I stayed overnight at the Sheraton Bay Tower (the smaller Sheraton) which is about a 7 minute walk from the Sheraton Marina. I took the convenient shuttle from the airport which was literally just a 5 min drive to the hotel. The shuttle runs approx every 25 mins. I stayed in room 917, which was a King size room with a large balcony. The room had a pleasant nautical theme with reds, blues and white. The bed was very comfy with white paneling around the bed. The room was outfitted with a sofa and armchair, a table/desk with two cushioned chairs. The minibar was one of those annoying electronic sensor types.
There were small touches; grey marble counter tops in the bathroom and leather pulls on the dresser drawers that gave the room a luxurious feel. The balcony looked over the Navy base across the water with downtown San Diego in the distance.
The only problem I had with the hotel was that I could hear the toilet flushing from the rooms above and beside mine, granted the toilets had a powerful flush.
I noticed a large number of airline crew were staying at the hotel. This was my first time at a Sheraton and I would say it’s comparable to a Hilton but not as nice a Hyatt (which I normally stay). I did enjoy the in-room Starbucks coffee and tea selection. Although I did not try, the hotel did not seem accessible by public transport. I took a quick $12 cab ride to San Diego downtown.
Overall, I enjoyed the stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego has established itself as a destination featuring world class spirit with genuine warmth. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina offers an authentic San Diego experience. Iconic sunsets and a waterfront destination…it’s comfortably upscale without pretense. As an architectural cornerstone positioned at the point of entry into the city - by air or sea - the imposing facade of the hotel reflects an architectural design inspired by the region’s naval influence. In the mid 1800s, city leaders realized the potential of the San Diego Bay and, with the anticipation of the opening of the Panama Canal, the importance of improving the harbor for commerce. Significant modifications were needed to the Bay to accommodate large ships. As a result, Harbor and Shelter Island were developed, as well as much of the land beneath the San Diego International airport. Today’s San Diego has evolved into a place to meet and share inspiration. Overlooking the scenic San Diego Bay and a private marina, the hotel is a place where San Diego soul and contemporary style go hand and hand. A Bayside resort with urban accessibility, the hotel is a waterfront hub connecting you to the destination’s renowned attractions. Ideally located within easy reach, the historic Liberty Station, the waterfront districts of Point Loma, the energy of Little Italy and the Gaslamp Quarter offer convenient, lively dining and entertainment venues. Amongst exquisite lifestyle decor and a relaxing atmosphere, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reflects a perfect haven for the active lifestyle that is woven deep into the region’s DNA. There are waterside fire pits and three pools - each with a unique personality. But most importantly, the hotel is designed to make best use of San Diego’s average 72 degree year-round sunny weather. Sitting on the dock of the Bay, the hotel offers access to water sport rentals and sailing tours to provide an extraordinary perspective of San Diego. Along with the diversity that found home in San Diego, the intense energy that the destination acquired offers a remarkably unique experience. Naturally, this energy worked its way into the foundation of the hotel. From the moment of arrival, the hotel is designed to offer a scenic environment with unmatched flexibility and capability. The nautically inspired guest rooms and suites come with an elegant array of amenities and social enabling conveniences. Social travelers seeking something astonishing can choose one of the spacious and well equipped suites for a unique and luxurious home away from home. Reflecting the needs of the world’s social traveler, a great hotel is built with much more than awe-inspiring design. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina enlists a warm, friendly and tenured staff that is connected to the urban energy of downtown San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina