The Horton Grand Hotel
US$288
US$270
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$211
Official Site
US$652
HardRockSD.com
  • Restaurant
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$224
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$190
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$225
US$203
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$225
US$256
US$224
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$359
  • Beachfront
All reviewsgas fireplacegaslamp districtconvention centerantique furniturequaint hotelpetco parkchain hotelsvalet parkingsmall balconyceiling fanwithin walking distancehotel baran older hotelrestaurants and barsloved this hotelstreet noisefront desk staff
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

The Horton Grand is a very nice place to stay if you are doing business near downtown or in the Gas Lamp District. Not only is it a good value, but it's a charming hotel with friendly staff. If you stay here you'll be close to tons of restaurants, clubs, and bars near Market Ave ---all within walking distance. It's also not too far from the convention center, maybe a half mile or so. Be warned that there's a nightclub right across the street. When I was there a tour bus dropped off a few dozen people and the place was hopping pretty good. It didn't bother me, but some people might be a little sensitive to the noise. For breakfast, I highly recommend Cafe 21 which is just a few clicks down the street - service and food there was incredible. It's not a big place though so be prepared for a short wait during peak periods.

Overall, I liked the Horton Grand and plan to stay there again on my next trip to SD whether traveling for business or pleasure.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Spent 5 nights there in October. Great hotel. Has an old feel to it but this is what makes its charm. Located close to convention centre and gas lamp district- can walk there. My room was facing third st and island ave, can hear street noise but did not prevent me from sleeping at all. Ask for a room with windows in inner courtyard if you want to be sure not to hear any street noise. Would go back there anytime !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ricksa102
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a convention in late September. The front desk staff were more than friendly and accomodating. The hotel is within walking distance of most anything you want - shopping, good restaurants, trolley, and convention center. Our room had a balcony that overlooked an outdoor courtyard. The room was furnished with lovely antiques. Quite an elegant experience at an affordable cost.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the courtyard side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Likes-to-Travel-52
HortonGrandTeam, General Manager at The Horton Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

We are thankful for you and your husband staying with us and you taking time to write a review. We were very pleased to learn of your experiences and have passed along your thoughts to our team. Glad you felt your experience was at an affordable cost. Hope you will be able to come stay with us again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at the Horton Sept. 6 through Sept. 11, 2013 and I loved it. The decor was very old fashioned and charming and my room was very cozy. I absolutely loved the brand of shampoo and soap they provided. I didn't bring and shampoo with the intention of buying some when I got there and just used theirs! I even hid what I had in my bag so they would give me more. Ha ha! The staff was very friendly and it is a perfect location for sightseeing and going to the Gas Lamp Quarter. Also, you're only 1/2 mile walk from the ferry to Coronado Beach. I had friends stay at a much more expensive hotel by Seaport Village and they were disappointed by their accommodations. I will be returning to the Horton in the future!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here for a weekend in mid-August. The location is great and the valet service was friendly and quick. The location was perfect if you're interested in exploring the Gaslamp Quarter in San Diego. The room wasn't too large but still had a wonderful, quaint ambiance to it. The price was good for the area and time. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple