were just the right temperature as far as we are concerned, and the gym good (though I missed a rowing machine).

Of all the hotels we have stayed in so far in this tour, only the pink palace in Waikiki was better. And that was about 3 times the price.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I was here to celebrate my birthday. I had decided to treat myself to an upgraded room, a suite. Upon checking into my room the couch had stains/dust on it. Was able to move to another room and the same thing was on the new couch as well. There was a huge white stain on the couch in the new room and a stain on the carpet. I decided to speak with a manager in the morning due to it being my birthday and not wanting to deal with it anymore. Later that night I asked for a toothbrush to be brought to the room and there was MOLD on the outside when I received it. I was beyond disgusted. The only thing good about this hotel was the bellman that helped me to my room AND to help move to the new room. Other than that I would NEVER stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cariave

Dear cariave,

Thank you for your recent stay and for the time taken to post your review on TripAdvisor. It is with candid feedback like yours that we are able to improve our guest satisfaction and provide every guest a stay to remember.

We like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while in residence. It is disappointing to hear that your room did not meet your expectations, as we certainly want our guest to have a comfortable place to rest. Our property commonly receives good comments about our attention to detail and cleanliness, which is why your comments will be included in the next leadership meeting.

Here at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina, we take every opportunity to make a guest feel welcomed and appreciated. With that said, we are deeply sorry that you did not experience this on your birthday. Please note that this is not the norm for our property and your comments will be addressed.

Thank you, again, for leaving your comments. We are hopeful to earn another opportunity to demonstrate the potential of our hotel and staff.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton. The staff was friendly and helpful (esp the concierge). The rooms were nice and very clean. The pool area was nice, though doesn't get a ton of sun until later in the day. The lobby and public areas were very nice, and the on-site restaurants were good. The gym was nice enough to get a workout in and the sauna/shower was free to use. They rent bikes from the gym too, which was nice, though we didn't partake. There are a few downsides to this location: It is close to the airport which is very convenient (esp because they have free shuttles), but it is also loud. I was woken up each morning by the sounds of planes taking off. There is also not much close by, so unless you have a car you are sort of stuck there to eat. The restaurants were good though. We did rent a car which is not "on-site" as their website claims. The concierge calls Enterprise, who comes to pick you up. The entire process took an hour before we were in a car, though you can drop it off at the hotel lot and leave the keys with the concierge, so that is convenient. Wifi is $12/night, though it is free in the lobby. I do think the rates were a bit high, and we didn't like the "stuck" feeling of the location as there are no restaurants or bars close, but otherwise the service, rooms, and property are very nice.

Room Tip: See if you can get one facing away from the airport.