“A little paint and cleaning can go along way.”

Vagabond Inn - San Diego Airport Marina
Ranked #129 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Familiar with area and Point Loma Seafood restaurant next door were enough reasons to stay here. Off season so rates are low. Greeted by Carlos. Nice kid but needs to smile. Seemed bothered by us at first. We used hotel.com so he seemed a little confused. Smiles don't cost anything. Rooms tiny and a little rundown. Building needs a little loving. Food next door was awesome! Could come back.

• Stayed: October 2013
vagabondinnpl, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - San Diego Airport Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for your review Chiando. My staff and I appreciate your business and are pleased you have the same reverence for our Point Loma community. While we do not have a team member named Carlos, we will use your comments to better the way we approach service with all of our guests.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This quiet little motel is in a really great location. Our room was clean, beds are great, with a view of the marina. You must eat at Mitch's, right on the pier, a 2 min walk. If you want to go fishing stay here. If you want to have a nice place to stay and not break the bank stay here. Staff was great! Thanks Vagabond!

Stayed: October 2013

My staff and I are grateful for your business and compliments. We hope to serve you again should you need our great place on the marina.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We spent 3 nights there. It's dated but clean. The room is very small but good enough if you are only looking for a place to sleep. Really good location for the Marina area. Continental breakfast was minimal but okay. We were going for an early walk every morning due to the excellent location! We tried a couple restaurants in the area. They were good. We paid $17 for a cab to go to Seaworld. We also bought a day pass ($7) for the bus to go to the Zoo and used the this ticket to visit the SD downtown. Yes I would go back to this hotel!

A couple in their forties + 13 year old

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your comments. My staff and I are pleased you find our location convenient and of value. Great information concerning you commute around our city area. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I go to San Diego yearly and stay here each time. It is right by the boardwalk and marina and close to everything I love to go to after I am done working. They are updating at the Vagabond and it is really looking great. Kudos to them! There is a continental breakfast they serve and while I am down by the front desk the night clerk Isabel helps start my day. She is wonderful, friendly, knowledgable and just fun. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
vagabondinnpl, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - San Diego Airport Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

We are delighted to serve you Katrina. Thank you for your comments. Nothing motivates my staff and I more than a satisfied guest. Isabel will be pleased to hear about you review and morning experience in our lobby. We look forward to your return next year.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

It's in a terrific neighborhood, near the airport and in the heart of Point Loma. Clean, friendly, and a bargain. I'm especially grateful to them because I had booked here a week or so ago, then broke my leg last night. Thanks to Hector and the manager, they waived my charges, even though it was well within their rights to keep my $$$ as there is a 24-hour cancellation rule. But they understood and were compassionate and so I will be back at the Vagabond Inn again soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
vagabondinnpl, General Manager at Vagabond Inn - San Diego Airport Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. My staff and I always try to do everything we can in the name of service. We are pleased it results satisfied loyal guests such as your self.

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

If you're not after 5 stars, this is the place to stay. Value for your $$$. Beautiful if you want to stroll around the Marina. We even got a free seal show which was unexpected and exciting for adults and kids alike. Nice food with 5 minute walks. Breakfast ok better than nothing. Pool nice and clean. I would stay here again. Can be a little hard to find.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our property. My staff and I could not be more pleased to know that you, our guest had an enjoyable stay at our property and enjoyed all the things that make our community what it is. We hear the sea lions at times, but it cannot be missed when taking the morning stroll around the marina and Shelter Island. We are grateful for your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Vagabond isn't fancy but it is clean, well priced and walking distance from the San Diego long range boats. I've stayed there several times and see no reason to change. It does NOT have limo service to and from the airport, but it's easy to get a taxi. There is no fitness center or restaurant but there are several excellent restaurants close by.

Room Tip: ground floor rooms may be a bit noisy if people are using the pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your loyalty and will continue to do our best in keeping a clean comfortable guestroom for you. There is not a more conveniently located hotel for those visiting the marina and landings. Always ask about our fisherman and sporting guest discounts that are exclusive to our loyal guests who visit for the marina.